Isle housing bottom seen - Business

The worst could be over for Oahu's slumping housing market even though slower conditions are expected to persist until there is better economic news in the state. Full Story
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52974 Nov 25, 2012
Guru wrote:
I was just noticing that a LOT of pickup trucks I see are sporting names of never before seen SOLAR INSTALLATION COMPANIES.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52975 Nov 25, 2012
Look at similar numbers. Go roachboy!!!!!

Guns selling at record pace on Oahu
Posted: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM
Updated: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM

HONOLULU (AP)- Honolulu Police statistics suggest gun sales on Oahu could set a record this year.

As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.

Gun and gun store owners told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser they believe anticipation of President Barack Obama's re-election has led to a spike in the sale of firearms on the island.

Young Guns owner Dale Hayama tells the paper he's seen business grow since Obama was first elected in 2008. He says he saw a 30 to 40% surge in sales after Obama won a second 4-year term earlier this month.

Some fear the potential for stricter gun laws in an Obama administration while others suspect CRIME WILL INCREASE WITH THE ROAWCH BOY IN OFFICE.

Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52976 Nov 25, 2012
Explanation:

SOLAR ~ The number of solar power systems across the island state has doubled every year since 2007, with nearly 20,000 units installed.

GUNS ~ As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#52977 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
Explanation:
SOLAR ~ The number of solar power systems across the island state has doubled every year since 2007, with nearly 20,000 units installed.
GUNS ~ As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.
There are a LOT of solar companies these days, the competition is fierce. Yet, you don't see prices dropping a penny. The only price competition you can find is if you opt for the Chinese-made panels. Lolo, I'm gonna purhase with twelve more panels this year IF Abercrombie holds of on his "Interconnectivity" fee of 20K. Heco and the guv are at war with the public, NO-ONE in power wants people to go solar.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#52978 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
Guns selling at record pace on Oahu
Gun sales make the NRA very proud to increase fund raising for their favorite right wing causes. Unfortunately for the wing-nuts out there, Hawaii will never be a "Red State."
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52979 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
Look at similar numbers. Go roachboy!!!!!
Guns selling at record pace on Oahu
Posted: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM
Updated: Nov 25, 2012 10:27 AM
HONOLULU (AP)- Honolulu Police statistics suggest gun sales on Oahu could set a record this year.
As of Oct. 31, the number of guns sold was just under 21,000, on pace to surpass the record 23,400 sold in 2011.
Gun and gun store owners told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser they believe anticipation of President Barack Obama's re-election has led to a spike in the sale of firearms on the island.
Young Guns owner Dale Hayama tells the paper he's seen business grow since Obama was first elected in 2008. He says he saw a 30 to 40% surge in sales after Obama won a second 4-year term earlier this month.
Some fear the potential for stricter gun laws in an Obama administration while others suspect CRIME WILL INCREASE WITH THE ROAWCH BOY IN OFFICE.
Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
PRAVDA: Obama 're-elected by illiterate society'...
Gun Store Owner Who Banned Obama Supporters Says 'Business Is Booming'... Churches offer concealed weapons training...
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52980 Nov 25, 2012
Another HAWAII TAX. How can it be that this state is broke:

Paid by real estate seller:

Ten cents per $100 property valued at less than $600,000.

Gradually increasing:

Fifty cents per property valued of at least $2,000,000 less than $6,000,000.

Up to:

One hundred cents per $100 per property value of at least $10,000,000.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52981 Nov 25, 2012
HOW THE GOVT LIES ABOUT THE ECONOMY:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/how-government-lie...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52982 Nov 25, 2012
Joe Balls wrote:
HECO will ALWAYS find a way to blame the customer, and the politicians to ensure laws are passed to punish people. The only way around it under the current situation is to completely disconnect from HECO and charge your own battery bank, buy as soon as you do it, your home will be condemned. HECO and politicians = dirty coxsuckers.
HOW THE GOVT LIES ABOUT THE ECONOMY:
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/how-government-lie...
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52983 Nov 25, 2012
They are going after the trolls like meezer and pau in now...
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/leftist-trolls-in-...

WND EXCLUSIVE
Decisive action against Obama's left-wing 'trolls'
Pajama bandits seek to stifle thought, discredit right
Published: 7 hours ago

NEW YORK – WND Internet forum moderators have conducted extensive studies of leftist, pro-Obama “trolls” who post misinformation.

In the process, the moderators have blocked from WND forums participants who post abusive language aimed at angering or otherwise insulting forum members, WND authors, management and staff.

Trolls appear to perform a “disinformation” function typical of counter-intelligence efforts by intelligence agencies to confuse political enemies and refute or deflect opposing political views that are less susceptible to refutation by more traditional methods of debate and argumentation.

Typically, trolls operating on WND forums attempt to defend Obama by posting specious and diversionary arguments with the goal of changing the subject and obscuring topics that could damage Obama, such as his birth records, life narrative, political history and policy preferences, including his current positions as president.

Particularly offensive is the proclivity of trolls to use obscene or blasphemous language mixed with personal invective.

Repeat offenders

Trolls operate on WND forums under various identities, often using the same IP address but with different usernames and email addresses.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#52984 Nov 25, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
Another HAWAII TAX. How can it be that this state is broke:
Paid by real estate seller:
Ten cents per $100 property valued at less than $600,000.
Gradually increasing:
Fifty cents per property valued of at least $2,000,000 less than $6,000,000.
Up to:
One hundred cents per $100 per property value of at least $10,000,000.
BFD! This is old news.

Republican Governor Lingle approved all of this for the state.
Guru

Canyon Country, CA

#52985 Nov 25, 2012
Professional trolls like pau and meezer:

WND moderators have developed criteria for helping to identify a professional troll:

The person’s posts are usually short and snarky, with reasonably correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, suggesting both intelligence and education.

The posts are on the edge of acceptability, with little or no profanity or vulgar language that would get the post flagged immediately.

The person has a high ratio of posts to the number of days on the site, suggesting he’s posting comments nearly full time and is getting paid to troll.

The person posts politely on progressive websites but nastily on conservative websites, using the same username and IP address.

The person’s posts are consistently belittling, rather than intelligent objections and points.

The person’s posts address a broad spectrum of topics rather than focusing on one or two subjects of particular interest. The consistency is in the support of leftist policies and positions taken by the Obama administration.
Laura

United States

#52986 Nov 25, 2012
Guru wrote:
WND moderators have developed criteria for helping to identify a professional troll:
The person’s posts are usually short and snarky, with reasonably correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, suggesting both intelligence and education. The posts are on the edge of acceptability, with little or no profanity or vulgar language that would get the post flagged immediately.
You just outed yourself, Guru. 51,456 mediocre posts of questionable sustance.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#52987 Nov 25, 2012
Does the wing-nut site worldnutsdaily offer recipes for crow? I know this is the season for the bird, Tom Turkey, but it seems that crow is being offered at many places of residence living in denial.

Just as predicted and right on schedule.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52988 Nov 25, 2012
Pau wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD! This is old news.
Republican Governor Lingle approved all of this for the state.
BFD to people who cannot afford to buy homes and live three generations in one home???
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52989 Nov 25, 2012
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
You just outed yourself, Guru. 51,456 mediocre posts of questionable sustance.
Sustance???

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#52990 Nov 26, 2012
Gonna have to copy the Samoans and turn my home into a church one day a year. That way, I can write everything off and drive a big truck.
Jack

Phoenix, AZ

#52991 Nov 26, 2012
AS I GET OLDER I TEND TO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE TO SAY, I JUST WATCH WHAT THEY DO.
Pau

Since: Jan 11

Honolulu, HI

#52992 Nov 26, 2012
leeward LOLO wrote:
<quoted text>
BFD to people who cannot afford to buy homes and live three generations in one home???
Now you're arguing [for] the 47%??? Yeah right....

If a prospective home buyer cannot afford a basic conveyance tax, then they ought to not be thinking about home ownership. Home ownership is not a [right]. It's a privilege. A privilege that is [earned] in the majority of instances.
leeward LOLO

Honolulu, HI

#52993 Nov 26, 2012
Lipstick for a pig??
More wasted taxpayer $$$.

$5M in rail funds will buy artwork for transit depots
By Kevin Dayton / kdayton@staradvertiser.com

~~
The Honolulu rail project will make about $5 million available to buy works of art to dress up the system's 21 train stations, and the city expects to invite artists from across the nation to compete for a chance to win commissions.

The proposed Honolulu Authority for Rapid Transportation budget for fiscal year 2014 includes $1.975 million in the latest dollop of funding for the local Art in Transit program, money that is expected to cover the cost of contracts with about 10 artists. Login for more...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Har har har har (Apr '14) 13 min Hyena 67
Man accused in alcohol poisoning of girl faces ... (Jan '10) 16 min Aloha 46
leeward lolo infects four Waianae Pig Farms__Sh... 26 min God is on my side 2
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... (Jan '14) 27 min 682 Obama Days an... 1,731
obama's fake birth certificate! 5 hr JACK 4
Bad AssJon Eppinga Arizonia 6 hr Pinkerton Agency 2
Alice is a schnook (Sep '09) 9 hr Marley and Company 643
Ewa Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ewa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ewa Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ewa Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:10 am PST

NFL 5:10AM
Frank Gore: Colin Kaepernick will be back to form
Bleacher Report 6:28 AM
Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos: Complete Week 17 Preview for Denver
NFL 6:43 AM
Tony Sparano: Latavius Murray can be a feature back
NFL 9:19 AM
Jeff Garcia wants to help Niners' Colin Kaepernick
NBC Sports12:24 PM
49ers send Alex Boone to IR, sign Trindon Holliday