Man shot dead was trying to turn life...

Man shot dead was trying to turn life around - Hawaii News

There are 161 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 2, 2009, titled Man shot dead was trying to turn life around - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Shawn Powell, formerly known as Shawn Avilla, had a lengthy criminal history, but a friend said he was trying to clean up his life, a life cut short Friday morning in a Keeamoku St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

juror

Mililani, HI

#151 Nov 24, 2011
taking your kid's to hooters to celebrate...yeah right. he was a great dad. lol.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#153 Feb 29, 2012
juror wrote:
taking your kid's to hooters to celebrate...yeah right. he was a great dad. lol.
I wouldn't stay out of Hooters just because the waitresses are pretty. Don't know if I'd take my kid there, but I really don't see anything wrong with it either. It's not a strip joint, it's just a place staffed with pretty females., and you can't ever have too many pretty females around. Gawd knows ugly ones are all around us!
Carole Onishi

Mililani, HI

#154 Feb 29, 2012
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't stay out of Hooters just because the waitresses are pretty. Don't know if I'd take my kid there, but I really don't see anything wrong with it either. It's not a strip joint, it's just a place staffed with pretty females., and you can't ever have too many pretty females around. Gawd knows ugly ones are all around us!
Thats the difference between good parenting or bad. They use common sense unlike you with a known twisted idiotic RETARDED brain connected to a defective personality. If the child is 21 then he is considered a adult not a little kid stupid. You posted a comment sometime back that you sent a 8 year old child to school with a image of Obama shaped with cow(shet)manure for show-n-tell. How immature and down right ignorant proof of what screwed up parenting skills you have. I believe you show little children other things that could be deemed criminal and needs the attention of the agency that protect kids.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#155 Feb 29, 2012
Carole Onishi wrote:
<quoted text> You posted a comment sometime back that you sent a 8 year old child to school with a image of Obama shaped with cow(shet)manure for show-n-tell.
Liar. Show me where I said that. What? Thought so.
John

Hutchinson, KS

#156 Feb 29, 2012
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
Guess who

Honolulu, HI

#157 Feb 29, 2012
John wrote:
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
He's the guy that got your panties in a bunch. WAAAAHAHAHAHA
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#158 Feb 29, 2012
John wrote:
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
Stalker Alert.
Johnathan Avilla-Powell

Lihue, HI

#159 Jun 1, 2013
I am his oldest son. Father's Day is coming around the corner so I searched my fathers name and this is what I find? I'm discussed by what I'm reading. He did what he needed to do. I do not look down/frown upon any decisions that my father made because at the end of the day we came first (Family). To all of you who are questioning if he was a good father, he was an amazing father out of prison/in prison either way we (his kids) were always taken cared of. Everything happens for a reason, I love you dad Thank you for being the best father I could've asked for R.I.P. Shawn Hiapo Avilla-Powell
District 1

Mililani, HI

#160 Jun 1, 2013
Johnathan Avilla-Powell wrote:
I am his oldest son. Father's Day is coming around the corner so I searched my fathers name and this is what I find? I'm discussed by what I'm reading. He did what he needed to do. I do not look down/frown upon any decisions that my father made because at the end of the day we came first (Family). To all of you who are questioning if he was a good father, he was an amazing father out of prison/in prison either way we (his kids) were always taken cared of. Everything happens for a reason, I love you dad Thank you for being the best father I could've asked for R.I.P. Shawn Hiapo Avilla-Powell
Unfortunately sir, you reap what you sow. I sympathize for your loss, but people are imperfect, and leave a wake behind them based on the choices thay have made in life.
It's called responsible behavior. Some have it, and some don't. It is what it is. Teach your children well is all I can say.
District 1

Mililani, HI

#161 Jun 1, 2013
By the way, your posting an objection has revived this thread. Not a good choice on your part, sorry to say. Move on, sir. Leave the dead to their deeds, and focus on yours.
Splat

Los Angeles, CA

#162 Jun 2, 2013
Super Splat!
District 1

Mililani, HI

#163 Jun 2, 2013
Splat wrote:
Super Splat!
Super Yawn!
Keepinitreal

United States

#165 Jul 9, 2015
Say what wrote:
Bar-hopping until 4:00 in the morning, leaving it to his pregnant wife to care for 4 young kids at home?
Is that how one turns one's life around?
The not so smart choices we humans make. I say, the one sleeping has it better off than the one alive living in this hell of a world. Pregnant wife: poor thing...when u open your legs to someone with kids from different women, w/a criminal history, expect the unexpected.
Boiling Point

Saint Paul, MN

#166 Jul 9, 2015
Every man shot dead was trying to turn his life around.

IMHO, in some cases stupid is fixed when they are shot dead.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#167 Jul 10, 2015
Boiling Point wrote:
Every man shot dead was trying to turn his life around.
IMHO, in some cases stupid is fixed when they are shot dead.
Imposter why do you keep changing avatars? Lack of confidence?
Boiling Point

Minneapolis, MN

#168 Jul 10, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Imposter why do you keep changing avatars? Lack of confidence?
I'm the only one posting from Minnesota. So when ya see a Minnesota post it's me.

I change IDs because they get worn out and there are new ones that fit the mood. The ignorant (Libertards) don't follow when ya change IDs, they figure it's someone new, lol.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#169 Jul 10, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Imposter why do you keep changing avatars? Lack of confidence?
Why are you posting as me. I know, you're an idiot.

Since: Jun 15

Location hidden

#170 Jul 10, 2015
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you posting as me. I know, you're an idiot.
Talking to yourself again.
Joe Balls

Waianae, HI

#171 Jul 10, 2015
John wrote:
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
It's my old handle, I stopped using it because there were two or three guys posting dumb shit using my name, as they are still doing.

Since: Jun 15

Location hidden

#172 Jul 10, 2015
John wrote:
Who is this douche nozzle Stumpy. What is his real name? I know my way around Waianae but can't figure out who this idiot is. Anybody have any idea?
Drives a truck hangs out at all the mahu haunts. If you see someone buys cases of power, thats him. When his 460 lb. wife is on the rag he buys power to mark the spot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Island DUI Arrests UP,, You Lose with BOOZE... 40 min Michelle is a man 20
Would you like to be a moderator on your own fo... 42 min Michelle is a man 73
ALARMING TREND,,BIG ISLAND KIDS Lead The State ... 51 min Joe Balls 6
Trump or Hillary 53 min Joe Balls 95
Are Big Island Motorists Too Big To Wear Their ... 2 hr Boi Rollins 6
DISTRICT 1 Finally Admits TO Being A RACE BAITER (Mar '14) 3 hr District 1 191
If the SMOG Doesn't Get You The VOG Will,,Fur real 5 hr Boi Rollins 3

Ewa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ewa Beach Mortgages