3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' bea...

3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' beating

There are 132 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 14, 2008, titled 3 get 10-year terms for 'vicious' beating. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

Circuit Judge Richard Perkins called the beating of a man in Waianae that led to his death a "vicious and cruel" attack before sentencing each of three attackers to the maximum 10-year prison sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
enufalready

Wahiawa, HI

#1 Aug 14, 2008
Ainokea thuggies at play, leading the race to the bottom with yet another display of local hospitality in the wild west. Can't wait to read the posts that will show up describing Waianae as a beautiful source of aloha. The area is full of brutal creeps who will outnumber you, beat you down dead, and then threaten your family and witnesses with the same. I saw these apes blubbering on TV, feigning remorse, seeking release and mercy. Too bad ten years is the max that they could get. The sniveling cowards deserve life.
Baka mon

Japan

#2 Aug 14, 2008
I hope the three "Boogers" enjoys their stay at "Hotel Halawa", and finds "New" friends.
Bobby

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3 Aug 14, 2008
Something is very wrong with sentencing guidelines when someone who "viciously and cruelly" kills a man, and threatens to kill witnesses, only gets 10 years in prison.

The State of Hawaii does not have the death penalty for capital crimes, and I won't debate whether they should for crimes such as this, but the least that should occur would be that these 3 killers are in prison for as long as the victim's family will be without their family member....LIFE.

Bobby
KrisC

AOL

#4 Aug 14, 2008
TEN YEARS? AND THEY WILL PROBABLY GET PAROLED. NO WONDER PEOPLE THINK NOTHING OF BEATING PEOPLE UP.
khi

Ewa Beach, HI

#5 Aug 14, 2008
This is another failed prosecution by failure of a prosecutor.
ryansistah74

AOL

#6 Aug 14, 2008
KrisC wrote:
TEN YEARS? AND THEY WILL PROBABLY GET PAROLED. NO WONDER PEOPLE THINK NOTHING OF BEATING PEOPLE UP.
Thank you.

“End War!”

Since: Aug 08

Honolulu

#7 Aug 14, 2008
I believe when a crime is committed and you are in charge of punishment, "remorse" is a key factor.

In this case there is none. Bunch of "Punks"...10 years not enough for killing someone. They could be out in a few years. Should get 10 more for "Bull ****" the court and family.... oh please " ...we did not mean to hurt anyone that day". Hope someone kicks thier A** everyday they spend behind bars.

“End War!”

Since: Aug 08

Honolulu

#9 Aug 14, 2008
khi wrote:
This is another failed prosecution by failure of a prosecutor.
Maybe. Wonder why they could not get them on "attempted murder". 10 years...hahaha bunch of "punks"
david

Irvine, CA

#10 Aug 14, 2008
lucky you live Hawaii!(not)

there is a theme that has developed in your state over the last year that is far from aloha.

enjoy what your police and judges have created for you, just don't attempt to good samarit or statistics say, you will be killed, or beaten at best there.
Tomio

Montgomery, AL

#11 Aug 14, 2008
Ten years for killing someone and a $469 dollar in restitution. Wow, guess Hawaii is the place to be for committing crimes.
Dave

AOL

#12 Aug 14, 2008
10 years?
Eeewwww, PERKINS is so so tough on criminals... Well leave it to the locals (liberals) to elect more like PERKINS. Anyone figure out yet how crime grows? DUD!!
weak judges

Honolulu, HI

#13 Aug 14, 2008
hawaii courts are notorious for weak judges.
joemover

AOL

#14 Aug 14, 2008
judgePERKINS...YOU NEED TO BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE BENCH...THIS 3 STOOGES WHOM IS NOT EVEN FROM WAIANAE WILLGET THERES...AHUI HOU BRADAH ROGE
WILLIE HIGA

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Aug 14, 2008
10 years not enough!
RICO

Montgomery, AL

#16 Aug 14, 2008
I Love Hawaii,born and raised, live in the mainland now for sometime but every time there is a beating incident and the local braddas just seem to walk away free from there stupid actions, makes me want wonder what kind of justice is being served in Hawaii. Hawaii has to put these kind of locals down and never let them get back up. A lot of the people here ( Hawaii locals and mainlanders) have a bad taste about Hawaii. Come on justice system wake up and do the right thing. Don't be scared to react. Keep Hawaii beautiful by not letting a few locals get away with murder and laugh and live to tell about it. Maybe we should all let our good Lord Jesus Christ put them down and remind the justice system that everything comes from Him and remember who gave them what they have. Aloha - E Malama Pono
kanehi

Honolulu, HI

#17 Aug 14, 2008
Well, 10 years is better than nothing but the restitution amount is ridiculous. They're like a pack of wild dogs and should not spend time together in jail because they'll find comfort with each other. There's no sadder pain than seeing a grieving mother who tried to raise his son right and his life taken away by a bunch of f**ks. No amount of apology will ever take the pain away.

Since: Dec 07

Honolulu, HI

#18 Aug 14, 2008
Max 10 year sentence? We need felony murder.
Love Waianae

Aiea, HI

#19 Aug 14, 2008
The fine amount appears to be one month's welfare check for some reason, wonder if there is a connection. Ten years is a long time, better than a bunch of appeals that may lead to a reversal or something as bad. The victim was local, so at least they'll go to jail. Now if our weak-kneed parole board won't quietly let them out in two months.
RRD

Whitehall, PA

#20 Aug 14, 2008
I left da islands in 78', I been in VA since then and it's been good to me, we have capital punishment, unfortunately we're are only 2nd to Texas for killing killers. Darn, we need to step up the process and catch up. Hawaii is a liberal state, always been and will always be. Oh yeah gas here is $3.48 a gal. When I visit, I renew my love for my family and birthplace then leave.
Wired

Honolulu, HI

#21 Aug 14, 2008
Where in the world did this judge get that $469 dollar figure? Now days a bicycle, a tank of gas, an iphone costs more than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Savio Homes Plz read the leeward lolo and Guru ... (Jan '15) 6 min Francine 70
Water Turns to Blood in the West Coast Californ... 5 hr Joe Balls 5
Protesting Blacks Just Don't Understand "Mess w... 5 hr Wong Get Low 223
The DEMOCRAT run Hawaii 5 hr American_Infidel 11
Steven Gentry from Hawaii is now posing as a Wh... (Feb '12) 5 hr Stephen Gentry Fraud 27
Mr. President, Donald Trump 6 hr Francine 63
Hawaii is Paradise on Earth. Come and share th... 7 hr Joe Balls 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ewa Beach Mortgages