Harbor Court Bistro loses liquor license - Business News

Oct 3, 2008 Read more: Honolulu Star-Bulletin 79
Harbor Court Bistro, the restaurant that replaced Palomino and Cassis at Harbor Court downtown, has lost the ability to serve liquor. Read more
oh no

Honolulu, HI

#42 Oct 5, 2008
Kawika wrote:
I am a Harbor Court owner. The majority of the residents of the building are ecstatic that a restaurant has opened in that space and have said so. What we object to is not the liquor license itself but the TYPE of license for which she was applying -- one for a nightclub. Operating under the temporary license, the nightclub activities have drawn an undesirable clientele. In addition to the excessive noise till 2a.m., this has resulted in fights, vomiting in the planters, urinating in the water fountain and vandalism in the parking garage. We would support a regular liquor license allowing a restaurant that stays open until 10 or 11pm -- but NOT a nightclub -- and have said so many times.
Darn, I wish I knew about this before they yanked the liquor license!!!
When you spoke of unsavory clientel, vomiting and urination, I thought you were talking about all those judges, lawyyers and other pillars of society that used to go there for lunch.....
hmmm

Honolulu, HI

#43 Oct 5, 2008
Lotus321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liquor Commission records indicate The O Lounge has had 3 violations for selling or furnishing liquor to minors; 1 violation for stacking; and 1 violation for administrative recordkeeping.
The bistro owner should have controlled the grand opening event more thoroughly and prevent the overflow crowd from loitering in the Harbor Court common area; should have monitored patron behavior in the common area (no puking, no peeing); and should have been willing to close earlier nightly.
I hope the bistro owner had enough smarts to get an early termination lease clause for this sort of contingency.
The liquor commission keeps records????
I thought the only records they keep is how much they pull in thru bribes and graft.
Oh, and the records of their inspectors of course...
Just joking!
Harbor Court Bistro

Honolulu, HI

#45 Oct 9, 2008
At no time was Harbor Court Bistro attempting to apply for Cabaret or Nightclub License. Please refer to Honolulu Liquor Commission minutes report. Harbor Court Bistro was and continues to seek a Restaurant and Bar License.
SobernDowntn

Honolulu, HI

#47 Oct 9, 2008
Are you aware that Ms. Watanabe donates 90%of |The O Lounge revenue to chatitable causes!Its public record, go check it out!!
ramsfan wrote:
Good!!! Its about time the Liquor Comm. take the public's voice to heart. Hata is only concerned about the bottom line - the mighty dollar. She's the same at the "O" nightclub.
Kudos to the chair of the LC.
808life

Honolulu, HI

#48 Oct 9, 2008
sammy wrote:
why do they refer to her as Hata? i know the Hata family and her side (the mexicans) are the ones they try and keep away from. So Shame she has to abuse a fine family name.
I guess winning mother of the year, or being in the |Pacific |Business |News 40 under 40 class, or |PBN's top 20 Women Business |Owners is an embarrassment.
I guess her community efforts and hundreds of thousands of dollars in contributions to charitable organizations is an embarrassment.
Ignorant fool, she exploits the best of both cultures.
The facts

Honolulu, HI

#52 Oct 10, 2008
And where are you getting this 90% from? Obviously you don't have the facts. Those who know, don't say, but those who think they know, make up fake facts. Show the proof. I can gaurantee you can't. She's BS. She is a trust fund baby that rides off of everyones credit. She acts like she's the bomb, but what ever. She is a smypathy wanting, uneducated trust fund baby that wants to be recognized for what? All of her families hard earned money. People see fakes, and she's one. For what? Who knows. She'll be judged when we pass, and that's probably what she's afraid of. Spooky. Really, really spooky.
brooke

Honolulu, HI

#53 Oct 10, 2008
Maybe you dont read, but all the organizations she's made contributes to |(in the last year alone|) just publicaly thanked her as well as Grace|Bible Church, of which she is a memeber. That's where I get my facts.
The facts wrote:
And where are you getting this 90% from? Obviously you don't have the facts. Those who know, don't say, but those who think they know, make up fake facts. Show the proof. I can gaurantee you can't. She's BS. She is a trust fund baby that rides off of everyones credit. She acts like she's the bomb, but what ever. She is a smypathy wanting, uneducated trust fund baby that wants to be recognized for what? All of her families hard earned money. People see fakes, and she's one. For what? Who knows. She'll be judged when we pass, and that's probably what she's afraid of. Spooky. Really, really spooky.
hnl808

Waipahu, HI

#54 Oct 10, 2008
brooke wrote:
Maybe you dont read, but all the organizations she's made contributes to |(in the last year alone|) just publicaly thanked her as well as Grace|Bible Church, of which she is a memeber. That's where I get my facts.
<quoted text>
It is irrelevant Hata and her charities. At the end of the day she was trying to turn a restaurant into a nightclub on a restaurant license. Deceiving the liquor commission, the residents and her staff. The fact she does all these great things for charity (which is also a convenient tax write off is not the issue) she seems to LOVE this big pat on the back for her charitable work. If she was really a good decent person she would give to charity and wouldn't want all the thanks and ra ra ra for doing it.
Kailua, HI

#56 Oct 11, 2008
Please stop refering to her as "Hata". Her married name is Watanabe and her maiden name is Jimenez. She changed her maiden name so that she would be associated with the Hata family. As for charitable contributions, Elizabeth does NOT do anything without expecting something in return. Too bad she can't keep her big mouth shut. A good PR person could have prevented her from getting herself in this mess.
Killa Wiffa

AOL

#57 Oct 14, 2008
Amateur night!!!!!!!! Wat not to be.
Harm Ha

AOL

#59 Oct 14, 2008
What was there to lose? Harbor Court Bistro is a loser anyway!!!!!!!!
The Berrys of Dingle

AOL

#60 Oct 14, 2008
Too many amateurs drinking on their night off!!!!!!!! They need their milk bottles instead.
Okole Maluna

AOL

#62 Oct 14, 2008
Or their mothers!!!!!!!!
love hawaii

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Oct 24, 2008
ramsfan wrote:
Good!!! Its about time the Liquor Comm. take the public's voice to heart. Hata is only concerned about the bottom line - the mighty dollar. She's the same at the "O" nightclub.
Kudos to the chair of the LC.
That's not true. If you actually read the newspapers and perhaps listen to the radio, you'd know that she's not in it for the money. Why would she be?? She already comes from a very well established family. If you didn't know she contributes a lot for the community. Did you know she does the children's closet for kids that afford clothing? Did you know she held the charity event for the Aloha Airlines man that couldn't afford his medications due to diabetes after shutting down Aloha. Sure O Lounge is a night club but they also hold events that helps our people in our community.
oahugrown

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Oct 24, 2008
Lotus321 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liquor Commission records indicate The O Lounge has had 3 violations for selling or furnishing liquor to minors; 1 violation for stacking; and 1 violation for administrative recordkeeping.
The bistro owner should have controlled the grand opening event more thoroughly and prevent the overflow crowd from loitering in the Harbor Court common area; should have monitored patron behavior in the common area (no puking, no peeing); and should have been willing to close earlier nightly.
I hope the bistro owner had enough smarts to get an early termination lease clause for this sort of contingency.
You do realize that the O Lounge and Harbor Court Bistro are TWO different venues. Although O Lounge may have encountered citations it doesn't affect Harbor Court Bistro.
hnl808

Waipahu, HI

#66 Oct 25, 2008
love hawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. If you actually read the newspapers and perhaps listen to the radio, you'd know that she's not in it for the money. Why would she be?? She already comes from a very well established family. If you didn't know she contributes a lot for the community. Did you know she does the children's closet for kids that afford clothing? Did you know she held the charity event for the Aloha Airlines man that couldn't afford his medications due to diabetes after shutting down Aloha. Sure O Lounge is a night club but they also hold events that helps our people in our community.
She DOESN'T do it for the money.... Do you think she is going to take on all this extra work (baring in mind she has 1 child and another on the way) just for the love of it. Wake up sunshine!! If she doesn't do it for the money she would not have run HCB as the nighclub D'okyo on c. 6 w'ends on a temp resturaunt license, that to me shows someone wants the money.
hnl808

Waipahu, HI

#67 Oct 25, 2008
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
The liquor commission keeps records????
I thought the only records they keep is how much they pull in thru bribes and graft.
Oh, and the records of their inspectors of course...
Just joking!
I know you are just joking. The current liquor commission are fantastic, they give a fair hearing and are switched on. They are an asset to our community. Well done to you all.
dudealohajoe

United States

#68 Oct 25, 2008
Who da fahk kares about da fahkin' bar?

Stop bumping this thread up.

I know this is Ms. Watanabe looking fer mo' buzz.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#69 Oct 25, 2008
Yikes...well, we don't need any more drinkin'
dudealohajoe

United States

#70 Oct 25, 2008
I c my stalker is out and about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Gentry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Urgent action needed 6 hr reply to twatboy 7
News Disgraced officers sentenced (May '08) 8 hr Pinkerton Tenacity 104
News Honolulu looks at San Francisco's toilets on wh... 8 hr vanish 27
Ooof da Goof (Sep '12) 9 hr Ivan 4 248
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 18 hr Ivan 375
Feral Cat Eradication 19 hr nitrono 4
Poll Alice has worms. (Apr '10) Sun Kennel Ration 232
More from around the web

Ewa Gentry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE