Pacific Modeling Acting.com
portland girl

United States

#403 Jan 10, 2011
The pronounced Tay just had kids auditioning this past saturday in portland 1-08-11 and i had second thoughts about it but decided to go but started doing research and it sounds like a scam
Frustrated NE Mom

Omaha, NE

#404 Feb 13, 2011
What a joke! We showed up listened to the "presentation" did our 2 minute interview and our daughter did the 40 second commerical "recording" Received the brochure and a yellow piece of paper telling us to check out www.thejuly2011event.com web page and to check them out on facebook. They are not on FB and their website is a joke. Received a call back and after continuing to search the internet.. I found this discussion board--we were very skeptical, so we kept our appointment today--walked in to talk with the gentlemen and my husband said we think that our daughter would be better served using her GOD given talents in another way.. he was so taken back and did not know what to say--at that we stood up, my husband reached across the table and said we will be taking our personal information along with the photos with us and we walked out. I wish there was something more we could put out there so when people research--they find out right away..we tried to talk to the few families waiting.. hopefully they did what we did..Said to think that people pray on kids and their dreams.
Teen student

United States

#405 Mar 21, 2011
They r now workng in detroit n going to LA TOMARROW! Their using da "THE" name. Also thier using names josh sam jeff ec. I got acceptd into da program but sumthng felt wrong so I googled them b4 my parents gave them money n found ghis. Thanks everybody. Those ppl can go to hell! N they hurt my lil bro feelngs.
Teen student

United States

#406 Mar 21, 2011
I feel so bad for all who get scam
MmM

Buffalo, NY

#407 Mar 28, 2011
*********The talent company `THE` is now scamming families in Buffalo/Niagra falls,NY area. The were here on 3/26/11 weekend and are such a huge scam and they need to be stopped. Appears the use diffrent company names and scout names. Someone should do something as I have tried to contract all agencies to make sure they stop what they are doing and making children dreams be abused for marketing and simply making substancial funds with a scam. When this thing in FL happens every year a few times.The number from the radio they gave was 877-414-7615**********
Teresa C wrote:
After spending two days reading these messages, thank god they were here to read, it appears these folks are in a different city almost every weekend or so. Yes I too heard it here in Edmonds WA. the other day on Jack 96.5 and was so excited, since my 7 year old has high hopes of being a star some day. I called the 888.999.6632 phone number and got an appt. for this Saturday June 26th at 10:00 a.m. It was the same MO exactly, bring the two photos and dress professionaly, which I don't understand, maybe they get off on dangling us like puppets by telling us what to wear and do and we do it! I of course googled the phone number immediately and found this site, so I called back and asked if I would need to bring any money and they said no money will be needed. This time it is at the Bellevue Westin in the Grand Ballroom and they are saying they are auditioning for a prodution of "THE" pronounced TAE. Also they said Chris Ledford who after googling is someone involved with ABA Talent agency in California and they are sponsered by New York studios. These are the folks who should and could be pressing charges if they new their names were being falsley used to promote fictitious scouting. Well even if I wanted to spend money to advance my kido in this field I just couldn't spend that kind of money I don't have, so I guess I could play the same game back and give them a big fat bad check and laugh all the way out of there. LOL Well I will be watching the world cup game tomorrow instead of going to this scam. GO USA!
MmM

Buffalo, NY

#408 Mar 28, 2011
**********AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETLY, WE JUST WENT THIS PASS SATURDAY AT 7:30PM AT THE CONFERENCE CENTER IN NIAGARA FALLS,NY AND IT WAS SUCH A HUGE SCAM BUT WE DIDN'T FIND OUT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY.AFTER THE MINUTE INTERVIEW AND LITTLE COMMERCIAL SCRIPT WE LEFT OF COURSE WITH THE BROCHUE THAT GIVES NO DETAILS OR OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND THE GREEN SHEET TO CONTACT THEM THE NEXT DAY TO SEE IF MY LITTLE ONE WAS CHOSEN.....WELL I DID EMAIL THEM AND RECEIVED A CALL BACK AND SAID TO COME IN AND GET REGISTERED AND BRING A CREDIT CARD...HUH?!? WHY A CREDIT CARD WHEN THE EVEN IS IN JULY AND WE HAVE ALOT OF QUESTIONS.....THAT IS WHERE WE PUT THE BRAKES ON AND DID RESEARCH ONLINE AND FOUND NOTHING PERTAINING TO THIS COMPANY, I TRIED ALL SORTS OF SEARCHES AND THEY HAVE A OLD SITE 2010THEEVENTS.INFO AND THAT WAS IT......IT APPEARS THEY HAVE THAT IN FL EVERY YEAR THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AND `THE` IS CHARGING SO MUCH THAT YOU CAN SIMPLY GO YOURSELF AND IT WOULD BE CHEAPER BY CONTACT THE HOTEL FOR INFORMATON ON HOW TO REGISTER......I AM SO GLAD WE DID NOT GO THROUGH WITH IT. I FELT SO BAD AT FIRST THINKING IT WAS LEGIT AND DID NOT WANT TO HOLD MY LITTLE ONE BACK BUT REALLY ITS JUST FOR THE $$$$$$$***
Frustrated NE Mom wrote:
What a joke! We showed up listened to the "presentation" did our 2 minute interview and our daughter did the 40 second commerical "recording" Received the brochure and a yellow piece of paper telling us to check out www.thejuly2011event.com web page and to check them out on facebook. They are not on FB and their website is a joke. Received a call back and after continuing to search the internet.. I found this discussion board--we were very skeptical, so we kept our appointment today--walked in to talk with the gentlemen and my husband said we think that our daughter would be better served using her GOD given talents in another way.. he was so taken back and did not know what to say--at that we stood up, my husband reached across the table and said we will be taking our personal information along with the photos with us and we walked out. I wish there was something more we could put out there so when people research--they find out right away..we tried to talk to the few families waiting.. hopefully they did what we did..Said to think that people pray on kids and their dreams.

Since: Apr 11

Yuma, AZ

#409 Apr 9, 2011
Whatever happened to George Gammon, the guy who ran THE and ACT?
jsn257

Arlington, TX

#410 Apr 23, 2011
"THe" is NOT a scam! We just returned from The April 2011 event and received 10 callbacks from different Agents, Managers and casting directors. My son has already been contacted for work. I can't speak for the other organizations, but, "THe" is the real deal. As a parent, I'd do it again......
jsn257

Arlington, TX

#411 Apr 23, 2011
Also, "THe" DOES have a Facebook page! "The Events"....Read that and make a decision. Everyone on there has attended or will be attending in July...They give out $50,000 in prizes on awards night for those with the most callbacks. There are pics of the winners on Facebook. Once again, not a scam. I also researched every one of our callbacks and only one was suspicious....Cinematic. The others check out.
pcmomofthree

Brookline, MA

#412 May 3, 2011
jsn257 wrote:
Also, "THe" DOES have a Facebook page! "The Events"....Read that and make a decision. Everyone on there has attended or will be attending in July...They give out $50,000 in prizes on awards night for those with the most callbacks. There are pics of the winners on Facebook. Once again, not a scam. I also researched every one of our callbacks and only one was suspicious....Cinematic. The others check out.
wouldnt it have been cheaper for you to just call and schedule with the hotel rather then paying them thousands of dollars for what you could have done with a phone call?
TexasDad

Southlake, TX

#413 Jun 5, 2011
Hey everyone, I attended the hotel audition & interview in Frisco, TX with my two younger children yesterday. I can see why there are so many parents upset. However, I think that the problem lies with the parents not the company. It's a similar syndrome that football dads or gymnastics mom get, except this is Child-Star Parents Syndrome. If you don't know what that is please look it up and you'll see video footage & articles of the-likes of Michael & Donata Lohan. For those saying this is a scam, how could you say that unless you've participated and were fraudulently removed of your money. The definition of scam is: A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle. Just because you have to pay for your child to participate in a talent show, networking event or anything related to your child's performing arts aspiration doesn't mean it's a scam. Or did you think your child is so exceptional that someone famous is going to "discover" them? And even if they are "discovered" do you think that it is not going to cost you any money? Do you expect your child to attain success in acting, singing, dancing, modeling, sports etc... without any cost to you? Please don't be so naive and delusional. These people never promised that your child would be on the Disney channel. I do have to say, it does seem they do prey on people with C.S.P Syndrome.
aussiemum

Adelaide, Australia

#414 Jul 12, 2011
thanks for your comments!
this company is now in Australia!!
Just done national radio advertising campaign. we went along to the "audition" in our state, exactly the same format as previously described by so many of you, short film showing Disney World etc full color brochure with no contact details, email Monday to see if you made the list.
I knew straight away it was suspicious but spoke to another mum who went for second meeting, was told Aussie agents would be at december event but couldn't or wouldn't say who, they were about to hand over $7000 but the talent scout.. going by the name of Leila, had no business card nor could she tell them where the head office for "THE" was.. even though she had a laptop with Internet connection sitting right next to her!! Fortunately they left, but I wonder if any other Aussies handed over there $$....
Shu

Perth, Australia

#415 Jul 20, 2011
I was at the audition last weekend with my girl. It took place in a fantsy hotel in Perth Australia. Something did not feel right, other mums expressed their feelings about it as well thinking it was a scam. They said the would call sunday between 11 and 12 and that we should email them. We did not email them and they called anyway but at 10 pm at night.... I guess they did not make enough money, they were probably calling back everybody.. I hope no one got scammed :(
Qldsucker

Australia

#416 Jul 25, 2011
I just attended Gold Coast audition two days ago with my son. I always regret making decisions on the spot and should have been alerted by the lack of time given to make a decision. However I allowed myself to be scammed and pressured in front of my 12 year old. At this time he does not know it is not going to happen, and his heart will be broken. These people need to be stopped and it appears they have been successful in scamming people for a few years and they just change their name and move on when the heat gets too much for them.

Is there any way I can get my money back? U have emailed but suspect I am not going to get a reply.
Kayla

Westport, CT

#417 Aug 10, 2011
They are in the New Jersey area right now. My mom called and got my twin sister and me an appointment. They said we have to go to the Hilton Hotel this Saturday. They said we have to dress perfessionally and bring 2 photos ... I've always wanted to be discovered as an actress, and glad this might be my big break. So, if they ask for money, should I tell my mom to decline? And if they don't ask for money, should we still go to the future events? This site was very helpful.(I'm 11, by the way.)
Belle

Singapore, Singapore

#418 Aug 22, 2011
"The Event' are here in Singapore!
Mary

Victoria, Canada

#419 Sep 18, 2011
Hey, I just responded to a 888-999-5730 number broadcast from Kiss fm Seattle. Thought it was a casting call. Was going to travel from Victoria, BC to Seattle WA. to go check it out. The date for that is Sept. 24, 2011 and it is at the Grand Westin in the ball room. Same deal, come 30 minutes early and dress to impress!! They are grifters!!! LOL
Really glad I did some research.
Sounds Fishy

Rochester, MN

#420 Sep 21, 2011
The scam has moved to Minneapolis/St. Paul - they are touting auditions this weekend. It seemed pretty fishy from the beginning and that I checked into it before driving an hour and a half and wasting the gas money.
G in Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

#421 Oct 17, 2011
Looks like they have gone international. They are not using the PMAA model and their new model "The Event" method looks like they found a way to legally take your money.

Parent beware!!! The money can be earned back but how to do fix your child's broken heart?
Mia

Alpharetta, GA

#422 Jan 1, 2012
too samart to get scamed wrote:
they advertised for twilight casting today in abilene and the first 100 callers to 888-999-6631 had a chance to audition to be in a twilight movie. I called and all they told me was that auditions were in dallas at the Sheraton hotel on 400 N Olive st. inside austin ballroom and i was to arrive 30 mins early on saturday Aug. 15 and bring one headshot and one full body picture. I hope everyone else who called was smart enough to do their reseach like i was!
Well we called and we have auditions this week for disney channel with a acting agency (:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alaska Airlines announces eight non-stop routes... Tue Suck Squeeze Bang... 1
I want to practice English Dec '17 Alo 1
News South County Politics: Legislative leadership, ... Dec '17 Jules 1
Loud boom at 8:45pm tonight near Mill Creek??? (Jan '09) Nov '17 Alex smith 8
News Snohomish boy beaten for poor report card (Jun '08) Oct '17 rider 16
Review: GEEKDEAL.COM (Jan '09) Oct '17 Sue VanKerschaever 25
Lost wallet 9/1/17 Sep '17 boysue 1

Everett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Everett Mortgages