Micronesian in Hawaii

Aug 2, 2011 Full story: Honolulu 548

Micronesians are Hawaii's newest arrivals. We wanted to find out more about what it's like to make a new life here.

Full Story
Haole

Honolulu, HI

#371 Dec 8, 2012
hahahaha....this is so funny!!! ugly people calling other ugly people ugly...hahahahaha. you island dumbasses are hilarious. keep posting, it makes my day.=)
District 1

Kapolei, HI

#372 Dec 8, 2012
Haole is as haole does.
Stink no shower HAOLE

United States

#373 Dec 8, 2012
Marshallese? Nice!! It's gotta be the Hawaiians take'n advantage of them being quiet and all. They can only take in so much. Now the Hawaiians pay'n the price.
Micro

Honolulu, HI

#376 Dec 9, 2012
HapaHawaiianKid wrote:
^ AKA " Roach Islands"
Eh bra how much kanaka maoli yu git? I am not asking how many times 1 brown guy has slammed you up da okole either. Yu sound like one dumb portage dat your mom wen BS yu about who yur fadda was. Maybe he was 1 popolo dat don't count as hapa kanaka? dumb fck
TKK

United States

#377 Dec 11, 2012
Micro wrote:
<quoted text>Eh bra how much kanaka maoli yu git? I am not asking how many times 1 brown guy has slammed you up da okole either. Yu sound like one dumb portage dat your mom wen BS yu about who yur fadda was. Maybe he was 1 popolo dat don't count as hapa kanaka? dumb fck
Hahahahahaha...good 1
Anonymous

Calviá, Spain

#378 Dec 11, 2012
https://www.phoneunlock24.com
phone unlock 24
www.phoneunlock24.com is a website for unlocking free all gsm phones worldwide. 100% Satisfaction guaranteed. Imei Unlocks cell.
liberacion de moviles al mejor precios espana
how to unlock cell phones iphone apple the best prices usa canada europe
como liberar gratis htc iphone apple blackberry nokia samsung motorola sony ericsson alcatel lg zte android
David

Durham, NC

#381 Dec 18, 2012
Venomous Mister Nasty wrote:
What do you call a half micro/half black man=
Micro Jackson ....Heee hee
Hilarious!!! Love it. Gonna tell all my friends now.
David

Durham, NC

#382 Dec 18, 2012
MICRO JACKSON. Hiliarous!! Gonna tell all my friends right now.
David

Durham, NC

#383 Dec 19, 2012
leeward lolo wrote:
Posted: Friday, August 12th, 2011 4:56 AM HST
Hawaii's costs of federal migration treaty rise
By Associated Press
HONOLULU (AP)— Costs to Hawaii's government have jumped to provide services to Pacific island migrants who moved to the United States under a federal treaty.
A newly released report shows that Hawaii government expenses rose from $32 million in 2002 to $115 million last year to pay for government services to migrants from Micronesia, the Marshall Islands and Palau.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie writes in a Tuesday letter accompanying the report that the state can't continue to absorb these costs without additional support from the federal government.
The letter was sent to the U.S. Office of Insular Affairs, which is evaluating ideas to reduce costs to local governments under a federal treaty granting financial assistance and migration rights after the U.S. used the Pacific islands for nuclear weapons testing from 1946 to 1958.
OK. So we tested nuclear weapons in the Pacific at that time. We were at war and didn't realize the true effects of radiation and all that. That, however, doesn't give the right for Micronesians to take advantage of our system and hog our welfare and Med Quest and get everything they want so they can be lazy. There are those who really need help that can't get it because of them. Enough said.

“E HERE MAI FAKA 'OUTOU”

Since: Apr 12

Kanakaville, Wai'anae

#384 Dec 19, 2012
^ Glad to hear it from an Americans perspective. See Roaches, everyone knows you lazy Lol.
slamela

Kaneohe, HI

#387 Jan 23, 2013
george wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/cit y/honolulu-hi/TNNHQA3GVBOEPS9O U
They moved here because the United States government saw fit to test Nuclear weapons on a whole culture. Which then descimated there land and poisoned there people. They are here because the United States Government has to somehow attempt to make right by what they have done to them. This community did not agree to have nuclear testing done on them, the U.S. just decided it was in there own best interest to test poison on this unknowing community.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#388 Jan 23, 2013
The problem isn't with the emigration, the problem is that they ALL came to one place and are over-burdening the taxpayers of Hawaii.
abcd

Barrigada, Guam

#389 Jan 28, 2013
leeward lolo wrote:
Posted: Friday, August 12th, 2011 4:56 AM HST
Hawaii's costs of federal migration treaty rise
By Associated Press
HONOLULU (AP)— Costs to Hawaii's government have jumped to provide services to Pacific island migrants who moved to the United States under a federal treaty.
A newly released report shows that Hawaii government expenses rose from $32 million in 2002 to $115 million last year to pay for government services to migrants from Micronesia, the Marshall Islands and Palau.
Gov. Neil Abercrombie writes in a Tuesday letter accompanying the report that the state can't continue to absorb these costs without additional support from the federal government.
The letter was sent to the U.S. Office of Insular Affairs, which is evaluating ideas to reduce costs to local governments under a federal treaty granting financial assistance and migration rights after the U.S. used the Pacific islands for nuclear weapons testing from 1946 to 1958.
so if theyre spending millions on micros, how come i never heard of a millionaire micronesian? i call bs on this story
so now it looks like the hawaiian governor wants more millions into the state hawaii to make more millionaire micros because the 100 million micros use is not enough, is that so mr.abercrumblebee
micros you better check what youre getting in support, if its only thousands and not millions, mr.abercrumblee is taking 99% of your cut at the expense of your reputations.
Marshal

Honolulu, HI

#391 Jan 28, 2013
Too bad a mind is a terrible things to lose.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#392 Jan 28, 2013
abcd wrote:
<quoted text>
so if theyre spending millions on micros, how come i never heard of a millionaire micronesian? i call bs on this story
so now it looks like the hawaiian governor wants more millions into the state hawaii to make more millionaire micros because the 100 million micros use is not enough, is that so mr.abercrumblebee
micros you better check what youre getting in support, if its only thousands and not millions, mr.abercrumblee is taking 99% of your cut at the expense of your reputations.
Very simple. Like Hawaiian programs that take in millions of dollars from the estates and the federal government, the money disappears, never to be seen again. Hawaiians shouls own mansions with all the money they supposedly received over the years. They don't by homes with the money, or anything else, they just funnel it to their relatives, who run the "non-profits."

A guy I know recently organized a charity to build a small playground. He figured it would cost around 30K. He raised the funds in a few days, and it ended up costing 80K. Why? Because it was known he had raised 80K for the job. No other reason. Abercrombie got his fingers in the pie as soon as he smelled it, and claims HE did it! He had nothing to do with it, just showed up and took credit for doing it. Around 20K was just for the backhoe operations, which I was going to do for NOTHING! All of a sudden some company just showed up to do it, so I bowed out. The vultures run this town. They "help" us to death.
District 1

Kapolei, HI

#394 Feb 6, 2013
VernusDelusional wrote:
I almost went to Hawaii this year, but then I decided a third world country was much better (and CHEAPER),,, har har har!
You have no idea how sad we are to know this.
truthful and hurtful

Honolulu, HI

#395 Feb 7, 2013
You can find second world behavior every day in Hawaii if you are out and about.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#396 Feb 7, 2013
truthful and hurtful wrote:
You can find second world behavior every day in Hawaii if you are out and about.
That brings up a question. How come you never hear of the "second world?"
what is it? Mexico, or maybe Detroit? Kalihi? Kailua?
Facing the facts

Honolulu, HI

#397 Feb 7, 2013
Joe Balls wrote:
<quoted text> That brings up a question. How come you never hear of the "second world?"
what is it? Mexico, or maybe Detroit? Kalihi? Kailua?
Waianae has the lowest income/property affordable ratio in Hawaii. Kailhi,Kailua home owners are all legitimate millionaires. If you own a home in Waianae it only means that is the only place you can afford and qualify for. People will move into a area because it is affordable. I believe you could not qualify for Kalihi and that's for sure Kailua. Time to think about moving back to Detroit.In Mexico you might last for just one day at most.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#398 Feb 7, 2013
You couldn't pay me to live in Kalihi. It's town, and I hate town. Give me the wide open spaces every time. You like living with your nose next to your neighbor's aszhole, but I don't, won't and don't desire to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ewa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Arpaio and Guru Both Are Both Present Day Q... 33 min Tormenta 7
OBAMA COUNTDOWN for DAYS LEFT In Office UNTIL N... (Jan '14) 3 hr Guru 1,722
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 6 hr 75 Scorpio 2,277
What Hawaii is really like. (Jan '08) 6 hr Guru 235
Lava flow 7 hr Guru 327
Review: Island Realty Group LLC (Oct '09) Nov '14 RyancoBryan 23
A week before her slaying, victim escaped to sa... (Mar '09) Oct '14 Joe Balls 27
Ewa Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ewa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ewa Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ewa Beach

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:43 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:43PM
49ers' Crabtree doesn't know what future holds - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:54 PM
Derek Carr returns to practice with Raiders - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:05 PM
49ers Potential Cap Casualties for 2015
NBC Sports 4:31 AM
Michael Crabtree can't wait to see what happens this offseason
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
John Harbaugh: Family not pushing brother Jim to Michigan