Isle housing bottom seen - Business

Isle housing bottom seen - Business

There are 62104 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Apr 3, 2009, titled Isle housing bottom seen - Business. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#54414 Jan 27, 2013
HONOLULU (AP)-- Washington offensive tackle Trent Williams won't play in the Pro Bowl after being hurt early Friday in a brawl at a Honolulu nightclub.

NFL officials and local police said Friday night the first-time all-star was hurt in a fight that injured three men, sending two to the hospital.

One man was arrested and five others are being investigated for assault, but not Williams, police said.

When asked whether Williams was being investigated for assault, Honolulu police spokeswoman Michelle Yu said: "I would not say that."

The league said the third-year pro will be on the sideline for the Pro Bowl game Sunday and won't lose his status as a member of the NFC team. Officials say he'll be paid a full Pro Bowl share.

Redskins teammate Jammal Brown said on Twitter that Williams needed seven stitches.

"Wasn't his fault.... He did nothing wrong," Brown said.

Williams was replaced on the NFC team by Minnesota tackle Matt Kalil, who becomes one of seven Vikings on the NFC roster.

The Pro Bowl players have been practicing in Hawaii since Wednesday for a game in jeopardy unless the quality of play improves.

The Pro Bowl appearance is marking something of a personal comeback for Williams, who was suspended four games in 2011 for testing positive multiple times for marijuana.

The 24-year-old former first-round pick in 2009 owned up to his mistake and worked to rebuild his reputation. He was elected a team captain on offense this season.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/201...

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54415 Jan 27, 2013
The Pro Bowl doesn't count, so who cares? They don't even hit each other. He got hurt worse in the bar fight, LOL.
Evil slayer

Honolulu, HI

#54416 Jan 27, 2013
Leeward lolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I hear somehing about smokers paying $8000 more in taxes under roachboy care?
HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND.
Leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#54417 Jan 27, 2013
Evil slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
HIGH FIVES ALL AROUND.
yes yes yes
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54418 Jan 27, 2013
just caught this on another site...haven't looked at it but here it is...

"Breaking news! Chief Justice of the Supreme Court John Roberts schedules a case by Attorney Taitz regarding Obama’s forged IDs to be heard in conference before the full Supreme Court

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/ ...

Orly Taitz will be heard by SCOTUS about Obama's frauds, false documents, and lies. About his High Treason and the reasons SCOTUS must execute him for deceiving and betraying the USA and We The People.

Taitz said Obama's committed espionnage.

This is serious.

We're talking about the death penalty and the electric chair for the world's most powerful man, the POTUS, the leader of the free world, the Commander-in-Chief of the US Army "

...I hope it is true. Will check it now...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54419 Jan 27, 2013
"A teacher asks each of the kids in class what they need at home.

Joey says "A computer." The teacher replies, "That would be very useful."

Kimmy says "A new lawn mower." and gets a similar response.

Little Johnny pops up and says "At my house we don't need anything!"

The teacher asks him to think again carefully, as everybody needs
something.

Little Johnny replies, "No I'm sure. When Obama was re-elected, I remembermmy dad saying,'Well, that's the last [email protected]#ing thing we needed."

The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

-Froggy
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54420 Jan 27, 2013
get ready...

"Israel warns of possible pre-emptive strike in Syria...
Ahmadinejad: Muslims should mobilize to uproot Zionism...
Kissinger: Iran nuclear crisis close...
Key facility hit?
Unconfirmed...
Journalists arrested in raids on newspapers..."
The printer

Honolulu, HI

#54421 Jan 27, 2013
Taitz said Obama's committed espionnage.

CHUCKLE CHUCKLE CHUCKLE

Joe Balls

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#54422 Jan 27, 2013
Guru wrote:
The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
-Froggy
The truest statement ever uttered! Screw proof of ID, you should demand proof of a tax return to vote.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#54423 Jan 27, 2013
"Schedules a case." Yeah, OK.

Roberts could have denied the stay on his own [as Justice Kennedy already did], but Orly could then have presented it to each of the other justices, one at a time. So the Court's routine practice is, when a stay or other motion is denied by one justice and then re-submitted to a second justice, the second one will submit it to the full Court (in order to kill it once and for all). That automatically involves having it "listed" for a conference. It is not actually discussed at the conference unless one justice puts it on the "discuss" list; otherwise, it is automatically denied.

If one justice puts this on the discuss list, we will know because then the Justice Department will be asked to respond. But that won't happen.

The almost certain outcome is that her application will be routinely denied without comment, as all her previous applications have been.
Leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#54424 Jan 27, 2013
Guru, JB, check this out.
I am getting candles ready.

http://classic.wunderground.com/radar/radblas... , HI&showstorms=0&map.x= 299&map.y=204.5&center x=400&centery=240&ligh tning=0&smooth=0&showl abels=1&rainsnow=0
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54425 Jan 27, 2013
Do you believe this one?

"Barack Obama:'I go shooting all the time'
President Barack Obama has claimed that he goes shooting "all the time", while attempting to reassure American gun-owners that he respects their rights to use firearms."
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54426 Jan 27, 2013
Pau wrote:
"Schedules a case." Yeah, OK.
Roberts could have denied the stay on his own [as Justice Kennedy already did], but Orly could then have presented it to each of the other justices, one at a time. So the Court's routine practice is, when a stay or other motion is denied by one justice and then re-submitted to a second justice, the second one will submit it to the full Court (in order to kill it once and for all). That automatically involves having it "listed" for a conference. It is not actually discussed at the conference unless one justice puts it on the "discuss" list; otherwise, it is automatically denied.
If one justice puts this on the discuss list, we will know because then the Justice Department will be asked to respond. But that won't happen.
The almost certain outcome is that her application will be routinely denied without comment, as all her previous applications have been.
I still haven't looked at that site...but if the Supremes will look at it, then what is your prediction? That is what you need to say now. Otherwise STFU.
evil slayer

Honolulu, HI

#54427 Jan 27, 2013
Guru wrote:
Do you believe this one?
"Barack Obama:'I go shooting all the time'
President Barack Obama has claimed that he goes shooting "all the time", while attempting to reassure American gun-owners that he respects their rights to use firearms."
Now he sounds like the real Black Mamba. Step down Kobe cause guru is crying and you might slip on the goo.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54428 Jan 27, 2013
Leeward lolo wrote:
Guru, JB, check this out.
I am getting candles ready.
http://classic.wunderground.com/radar/radblas... , HI&showstorms=0&map.x= 299&map.y=204.5&center x=400&centery=240&ligh tning=0&smooth=0&showl abels=1&rainsnow=0
wow...we have had rain here like cray this year...a storm every 5 days...rain here now...last night, and cold...

check your traffic cams...you can see the rain in each area.....

thanks,
G

hey lolo....go to Home Depot...they have good bug-out bags for $39...in a red bag....good for 2 people for three days...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54429 Jan 27, 2013
evil slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Now he sounds like the real Black Mamba. Step down Kobe cause guru is crying and you might slip on the goo.
lol...put down the crack pipe dude, your mouth is full of ass-hairs.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54430 Jan 27, 2013
Davos 2012: From Capitalism to Fascism
part 1/3-

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Robert Wenzel
War is Crime
January 24, 2012

This is very serious. The elitist power grab is going right at the heart of capitalism. Of course, they have always been for central control, with them in control, but now they are calling out capitalism, directly, as an inferior product.

On Friday, I attacked Larry Summers for blaming the current crisis on capitalism. I thought he was a lone wolf attempting to see how far the anti-capitalist agenda could be pushed. I was wrong.

It appears Summers simply fired the first shot in a new aggressive move by elitists to discredit capitalism outright. The elitists are gathering in Davos, Switzerland right now for the 2012 World Economic Forum.

Check out this horrifying report from AFP on the Summit (my emphasis):

Economic and political elites meeting this week at the Swiss resort of Davos will be asked to urgently find ways to reform a capitalist system that has been described as “outdated and crumbling.”

“We have a general morality gap, we are over-leveraged, we have neglected to invest in the future, we have undermined social coherence, and we are in danger of completely losing the confidence of future generations,” said Klaus Schwab, host and founder of the annual World Economic Forum.

“Solving problems in the context of outdated and crumbling models will only dig us deeper into the hole.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

“We are in an era of profound change that urgently requires new ways of thinking instead of more business-as-usual,” the 73-year-old said, adding that“capitalism in its current form, has no place in the world around us.”

Some 1,600 economic and political leaders, including 40 heads of states and governments, will be asked to come up with new ideas as they converge at eastern Switzerland’s chic ski station for the 42nd edition of the five-day World Economic Forum which opens Wednesday.

From a press release on the Davos forum:

The Davos Open Forum celebrates its 10th anniversary with a programme including a top-level debate on the future of capitalism.

As I pointed out in my comment on Summers, capitalism has nothing to do with the current crisis. It is the interventionist measures (especially central banking) that have caused the current crisis. These measure have distorted capitalism and yet these elitist schemers, who are largely to blame for the crisis, have the chutzpah to blame the crisis on capitalism and to call for more interventions that will benefit no one but the elitist themselves.

Folks, it looks like they are going for the BIG GRAB. Not good. Not good at all.

Among those expected to be in Davos are:

Christine Lagarde, IMF Managing Director
Kumi Naidoo, Greenpeace Executive Director
Robert Zoellick, World Bank President
Bill Gates
David Cameron, UK Prime Minister
John McCain, U.S. Senator (R-AZ)
Nouriel Roubini, Professor at Stern School, NYU, Chairman of Roubini Global Economics
Ehud Barak, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence of Israel
Gordon Brown, UK Prime Minister (2007-2010)
Jean-Claude Trichet, President of the European Central Bank (2003-2011)
Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
Sean Parker – Napster, Plaxo, Facebook, Causes, Spotify & Airtime
Peter Voser, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Dutch Shell
Ed Miliband, Leader, Labour Party, United Kingdom
Paul Polman, Chief Executive Officer ,Unilever
Vikram Pandit, Chief Executive Officer Citi
Yasuchika Hasegawa, President and Chief Executive Officer, Takeda Pharmaceutical
Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman of the Board, Nestlé, Switzerland
Nabil Elaraby,

continued-
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54431 Jan 27, 2013
part 2/2- 2/2.

"...Secretary General of the League of Arab States
Bill Gross, Founder of Technology Incubator Idealab
Michael Dell
Xavier Sala-i-Martin, Professor of Economics at Columbia University.
Tony Blair Office
Congressman Darrell Issa
Raila Amolo Odinga, Prime Minister of the Republic of Kenya.
Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission,“responsible for the Digital Agenda for Europe”.
Pete Cashmore, CEO and Founder of Mashable.com .
Joseph E. Stiglitz
Paul Allen
Goodluck Jonathan, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Michael Porter, Bishop William Lawrence University Professor, Harvard Business School. Director, Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness.
Shadi Hamid, Director of Research at the Brookings Doha Center & Fellow at the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brookings Institution.
Bruno Ferrari, Secretario de Economía de México
Mabel van Oranje, CEO of @TheElders, Co-chair of the European Council on Foreign Relations

And apologist reporters for the elitists:

Tina Brown, editor-in-chief of The Daily Beast and Newsweek.
Andrew Ross Sorkin, New York Times Columnist & CNBC Squawk Box
Maria Bartiromo, Anchor CNBC Closing Bell
Alan Murray, Wall Street Journal Deputy Managing Editor and Executive Editor Online
Thomas L. Friedman, NY Times columnist
Felix Salmon, Reuters
Henry Blodget, Business Insider

Here are the Strategic Partners of the Forum:

ABB
Abraaj Capital
Accel Partners
Accenture
Adecco Group
Adobe Systems Incorporated
Aetna
Agility
Alcatel-Lucent
Alcoa
Apax Partners
ArcelorMittal
AUDI AG
Bahrain Economic Development Board
Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company
Bain & Company
Bank of America
Barclays
Basic Element
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Bombardier
Booz & Company
BP Plc
BT
Burda Media
CA Technologies
Chevron
Cisco
Citi
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, LLC
Clifford Chance
Credit Suisse
Deloitte
Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Post DHL
Dogus Group
DuPont
Ernst & Young
Eskom Holdings SOC Limited
Fluor Corporation
GDF SUEZ
GE
Goldman Sachs
Google
Hanwha Group
HCL Technologies Ltd
Heidrick & Struggles
Hewlett-Packard Company
HSBC
Huawei Technologies
IHS
Infosys
Intel Corporation
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
KPMG International
Kudelski Group
Lenovo
LUKOIL
Mahindra Satyam
ManpowerGroup
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMCo)
McKinsey & Company
Merck
METRO GROUP
Microsoft Corporation
Mitsubishi Corporation
Morgan Stanley
National Bank of Kuwait
Nestlé
Nike Inc.
Nomura Holdings
Novartis
NYSE Euronext
Omnicom Group
PepsiCo
Prudential
Publicis Groupe
PwC
Qualcomm
Reliance Industries
Renault-Nissan Alliance
Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
Sberbank
Siemens
SK Group
Standard Chartered
Swiss International Air Lines
Swiss Re
System Capital Management
Takeda Pharmaceutical
Tata Consultancy Services
The Boston Consulting Group
The Coca-Cola Company
The Dow Chemical Company
The NASDAQ OMX Group
The Olayan Group
Thomson Reuters
Troika Dialog
UBS
Unilever
VimpelCom
Visa Inc.
Vision 3
Volkswagen AG
VTB Bank
Wipro
WPP
Zurich Financial Services

This article was posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at 7:12 am

part 2/2. end
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#54432 Jan 27, 2013
explosion in Iran to its Nuc site.....
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/wnd-report-blows-i...
Leeward lolo

Honolulu, HI

#54433 Jan 27, 2013
Guru, JB check this out.....dah dah dah

Now blow it out your butt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 25 min FBI Dirty - Trump... 2,732
The Liberal Sisterhood will Crumble (Again) 10 hr Joe Balls 54
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 21 hr Princess Hey 924
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) Fri Princess Hey 813
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Fri Princess Hey 4,710
News Waianae High recalls yearbooks containing racia... (May '09) Wed District 1 337
News Feral cats dog residents - Hawaii News (Oct '09) Dec 13 Balls At Work 246

Ewa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ewa Beach Mortgages