Rug Doctor

Brookline, MA

#61 Mar 27, 2012
racist wrote:
<quoted text>Does this mean that when they come I can pull a racist attitude? I have an olive complexion, and hope that qualifies me as being profiled, instead of safe from fire hazards.
They are only looking for guys who look like this.
http://buttondown.mattalgren.com/wp-content/u...
Everett

Medford, MA

#62 Mar 27, 2012
Rug Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>They are only looking for guys who look like this.
http://buttondown.mattalgren.com/wp-content/u...
This is what the majority of Everett residents will look like in 5 years. Get out before it's too late!
punks

Skillman, NJ

#63 Mar 27, 2012
Run run run run...get out fast...run run run.

Bunch of cowards...Keep running till there is no place to run.
Rug Doctor

Brookline, MA

#64 Mar 27, 2012
punks wrote:
Run run run run...get out fast...run run run.
Bunch of cowards...Keep running till there is no place to run.
Who's running? But remember you can't defend yourself because you need to call the police 'round here.
02148tornado

Malden, MA

#65 Mar 27, 2012
punks wrote:
Run run run run...get out fast...run run run.
Bunch of cowards...Keep running till there is no place to run.
Bitter about not selling when you should have?
badges

Malden, MA

#66 Mar 28, 2012
Rug Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>They are only looking for guys who look like this.
http://buttondown.mattalgren.com/wp-content/u...
We don't need no stinkin badges
RESIDENT

Melrose, MA

#67 Apr 2, 2012
I will remeber when all city elections come around. We are Americans and have a right to be free from searches etc.Start calling your rep and let them know how you feel. This is not how America is supposed to be!
Punks

Skillman, NJ

#68 Apr 2, 2012
Rug Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>Who's running? But remember you can't defend yourself because you need to call the police 'round here.
Who can't defend themself? Im not scare of anyone on here.

I dont'n call cops.

Just keep running to the next town.
Interesting

Boston, MA

#69 Apr 2, 2012
RESIDENT wrote:
I will remeber when all city elections come around. We are Americans and have a right to be free from searches etc.Start calling your rep and let them know how you feel. This is not how America is supposed to be!
I read the letter the Mayor sent with the tax bill regarding these fire inspections and him stating how effective they are. My objection: The letter said that if you don't respond to the notice that they want to come in to inspect, you will be fined $1000. If you respond that you don't want them to come in, they will go to Malden Court and get a WARRENT!! If they are randomly selecting houses to "inspect", then there is absolutely no basis for a warrent and I would hope the court would concur. I think that's a bluff unless there is a BLATANT RED FLAG visible from the exterior of the house. After reading the Mayor's letter, I'm starting to feel like we live in some sort of facist community where we are losing our rights. If I get the notice, there is no sign from the exterior of my house that it could be a fire hazard and I will definitely respond "Thanks but no thanks!!"
You re my hero

United States

#70 Apr 2, 2012
Punks wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can't defend themself? Im not scare of anyone on here.
I dont'n call cops.
Just keep running to the next town.
Wow
You want to only allow second amendment rights to cops in one thread,
but in this one you are going to chase people to the next tow.

You're my hero
Rug Doctor

Brookline, MA

#71 Apr 2, 2012
Punks wrote:
<quoted text>
Who can't defend themself? Im not scare of anyone on here.
I dont'n call cops.
Just keep running to the next town.
I guess you missed what I was alluding to. Here it is in a simple version. In Massachusetts it is against the law to defend yourself, think Swampscott and Anthony McKay. If you defend yourself against anybody be prepared for the consequences that follow. In this nanny state of nanny states you must call the cops for everything.
wasting your words

United States

#72 Apr 2, 2012
Rug Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you missed what I was alluding to. Here it is in a simple version. In Massachusetts it is against the law to defend yourself, think Swampscott and Anthony McKay. If you defend yourself against anybody be prepared for the consequences that follow. In this nanny state of nanny states you must call the cops for everything.
She believes all the Lieberal BS,

if she ever does have to defend her family, she will wish she did it in a more conservative state,
that believes in property rights
over a junkie's right to steal without reprisal.

Or a 17 year old from the hood's right to stake out property in a private development.
is this a joke

Medford, MA

#73 Apr 2, 2012
top cat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have nothing to hide then you should welcome it. Too bad it's not a surprise inspection. Thes inspections just may save someone's life.
I have nothing to hide but I can't be for this. What happens if a person just buys a house post inspection and decides to make it a haven for illegals thus evading the inspections for this year. Will there be yearly inspections? Is the city going to have access to my house at will at any given moment because it can. Annoying an entire city is NOT the proper way to check for illegal dwellings. I can't believe this ass backwards thinking. Who the heck would ever want to buy a house in this city. Total invasion of privacy.
fools

Everett, MA

#74 Apr 3, 2012
PEABODY - A veteran city firefighter and married father of three young children died yesterday while battling a three-alarm fire, the tragic death coming just two weeks after a Worcester firefighter was killed in a building collapse.

Shortly after the early afternoon blaze broke out on the second floor of the Hancock Street apartments, James Rice became trapped amid the intensifying flames and collapsed, authorities and witnesses said.

Crews pulled the 46-year-old from the building and desperately tried to revive him. He was rushed to North Shore Medical Center in Salem, where he was pronounced dead.

“He did take some toxic fumes,’’ said Steven Pasdon, Peabody’s fire chief,“and he did succumb.’’

It was not clear whether Rice had exhausted his air supply when he fell.

A witness, Michael Barreira, said he overheard firefighters alerting one another that Rice was trapped inside.

“It was just a big ball of smoke and fire,’’ said Barreira, a 24-year-old who works across the street from the apartments.

The firefighters rushed Rice out of the building, pulled off his gear, and began pushing down on his chest to administer CPR, he said.

Investigators said they had not determined how the fire started. The residents of the six-unit building, which was gutted in the blaze, escaped without serious injury. About a dozen people were displaced by the fire, according to tenants.

Firefighters were able to control the blaze within 90 minutes.

Last night, Annelly Guerrido, 34, stood in front of the police tape near the building, crying as her sister-in-law and niece comforted her. Guerrido said fire officials, who had just spoken to her, told her it was an electrical fire.

She had just been released from a Salem hospital for smoke inhalation treatment. She said an outlet in her bedroom blew a fuse and sparked a flame that set her quilt on fire.

“I went to put it [the fuse] on and the outlet was close to my bed,’’ she said.“I went back and forth to turn it on and then my son, all of a sudden, I was in his room because the fuse box is in my son’s room, and then he’s like,‘Mom! Mom!,’ and I went to my bedroom and that’s where I saw the fire. I tried to put it out but I couldn’t.’’

Guerrido said she told her son, Hector Galarza, 15, to grab the dog, knock on apartment doors on the bottom floor, and leave the building. She went to apartments on the third floor and was able to get everyone out.

Guerrido said she had heard what happened to Rice and broke into tears as her sister-in-law and niece told her it was not her fault.
i know

Everett, MA

#75 Apr 3, 2012
fools wrote:
PEABODY - A veteran city firefighter and married father of three young children died yesterday while battling a three-alarm fire, the tragic death coming just two weeks after a Worcester firefighter was killed in a building collapse.
Shortly after the early afternoon blaze broke out on the second floor of the Hancock Street apartments, James Rice became trapped amid the intensifying flames and collapsed, authorities and witnesses said.
Crews pulled the 46-year-old from the building and desperately tried to revive him. He was rushed to North Shore Medical Center in Salem, where he was pronounced dead.
“He did take some toxic fumes,’’ said Steven Pasdon, Peabody’s fire chief,“and he did succumb.’’
It was not clear whether Rice had exhausted his air supply when he fell.
A witness, Michael Barreira, said he overheard firefighters alerting one another that Rice was trapped inside.
“It was just a big ball of smoke and fire,’’ said Barreira, a 24-year-old who works across the street from the apartments.
The firefighters rushed Rice out of the building, pulled off his gear, and began pushing down on his chest to administer CPR, he said.
Investigators said they had not determined how the fire started. The residents of the six-unit building, which was gutted in the blaze, escaped without serious injury. About a dozen people were displaced by the fire, according to tenants.
Firefighters were able to control the blaze within 90 minutes.
Last night, Annelly Guerrido, 34, stood in front of the police tape near the building, crying as her sister-in-law and niece comforted her. Guerrido said fire officials, who had just spoken to her, told her it was an electrical fire.
She had just been released from a Salem hospital for smoke inhalation treatment. She said an outlet in her bedroom blew a fuse and sparked a flame that set her quilt on fire.
“I went to put it [the fuse] on and the outlet was close to my bed,’’ she said.“I went back and forth to turn it on and then my son, all of a sudden, I was in his room because the fuse box is in my son’s room, and then he’s like,‘Mom! Mom!,’ and I went to my bedroom and that’s where I saw the fire. I tried to put it out but I couldn’t.’’
Guerrido said she told her son, Hector Galarza, 15, to grab the dog, knock on apartment doors on the bottom floor, and leave the building. She went to apartments on the third floor and was able to get everyone out.
Guerrido said she had heard what happened to Rice and broke into tears as her sister-in-law and niece told her it was not her fault.
It's a very sad situation and understand we want to prevent this from happening again. The problem is the law. You cant ignore the law. They do not have the right to enter your home with out a warrant and BY LAW can not fine you $1000.00 dollars like the mayor stated. He should check facts before he opens his mouth.

Hey I welcome it for everyone's safety. Just like those people got off on the Mattapan Massacre over law. It's the law that needs to be changed. Our legislators should be doing something about it not the Gestapo's around here who blatantly ignore the law. Any fine can be challenged in court and the homeowner will win all at the cost of the taxpayers. It's a good idea to do this just should have been handled better by the City of Everett.
mouthpiece

Brookline, MA

#76 Apr 3, 2012
In order for a judge to issue a search warrant for your home their has to be probable cause which means that their has to be a preponderance of the evidence that you are doing something illegal. Not letting the Fire Inspectors enter your home is not sufficient proof that something illegal is going on in your home. The inspectors are also not building inspectors they should not be telling you to remove toilets, walls or whatever.
Interesting but

Boston, MA

#77 Apr 3, 2012
fools wrote:
PEABODY - A veteran city firefighter and married father of three young children died yesterday while battling a three-alarm fire, the tragic death coming just two weeks after a Worcester firefighter was killed in a building collapse.
Shortly after the early afternoon blaze broke out on the second floor of the Hancock Street apartments, James Rice became trapped amid the intensifying flames and collapsed, authorities and witnesses said.
Crews pulled the 46-year-old from the building and desperately tried to revive him. He was rushed to North Shore Medical Center in Salem, where he was pronounced dead.
“He did take some toxic fumes,’’ said Steven Pasdon, Peabody’s fire chief,“and he did succumb.’’
It was not clear whether Rice had exhausted his air supply when he fell.
A witness, Michael Barreira, said he overheard firefighters alerting one another that Rice was trapped inside.
“It was just a big ball of smoke and fire,’’ said Barreira, a 24-year-old who works across the street from the apartments.
The firefighters rushed Rice out of the building, pulled off his gear, and began pushing down on his chest to administer CPR, he said.
Investigators said they had not determined how the fire started. The residents of the six-unit building, which was gutted in the blaze, escaped without serious injury. About a dozen people were displaced by the fire, according to tenants.
Firefighters were able to control the blaze within 90 minutes.
Last night, Annelly Guerrido, 34, stood in front of the police tape near the building, crying as her sister-in-law and niece comforted her. Guerrido said fire officials, who had just spoken to her, told her it was an electrical fire.
She had just been released from a Salem hospital for smoke inhalation treatment. She said an outlet in her bedroom blew a fuse and sparked a flame that set her quilt on fire.
“I went to put it [the fuse] on and the outlet was close to my bed,’’ she said.“I went back and forth to turn it on and then my son, all of a sudden, I was in his room because the fuse box is in my son’s room, and then he’s like,‘Mom! Mom!,’ and I went to my bedroom and that’s where I saw the fire. I tried to put it out but I couldn’t.’’
Guerrido said she told her son, Hector Galarza, 15, to grab the dog, knock on apartment doors on the bottom floor, and leave the building. She went to apartments on the third floor and was able to get everyone out.
Guerrido said she had heard what happened to Rice and broke into tears as her sister-in-law and niece told her it was not her fault.
Posting this sad story is completely missing the point. Our rights are being threatened and violated by the city's administration. I have absolutely nothing to hide but also do not want fire inspectors coming into my home AND THAT IS MY RIGHT.

The above is a very sad story but who the heck still has a "fuse box"?? Was this house renting out to Section 8? Probably. If that's the case, then the "government" has the legal right to inspect the premises and apparently, even though it was more than likely inspected, this outdated fuse box was missed.
Punks

Skillman, NJ

#78 Apr 3, 2012
You re my hero wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow
You want to only allow second amendment rights to cops in one thread,
but in this one you are going to chase people to the next tow.
You're my hero
Im not chasing no one. Im just sick and tired of people saying "Im moving out" "get out fast" "I cant wait to move out", you know what i say "keep running". BTW stop making up stories, i never said to take away second amendment but i know you have to lie to make your point. It's ok im not mad.
I guess Im a runner

United States

#79 Apr 3, 2012
Punks wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not chasing no one. Im just sick and tired of people saying "Im moving out" "get out fast" "I cant wait to move out", you know what i say "keep running".
I've lived 42 of my 45 years here in Everett.
Born at the Whidden,
did 12 years in Everett Public Schools,
bought my first house here,
had my first child while living here.

But now,
I am leaving.

This isn't the same place I was raised in.

Everett in 2012 is worse than Chelsea was in the 80's 90's.
Hell, Beruit was better in the 1980's than Everett is today.

Last one out of the cesspool, remember to flush on your way out the door.
Everett Citizen

Medford, MA

#80 Apr 3, 2012
I'm in my mid-50s and lived in Everett my entire life (also born at the Whidden). Went to Everett High, inherited my parent's house, got married and raised and educated my children here. I thought I would die in Everett but I'm not going to because I just bought a house north of here. It will be the first time I've ever moved. It's half the taxes and a very safe and wonderful community. Very sad what this city has turned into. Too bad all the decent people are moving out and all the degenerates are moving in. Good luck to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everett football players being short changed (Sep '16) 2 hr Mister Clean 67
Funky monkey 22 hr Derek 1
Patriotskateboards (Mar '17) Sun Resident 4
FFF-Everett's Biggest Hypocrite (Jun '15) Sun EVE1718 108
FFF what are u teaching kids at the High Schools (May '15) Sun EVE1718 51
News Boston University Professor Calls 'Jingle Bells... Sun Fucisil 2
News Wife of Everett mayor decries allegations (Aug '14) Dec 15 BetweenTheSheets 29

Everett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Everett Mortgages