Suits filed over GM speedometers

Mar 2, 2007 Full story: Seattle Times 29

“We think it makes sense to prosecute GM in each state on behalf of that state's residents”

Kevin Zwicker knew something was wrong when the speedometer on his 2004 Chevy Suburban indicated he was going 10 mph, even though he was driving at or near the speed limit on Interstate 5. Zwicker's speedometer ... via Seattle Times

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
William Johnson

United States

#1 Apr 10, 2007
I have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado and the speedometer reads 10-25 MPH even when going with the traffic flow well over 60MPH. Sometimes it reads 110 MPH so it's difficult to know the speed and I only have 61K on the vehicle and %%K when the problem started. I just had a $34 assessment after which Chevrolet informed me it was going to cost $397 for the "instrument cluster". I deferred until I could do some online research. Chvrolet has to be held much more accountable for these faulty speedometers. Thank you.
Sincerely Bill Johnson
Robert

Mexico, Mexico

#2 Apr 13, 2007
Is this a class action suit that I can join?

Since: Apr 07

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2007
Mine went out about 29k after the 3yr mark (Suburban '03). The oil pressure gauge was off too. With my extended warranty, I had to pay $100.
rod

Winona, MN

#4 May 18, 2007
HEY, GREAT NEWS, FOUND THIS GUY ON EBAY, HIS EBAY NAME IS "mandigital" AND HE REPAIRED MY 04 TAHOE SPEEDOMETER AND SHIPPED IT BACK THE SAME DAY, HE REPALCED ALL THE STEPPER MOTORS AND BULBS FOR $148.00 AND A 5 YEAR WARRANTY,,,,ALOT BETTER WARRANTY THAN GM WILL GIVE YOU.... HE LIVES IN MINNESOTA... THIS IS ThE MAN TO DEAL WITH, ALSO HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS digitalguy_1@charter.net..., i gave up with GM, Foreign here i come...
Jessie

Copenhagen, Denmark

#5 May 22, 2007
That's indeed an expensive part to replace. This instrument cluster is very crucial specially for a person like me who spends most of the time traveling. I've replaced my cluster once. I forgot how much it caused cause It was a long time ago. I got my instrument cluster from an online shop, here it is, you might want to check it out.

gm truck parts
http://www.truckaccessorywholesale.com/specia...
Brian K

Fargo, ND

#7 Jun 15, 2007
I think we should all file a class action lawsuit again GM and get our money back and or
our instrument Cluster replaced FREE of charge !

this obviously is a promlem that have not addresses...
Brian Kaiser
kaisertail@yahoo.com
Brian K

Fargo, ND

#8 Jun 15, 2007
Sorry about the bad spelling....

Brian
Sandy Haywood

Salisbury, NC

#9 Jul 24, 2007
My son's 2003 Envoy's speedometer is not working and he has been stopped and got a ticket. We just found out that our extended warranty company has gone out of business as has the dealership where we purchased the vehicle. I am stuck with the cost of repairing this and with all the other folks we have seen with the same problem, feel like GM needs to make this right and fix it! Anyone else have any suggestions?
Sandy Haywood

Salisbury, NC

#10 Jul 24, 2007
rod wrote:
HEY, GREAT NEWS, FOUND THIS GUY ON EBAY, HIS EBAY NAME IS "mandigital" AND HE REPAIRED MY 04 TAHOE SPEEDOMETER AND SHIPPED IT BACK THE SAME DAY, HE REPALCED ALL THE STEPPER MOTORS AND BULBS FOR $148.00 AND A 5 YEAR WARRANTY,,,,ALOT BETTER WARRANTY THAN GM WILL GIVE YOU.... HE LIVES IN MINNESOTA... THIS IS ThE MAN TO DEAL WITH, ALSO HIS EMAIL ADDRESS IS digitalguy_1@charter.net..., i gave up with GM, Foreign here i come...
SO how did you get it put back on and taken off to begin with?? Did you have to pay for this as well? Can you do it yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge? Thanks
Safspir

Everett, WA

#11 Jul 30, 2007
Sandy Haywood wrote:
<quoted text> SO how did you get it put back on and taken off to begin with?? Did you have to pay for this as well? Can you do it yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge? Thanks
Just last night I ordered a new motherboard for my '93 Bravada. I've had it in and out with general instructions from ALLDATA and the supplier (same as mentioned in previous post) says he sends instructions also.
My cost $55 including shipping. I'll post the results when I get it installed and tested

“The past defines the future”

Since: Jul 07

Beijing, China

#12 Jul 31, 2007
Funny, but you know? I own two trucks, one from 1970, and another from 1980, and you know what? The speedometers operate just fine! Never had a problem with either of them.

Imagine that: Two trucks, one almost 40 years old, and the other almost 30 years old, and they run just fine!

And you people keep buying the modern crap that breaks just by looking at it!

Oh, and one other thing: BOTH of THEM get better mileage than most modern pieces of crap!

Your all fools!
Safspir

Everett, WA

#13 Jul 31, 2007
Sure, but that was before China adopted the one truck per family policy, in order to prevent the overpopulation of vehicles with beds. More beds leads to more you know what!

Beijing, China

#14 Jul 31, 2007
Safspir wrote:
Sure, but that was before China adopted the one truck per family policy, in order to prevent the overpopulation of vehicles with beds. More beds leads to more you know what!
Why, I had no idea that beds were the only purpose for –THAT–.
I'd always thought the 'you-know-what' could be done almost anywhere, anytime, for any reason, without a bed being available.
Are you sure it's not shoes that you're talking about?
Safspir

Everett, WA

#15 Jul 31, 2007
The law was meant for traditionalists. Didn't work well for long though. Darned kids nowadays, why they'll dance the HokeyPokey just about anywhars. I'll try it at the senior center when I get old enough.
Safspir

Everett, WA

#16 Aug 4, 2007
Update. The new motherboard arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning. All systems are up and running fine. This guy has really got himself a niche business with extremely reasonable rates. He even included return postage for the core MB.
BTW Confucius, I still get nostalgic for my '71 VW van and '71 Chev 3/4 ton. Should have never sold either.

Beijing, China

#17 Aug 4, 2007
Safspir wrote:
Update. The new motherboard arrived yesterday and I installed it this morning. All systems are up and running fine. This guy has really got himself a niche business with extremely reasonable rates. He even included return postage for the core MB.
BTW Confucius, I still get nostalgic for my '71 VW van and '71 Chev 3/4 ton. Should have never sold either.
So, what about the Father Board? Did you get that 'fixed?'
Safspir

Everett, WA

#18 Aug 4, 2007
No Father Board. This car's a bastard.

Beijing, China

#19 Aug 4, 2007
Safspir wrote:
No Father Board. This car's a bastard.
Soooo, it's a real 'Mother,' eh?
metoken

Woods Cross, UT

#20 Aug 6, 2007
Confucius also says "dont be an ass"
Master Confucius wrote:
Funny, but you know? I own two trucks, one from 1970, and another from 1980, and you know what? The speedometers operate just fine! Never had a problem with either of them.
Imagine that: Two trucks, one almost 40 years old, and the other almost 30 years old, and they run just fine!
And you people keep buying the modern crap that breaks just by looking at it!
Oh, and one other thing: BOTH of THEM get better mileage than most modern pieces of crap!
Your all fools!

Beijing, China

#21 Aug 6, 2007
metoken wrote:
Confucius also says "dont be an ass"
<quoted text>
Confucius say:

Person called 'metoken' has been toke'n!

Ahhh so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fellowship and faith: Shia Muslims work to brid... Nov 22 tom_ 1
Around the county Nov 16 Puget Lowland 1
Around the County Nov 4 citizen-pulls-ove... 1
Everett Garage Door Repair Oct 30 HaubrichLucas 1
Snohomish Garage Door Repair Oct 30 WendyGross 1
Suspected shooter is dead, police say; at least... Oct '14 They cannot kill ... 2
Report: At least 3 injured in WA high school sh... Oct '14 convenient or what 1

Flood Watch for Snohomish County was issued at November 25 at 4:06PM PST

Everett News Video

Everett Dating
Find my Match

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Everett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Everett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News