Candidates split on same side of tax ...

Candidates split on same side of tax debate

There are 4 comments on the Concord Monitor story from Sep 27, 2012, titled Candidates split on same side of tax debate. In it, Concord Monitor reports that:

Democrat Maggie Hassan shakes hands with Republican Ovide Lamontagne before the start of a gubernatorial candidates' debate at Rivier University in Nashua, N.H., Thursday, Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Concord Monitor.

southie

Nashua, NH

#1 Sep 28, 2012
we don't need new taxes or new programs.

Please look around you. States cities across the country have every ever lame program and too many taxes to support those lame programs.

BUT THEY STILL DEMAND MORE TAXES AND MORE PROGRAMS???

How many American cities are in bankruptcy court today because they can't pay the bills the have accrued ?? How many states are about to join them??

Look NH there is an axiom in GOVERNMENT economics which states.
" WHAT YOU TAX YOU GET LESS OF WHAT YOU SUBSIDIZE YOU GET MORE OF"

Lets take the road less traveled and not add new programs or taxes to NH .

If you want every program then move to a state that has all of that waste.

Did you know NYC NY has every tax known to mankind and they still need more money to waste so lawmakers are suggesting a lap dancer tax???

Is that what you want for NH so many taxes we have to add a lap dancer tax to pay our bills and waste more money??????????
southie

Nashua, NH

#2 Sep 28, 2012
The tax and spend vampires have arisen !

I know we voters tax payers voted them out of office because we got tired of the liberal tax and spend programs Lasky & Gillmore kept coming up with.

We don't need new programs or taxes. What we need is full accounting of how the money the state takes in is spent?

If Lasky or Gillmore want new programs OR taxes move back to MA, CT, IL or some state about to go bankrupt because of SPENDING MORE THAN THEY TAKE IN.

there is an axiom in government economics which states. WHAT YOU TAX YOU GET LESS OF WHAT YOU SUBSIDIZE YOU GET LESS OF.

now look around you, see all those empty office buildings. long lines at the welfare offices??????

I want more jobs less taxes less walfare
d chicago

Nashua, NH

#3 Oct 1, 2012
so exactly how much money does the 60 miles of toll roads bring into NH treasure each year?

How much of that money actually goes to maintain the 60 miles of toll road way, how much to to staff that mismanage the 60 miles of toll roads?

New Hampshire tax payers are being cheated by collection of tolls which is then used for other non toll road budget items.

Lets have a full accounting of revenue and expenses .
Babiarz

Hampton, NH

#5 Oct 4, 2012
Why wasn't John Babiarz invited to that debate? He was there 8 years ago when he ran then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Exeter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you remember? Jul 24 Joan P 1
College students commuting to portsmouth Jul 15 Alice225 1
Dan Kirouac returns to perform at the Sea Ketch... Jul 15 New England Music... 1
Review: My Reis Salon (May '11) Jul 8 avagardner 14
Gay Hampton Beach and Area. (Jul '15) Jun 30 hellothere 2
News Seabrook Around the Town (Sep '08) May '16 Litigator 82
Vicky Nawaoichyk May '16 EIIa 1

Exeter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Exeter Mortgages