Comments
5,721 - 5,740 of 5,745 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2013
wondering

Wise, VA

#5887 Nov 5, 2012
watch yourself in a mirror???
Liar Watcher wrote:
Lt. Col. Tony Schafer told Fox News that sources were telling him that the President was watching the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi,
Report: Obama Watched Benghazi Attack From 'Situation Room'
Libya in real-time. Schafer told Fox that "only the President" could have ordered backup for the Americans who were under siege by terrorists so the President was most certainly informed of the situation as it was unfolding. "I hate to say this," Schafer said, "according to my sources, yes,[the President] was one of those in the White House situation room in real-time watching this. And the question becomes,'What did the President do or not do in the moments he saw this unveiling?' He -- only he -- could issue a directive to Secretary of Defense Panetta to do something."
American

Columbia, MD

#5888 Nov 5, 2012
In an astonishing display of media malpractice, CBS News quietly released proof--two days before the election, far too late to reach the media and the public--that President Barack Obama lied to the public about the Benghazi attack, as well as about his later claim to have called the attack "terrorism" from the beginning.
CBS unveiled additional footage from its 60 Minutes interview with President Obama, conducted on Sep. 12 immediately after Obama had made his statement about the attacks in the Rose Garden, in which Obama quite clearly refuses to call the Benghazi an act of terror when asked a direct question by reporter Steve Kroft:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

CBS News held onto this footage for more than six weeks, failing to release it even when questions were raised during the Second Presidential Debate as to whether Obama had, in fact, referred to the Benghazi attack as an act of terror before blaming it falsely on demonstrations against an anti-Islamic video. The moderator, CNN's Candy Crowley, intervened on Obama's behalf, falsely declaring he had indeed called the attack an act of terror in his Rose Garden statement, and creating the impression that Romney was wrong.

That exchange turned what would have been an outright win for Romney in the debate into a narrow win or possibly a loss--and it discouraged him from bringing up the issue again in the next debate or on the campaign trail. CBS News could have set the record straight, but held onto this footage, releasing it just before the election--perhaps to avoid the later charge of having suppressed it altogether.

Fox News' Bret Baier, who has been following the timeline of events closely, noted in his analysis this morning:

These are two crucial answers in the big picture. Right after getting out of the Rose Garden, where, according to the second debate and other accounts he definitively called the attack terrorism, Obama is asked point blank about not calling it terrorism. He blinks and does not push back.

Understand that this interview is just hours after he gets out of the Rose Garden.

How after this exchange and the CIA explanation of what was being put up the chain in the intel channels does the Ambassador to the United Nations go on the Sunday shows and say what she says about a spontaneous demonstration sparked by that anti-Islam video? And how does the president deliver a speech to the United Nations 13 days later where he references that anti-Islam video six times when referring to the attack in Benghazi?

There are many questions, and here are a few more.

Why did CBS release a clip that appeared to back up Obama's claim in the second debate on Oct. 19, a few days before the foreign policy debate, and not release the rest of that interview at the beginning?

Why on the Sunday before the election, almost six weeks after the attack, at 6 p.m. does an obscure online timeline posted on CBS.com contain the additional "60 Minutes" interview material from Sept. 12?

Why wasn't it news after the president said what he said in the second debate, knowing what they had in that "60 Minutes" tape -- why didn't they use it then? And why is it taking Fox News to spur other media organizations to take the Benghazi story seriously?

Actually, the conclusion to be drawn is quite simple: CBS News, in an effort to assist President Obama's re-election campaign, corruptly concealed information about two critical issues--namely, a terror attack and the president's dishonesty about it. When the players in the Libya scandal face investigation, so, too, should CBS News and those in the mainstream media who have wantonly assisted the administration's shameless lies.

Is this the leadership America & Americans deserve ?
Graydog

Charlottesville, VA

#5889 Nov 5, 2012
Last minute Bull S**t from the losers.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#5890 Nov 5, 2012
November 6.
NoObama

San Antonio, TX

#5891 Nov 5, 2012
Still thinking about voting for Obama? My prediction is that Obama will take an early lead... until all the Republicans get off work.
Golllyyy

Raven, VA

#5892 Nov 5, 2012
They will??? G-o-o-l-l-y-y-y!Didn't know so many of them are in the workfield.Gazooks!
Bret

Johnson City, TN

#5893 Nov 5, 2012
NoObama wrote:
Still thinking about voting for Obama? My prediction is that Obama will take an early lead... until all the Republicans get off work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =jHsb17MRAj8XX
Not enough rich white people in the United States to elect Romney.

“Change in 2012”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5894 Nov 5, 2012
Romney Has Generated Millions, Obama Has Wasted Trillions

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbar...
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#5895 Nov 5, 2012
Graydog wrote:
<quoted text>And your sorry party can't beat a liberal black Muslim. The "worst" President. What does that say for the Tea party/GOP?
You can say the truth has finally been told!

Vote for real change, vote for Romney!
Really

Charlottesville, VA

#5896 Nov 5, 2012
How can anyone defend a president that wasted billions in taxpayer money and ran up the deficit 6 trillion dollars in 4 years and call him a success!

Obama said if he did not cut the deficit he should be a one term president. What should he get after he increased the deficit 6 trillion dollars? Kicked to the curb!

“Change in 2012”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5897 Nov 5, 2012
Obamanomics.....

If Americans under the age of 18 were required as a group to pay off the entirety of the federal government’s debt in equal shares, each would now need to pay about $218,676.

That is more than the $130,468 average price tag for four years at a private college or the $173,100 median price for an existing one-family home in the United States.

During the time Barack Obama has been president, the U.S. government debt has increased from approximately $143,255 per American under 18 to approximately $218,676 per American under 18--a climb of $75,421 or about 53 percent.

As of Nov. 1, the total national debt was $16,221,685,381,838.28, according to the Bureau of the Public Debt. On Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama was inaugurated, it was $10,626,877,048,913.08. Thus, during Obama’s presidency, the U.S. government debt has increased $5,594,808,332,925.20.

The 2010 Census said there were 74,181,467 people in the United States under the age of 18. Thus the total U.S. government debt of $16,221,685,381,838.28 equals about $218,676 per person under 18, and the $5,594,808,332,925.20 in new debt accumulated under Obama equals about $75,421 per person under 18.
Bret

Johnson City, TN

#5898 Nov 6, 2012
The majority of people in the United States of America have just spoken! They said that they are better-off now than four years ago and they support the President of the United States policies. Now it is time to disband the Republican Party if they won't work with the Democrats.
Graydog

Charlottesville, VA

#5899 Nov 7, 2012
Bret wrote:
The majority of people in the United States of America have just spoken! They said that they are better-off now than four years ago and they support the President of the United States policies. Now it is time to disband the Republican Party if they won't work with the Democrats.
The GOP is dead. Start a new party without the wackos.
Wallop the House Repubs

Goode, VA

#5900 Nov 7, 2012
Or,make a stand to enforce,if not force,the house Repubs to quit acting like spoiled brats,adhere to important legislation put before them! That could very well be treasonist,the actions of some of the house Republicans,not agreeing on important bills,without a legal reason not to!
Bret

Johnson City, TN

#5901 Nov 7, 2012
First words spoken by Boner and Can'tor (wont) was that they have no intention of working with the president. Those morons love compromise as long as everyone else are the ones compromising.

So much for their campaign promises to reach across the aisle.
sherri

Roanoke, VA

#5903 Nov 9, 2012
Haven't had any problems with the party in office. My husband and I are Independent voters, as is the rest of our family. We ourselves have not had a problem with the Republicans, but since we are middle of the road, leaning a bit to the right on some issues, we are more concerned about our taxes and other expenses going up when there are no good paying jobs unless you are a doctor (which I understand that is going to change), lawyer, politician. What is left? Business owners are closing their doors because they can't afford to stay in business, so now we have checkout positions, along with waiting on tables, hotel clerks, maids, and maybe a teacher if you can put up with the nonsense they have to deal with from what my teacher friend tells me. Where is this country heading to? A third world country, and I guess we must deserve it. We do get what we deserve and have to deal with the outcomes. If I lose one more job, I am looking for the government to take care of me because I am sick and tired being told they need less people, are doing away with a certain position, or they only have part time work and no benefits.
Long Term

Raven, VA

#5904 Nov 10, 2012
Maybe a lot of voters voted for President Obama with a long term outlook,tired of the Republican bullying in Congress??The short term voters,may've voted Republican,out of fear of losing their jobs.medicare, and having to pay more taxes,etc.If the oppostion had won,I doubt they would've,or could've, fixed very much,and in midterm,oh boy,what a good time they would've had,slashing programs to help the middle class,poorer people,and upping the flow of resources,from the "bankrupted" country to help them,theirs stay rich,get richer!A lot of voters didn't cave in to bullying from professional lobbyists,crooks!!
he he he

United States

#5906 Nov 26, 2012
Pizza
Raylan

Salem, VA

#5908 Dec 4, 2012
Do you deliver after midnite?
sexy

Princeton, WV

#5910 Jan 2, 2013
Nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John boy Hensley 4 hr Fact 2
Found dog in Caylor (Jan '14) Aug 23 sissy 2
Review: All Towns Locksmith Serving Rose Hill -... Aug 15 Jerk 1
look for someone Jul '14 Yep 7
Delegate Kilgore under investigation Jul '14 Truth 1
Machine branch trailer park Jul '14 Opossum 6
stolen tools in RH Jul '14 gymrockfiord 1
•••
•••
•••