Wash. Cities Clamp Down On Bikini Baristas

Full story: WFMZ

Coffee shops in the Seattle area introduced the world to "bikini baristas" three years ago, hiring attractive young women to serve up steamy espressos and lattes while wearing as little as a G-string and pasties.
Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Aug 19, 2011
Uncle Fred

Hillsborough, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2010

Judged:

Lighten up
Sarah Lee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

I worked at a Grab n Go and something terrible happened to me IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS REEDING THIS AND HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) PLEASE COME FORWARD. THIS HAPPENED TO ME OVER 2 YEARS AGO AND I AM TOO AFRAID TO PRESS CHARGES ON MY OWN. I have found 4 other girls that this has happened to but they refuse to come forward until there is a large enough group to stand a chance in court without evidence on old claims/accusations. AGAIN PLEASE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME ONLY REGUARDING GRAB AND GO ESPRESSO/BILL WHEELER. MAKE SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE
leah H

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

I dont like them and think they might have some potential ... maybe. I know its a bit mean but I dont like them I mean I really dont like them
tired of the show

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2010

Judged:

They are just hookers with day jobs. How do the owners get around sex discrimination laws,lewd behavior, and public nudity issues. Have an undercover cop swing by for a cup of "joe" or should I say "john!" and see what's really on the menu.
MerleP1963

Coleman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

It's just a cup of coffee with a view. Anyone can take it to an extreme in EITHER direction. Perverts will be perverts and prudes will be prudes...I think it's about time people should learn to balance their feelings.
Free enterprize

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

This is so stupid! At a time when "sin taxes" are so freakin popular in Olympia why doesn't governor G just add a dollar a pack, uh, I mean bottle, no wait, coffee comes in a cup, yea, that's it, add a dollar, no wait,better make that two dollars tax, to a cup of bikini coffee.
ninja

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Judged:

boy this story really turned my stomach!! how unsanitary where food and drink are sold to have this happening. did the board of health get involved? its really disgusting and unhealthy no one wants to get food posioning or sick from this.

why dont these skanks just go get jobs in some sleazy scummy strip bar?? where prostitution, diseases, drugs and lowlives are the norm and they can be more in their element, talk about ruining a cup of coffee! really sick and sad this happened.
ninja

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Sarah Lee wrote:
I worked at a Grab n Go and something terrible happened to me IF ANYONE OUT THERE IS REEDING THIS AND HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT) PLEASE COME FORWARD. THIS HAPPENED TO ME OVER 2 YEARS AGO AND I AM TOO AFRAID TO PRESS CHARGES ON MY OWN. I have found 4 other girls that this has happened to but they refuse to come forward until there is a large enough group to stand a chance in court without evidence on old claims/accusations. AGAIN PLEASE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME ONLY REGUARDING GRAB AND GO ESPRESSO/BILL WHEELER. MAKE SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE
PLEASEEEEEE you are serious about filing a lawsuit?? it was these womens choice to do this no one forced them when they found out what was going on they had the choice to walk out the door no one locked them in and held them hostage it was thier own free will and should not get money for it. glad they closed it down.
Sarah Lee

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2010

ninja wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASEEEEEE you are serious about filing a lawsuit?? it was these womens choice to do this no one forced them when they found out what was going on they had the choice to walk out the door no one locked them in and held them hostage it was thier own free will and should not get money for it. glad they closed it down.
Ninja... I understand these girls are skanks, Im not argueing with that... Im not referring to just working there, I worked in a stand for all of 2 days, and the owner, who has since disappeared...(wonder why)... took advantage of me, I wasn't at a stand, I was under the impression I was being taken to fill out paperwork, and only had a bikini on. I was threatened, and I was scared for my life.I ended up moving and changing my phone numbers within two days I was so scared..I have met other girls that this happened to, and I didn't feel right for still letting it happen to other girls...I've long since changed my mind about pressing charges, what happened, happened. I would be too disgusted to ever face him again anyways. I just don't trust people anymore, not worth it. My mistake. But thanks for just assuming I was some skank who "deserved" it. People like you are the reason people like me are afraid to report rape..... way to go
justlearning

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Well, that is so, so unsanitary. Girls leaving their bottoms exposed, and mostly other parts, strutting around in an espresso stand, and no doubt, they've had brazilions, which are known to occasionally break the skin. Sounds like a disease waiting to be spread. No one should be able to serve the public food with their bottoms exposed.
Stewie

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Let us guys alone. We enjoy the view.
Typical

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Threads like this and stories like this give people with nothing going on in their life to complain about something that has no effect on their lives. If you don't like it, don't got the Fu ck in the building!!! Bunch of whining losers.
Tired of the show

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

ninja wrote:
boy this story really turned my stomach!! how unsanitary where food and drink are sold to have this happening. did the board of health get involved? its really disgusting and unhealthy no one wants to get food posioning or sick from this.
why dont these skanks just go get jobs in some sleazy scummy strip bar?? where prostitution, diseases, drugs and lowlives are the norm and they can be more in their element, talk about ruining a cup of coffee! really sick and sad this happened.
I don't even want to think where their hands have been--uggghhhh!
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

the hypocracy of librals is amazing...Trying to crush the American dream. Perhaps Starbucks has their hands in this...
Sarah Lee

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

Judged:

ninja wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked at Grab and Go for one day a few years ago when Bill Wheeler still owned it. I admit it was a bad choice, but I never imagined I would get raped by the owner. He picked me up told me we were going to fill out paperwork and took me to his house in a neighborhood over 10 miles away I wasnt familiar with. All I was wearing was a bikini, I had no phone, no nothing. He brought me in through the garage, showed me his gun safe and dragged me to the bedroom. GO F YOURSELF for saying that could be my fault or that no body "held me hostage". I have found now over 6 girls that this has happened to but are TERRIFIED to tell anyone. I dont blame them, Bill Wheeler is an intimidating guy...Im not suprised at all that he went missing last year, clearly he messed with the wrong person and got what he had coming to him. People like you, saying it's these girls own faults are the reason thousands of women live with knowing they've been raped and never say anything. FYI they didnt get closed down, his ex wife runs them. If your gonna call people out pay attention, and know what ur talkin about. I sincerely hope some fat nasty cigarette smelling old man like Bill has his way with you.~ XOXO Sarah Lee
Tired of the show

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2011

This is exactly why these places shouldn't operate. They promote sex and violence. If I wanted to be a barista, I wouldn't apply at a "bikini Espresso hut" for a job and expect to be treated like a normal working citizen. You are subjecting yourselves to probable bad situations--by the owner, and the patrons, even the other girls. I cannot believe all you show is your cleavage through the tiny window. There must be more going on--$20 for this--$50 for that! I am only making an educated guess though. It would be easy enough for an undercover police officer to go through the line and check out what is on the "menu". So far I haven't heard of any "sting" operations, I guess The police departments have other things to do?

Anyway, NO one deserves to be sexually assaulted no matter what their occupation is. 1 in every 3 woman (or less) are assaulted but working in environments that breed drugs, sex services/voyeurism, alcohol, coffee--:) lol! and varying degrees of undress spells trouble. You should file a report and so should anyone else who has been raped. That is horrible! No one should get away with rape.
Stewie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Interesting how when I go to Hooters or one of the summer car wash fund raisers as a patron, that I don't have a desire to go out and rape.

Gonna do away with the "body clinics", too?
What a bunch of crap

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Your full of crap he didn't even have a gun safe you f=n tard. He couldn't even get his junk hard anymore he was going in for surgery and had testicular cancer. This is a load of horse Sh-t. The only thing his estranged wife ran is all his stands and business's to the ground. The only one doing anything is his son, who is the owner of any and all exhisting grab n go espresso and bikini huts. Which you should all stop by and check it out before passing judgement. With a cloting line, reality tv show, commercial's, and more lined up and at stake I seriously doubt it is what you jack wods on here are making it out to be. Do your f=n research first. As for the girl crying rape I hope you rought in hell and I serious doubt a lying little skank is going to get any headway. Good luck with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Everett Discussions

Search the Everett Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Snohomish boy beaten for poor report card (Jun '08) Fri Gidget 10
How to navigate a roundabout Snohomish's rounda... Jul 23 ScottRAB 1
Air France, Lufthansa suspend flights to Tel Aviv Jul 23 Alon 2
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Jul 22 EasyEed 710
Seeking Foreign Brides (Nov '06) Jul 19 Terrence 50
Review: GEEKDEAL.COM (Jan '09) Jul 16 Vazgen 14
Review: Sound Air Solutions (Jan '11) Jul 2 Tired of Scammers 40
•••
•••

Everett News Video

•••
•••

Everett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••