7.6M quake hits South Pacific, no tsunami threat to Hawaii

Oct 21, 2011 Full story: KHNL-TV Honolulu 13

A 7.4-magnitude earthquake has struck in the Kermadec Islands northeast of New Zealand.

Full Story
Patti

Fenton, MO

#1 Oct 21, 2011
Hawaii is blessed and enchanted. I lived through Hurricane Eva in 1982. I walked to the beach when the eye went over, whitecaps to the horizon. Wind whipping up assaulting my face. Makaha beach was just gone. Road then ocean. The beach was gone. Did it come back? I love Makaha.
I pray Hawaii is spared a catastropic weather event. You guys were good to me.
I used to know a dude in Ewa Beach, he called himself the Devil, but he was really cool despite his curling toenails. He taught me how to pick a perfect pineapple and how to grow pakalolo.
Aloha :)
Harrys bestestest friend

Ewa Beach, HI

#2 Oct 22, 2011
Patti wrote:
Wind whipping up assaulting my face. Makaha beach was just gone. Road then ocean. The beach was gone. Did it come back? I love Makaha.
Funny you ask. They just finished rebuilding the entire beach within the last month. The ocean will of course do what it wants to, again and again, but for mow, the beach is as nice as ever.
Patti

Fenton, MO

#3 Oct 22, 2011
Harrys bestestest friend wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you ask. They just finished rebuilding the entire beach within the last month. The ocean will of course do what it wants to, again and again, but for mow, the beach is as nice as ever.
cool. Makaha is special. I remember the surfer pairs on one board, a woman on a white horse. Children happy as they play, That has to be a little bit of heaven. Glad to hear Makaha beach is back for now. I just want to go back to Hawaii and never leave...
it's what I dream of..
Maholo.
Harrys bestestest friend

Ewa Beach, HI

#4 Oct 22, 2011
Patti wrote:
<quoted text> cool. Makaha is special. I remember the surfer pairs on one board, a woman on a white horse. Children happy as they play, That has to be a little bit of heaven. Glad to hear Makaha beach is back for now. I just want to go back to Hawaii and never leave...
it's what I dream of..
Maholo.
So what's keeping you? Makaha hasn't changed much, YET!
Patti

San Diego, CA

#5 Oct 22, 2011
Lack of capital is what.Times are tough.
right on for the encouragement.
I will be there as soon as I find a way.
Patti

San Diego, CA

#6 Oct 22, 2011
There is always Hanama Bay. Do people still meet up at " pray for sex" rock in Waianae?
Harrys bestestest friend

Ewa Beach, HI

#7 Oct 22, 2011
Patti wrote:
There is always Hanama Bay. Do people still meet up at " pray for sex" rock in Waianae?
Still the same.
Patti

United States

#8 Oct 23, 2011
I remember now, his name is Clip, and they call him the devil. He had worked on the alaskan pipeline. Wonder if he is still alive.
Harrys bestestest friend

Ewa Beach, HI

#9 Oct 23, 2011
I might know him if he was an engineer on the Pipeline. He still lives here too. I can't think of his name right now, but is it a Spanish sounding name? Did he have family in California?
Patti

United States

#10 Oct 24, 2011
Harrys bestestest friend wrote:
I might know him if he was an engineer on the Pipeline. He still lives here too. I can't think of his name right now, but is it a Spanish sounding name? Did he have family in California?
I have no clue, or forgot. Alot has happened since 1983 after I left...
Patti

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2011
*wake and bake* :)
Harry is haole

Ewa Beach, HI

#12 Oct 24, 2011
Patti wrote:
<quoted text> I have no clue, or forgot. Alot has happened since 1983 after I left...
He was here at that time. I haven't seen him for about two years, used to see him about once a month. I know he had inherited a huge family farm in California and was commuting back and forth, and owns a few rentals in Waianae and Makaha. I'll eventually remember the name. He was the victim of an assault a while ago and was badly injured. A guy beat him with a pipe for simply being in the office with the intended victim. If it's the same guy it would be interesting. What's the odds on two pipeline builders living in Makaha?
Patti

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2011
No, Clip is from.Ewa Beach. But not many locals.ever.leave the island. What are the chnces

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate continues on what to do with the Honolul... 43 min Snoop 23
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr -Lily- 2,393
Waikiki crime report Modern Hotel 3 hr Jack 10
Residents petition to clear up crosswalk laws 4 hr Joe Balls 10
Har har har har (Apr '14) 8 hr Kookubura 72
New bids will test success of efforts to contai... 9 hr Snoop 1
Jordan Ochoa 14 hr blah 1
Ewa Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ewa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:24 am PST

Bleacher Report10:24AM
Report: Johnson Expected to Be Offered Pay Cut
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Ex-Raider Kaluka Maiava serving 15 days in jail for assault
Bleacher Report 8:09 AM
Chris Culliver: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation Surrounding Free-Agent CB
Bleacher Report12:22 PM
Report: Raiders to Release LB LaMarr Woodley
NFL 1:26 PM
Raiders to cut ties with LaMarr Woodley after one year