shooting at 241 main st
Too close for comfort

Malden, MA

#63 Nov 27, 2012
resident wrote:
I live very close to where this happened there were two news stations here. Out taking film and on the scene for about 1 hour. It happened between 8:30 and 9:00 and I have still seen nothing on the news..........why are all the shootings in Everett never reported on?
I saw it on 7news this morning.
Concerned

Everett, MA

#64 Nov 27, 2012
One more thought: use the Everett Police "Text a Tip" function - flood them with anything you see that seems out of order. Text EVERETT and your tip to 847411.
That Guy

Malden, MA

#65 Nov 27, 2012
I live right next to there too, and it looked like a movie scene outside my house last night! I had no clue what was going on, and when I tried to ask the troopers what they were doing in my driveway, guess who they say they will arrest?! They just scream at me to "get the f inside"(no explanation), I've crossed police tape!! They even said they will shoot my dog!! What ever happened to the day when the police were on our side? They only made me even more nervous!! Yes, then I try to see whats going on on tv, and it turns out this thread seems like Everetts only source of news!! I'm disgusted!!
Hello

Medford, MA

#66 Nov 27, 2012
If the police are searching for suspects, doesn't that imply that they have a description? Why is the description not being released to the public.
Too close for comfort

Malden, MA

#67 Nov 28, 2012
nothingtobeconfu sedabout

Everett, MA

#68 Nov 30, 2012
Still haven't heard any update does anyone know whatever happened to the kid that got shot?Did they find the shooter?
Rug Doctor

Boston, MA

#69 Nov 30, 2012
nothingtobeconfusedabout wrote:
Still haven't heard any update does anyone know whatever happened to the kid that got shot?Did they find the shooter?
If you haven't heard anything it means they are still at large. If they caught them there would be press conferences. I was told this was not a random crime.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#70 Nov 30, 2012
I'm going to weight in that this was not a random crime .... However, it was just luck that an innocent individual was not shot, bullets do not discriminate who they are intended for. If the victim was from El Salvador, the MS 13 gang is very active there and these immigrants are going to bring that culture with them. Of course, right now everything is 'allegedly'... Yes there are gangs in Everett -- however, there are gangs in most urban and suburban communities (Boston area). Public transportation is a huge draw from the inner city to outlying suburbs.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#71 Nov 30, 2012
Well since the Brazilians have left the landlords are desperate to rent out to anyone in Everett to cover their mortgage payments, and many of the new arrivals to Everett are Central Americans who tend to bring their own to live with them, and many of them are gang members.

This is the NEW NORMAL in Everett !!
new to you maybe

Malden, MA

#72 Dec 1, 2012
No hope in Everett wrote:
Well since the Brazilians have left the landlords are desperate to rent out to anyone in Everett to cover their mortgage payments, and many of the new arrivals to Everett are Central Americans who tend to bring their own to live with them, and many of them are gang members.
This is the NEW NORMAL in Everett !!
You are misinformed.

The Brazilians have not left Everett. Any who spends a half a day in Everett can plainly see they are still here.

El Salvadorans and Guatemalans have been in Everett a long time. They are not "new" arrivals or the "new" normal. The majority of them are quiet hard working people who mind their own business and respect their neighbors. Of course every ethnic group has some bad apples, including Brazilians.
redeye

Medford, MA

#73 Dec 1, 2012
just as many problem from people that were born here !
Gib

Malden, MA

#74 Dec 1, 2012
Illegal aliens bringing their 3rd world culture wih them is a major problem.
Mass Resident

Milford, MA

#75 Dec 1, 2012
For those who would like to educate themselves: The MS-13 gang didn't originate in Central America. You have Los Angeles, California to thank for that particular organization. And they are not just a problem in Everett; the "problem" is an international one and gangs such as MS-13 have migrated not only to Central America but to Europe as well.

Since: Oct 08

Everett ,MA

#76 Dec 1, 2012
new to you maybe wrote:
<quoted text>You are misinformed.

The Brazilians have not left Everett. Any who spends a half a day in Everett can plainly see they are still here.

El Salvadorans and Guatemalans have been in Everett a long time. They are not "new" arrivals or the "new" normal. The majority of them are quiet hard working people who mind their own business and respect their neighbors. Of course every ethnic group has some bad apples, including Brazilians.
whew finally some one normal on this for. Will say tho. I see more ignorant people now in Everett. I'm not talking about just blacks but whites and Latino too. And their now all bad. Just the ignorant ones form those races.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#77 Dec 2, 2012
The MS 13 gangs started in LA by El Salvadorian or Central Americans and not by Americans who live there.

Yes there are still a lot of Brazilians in Everett, but not as much as before, a lot of them has left the US due to the economy, there are a lot of businesses that cater to the Brazilian community here, perhaps that is why you see a lot of Brazilians here.

There are bad apples everywhere I do agree, much of the crime in Everett is commited by Americans, but regarding the MS 13 gangs they are a Central American problem, and most likley from El Salvador. Go to youtube and imput ms13, mara salvatruccia and you will find them in El Salvador.

These gangs are where Central Americans live such as Chelsea, Somerville, East Boston and now Everett. Even the Colombians hate the Central Americans because of this.

Yes this is the NEW NORMAL because they are buying properties here and brining their own baggage.

Deal with it.
new to you maybe

Malden, MA

#78 Dec 2, 2012
No hope in Everett wrote:
The MS 13 gangs started in LA by El Salvadorian or Central Americans and not by Americans who live there.
Yes there are still a lot of Brazilians in Everett, but not as much as before, a lot of them has left the US due to the economy, there are a lot of businesses that cater to the Brazilian community here, perhaps that is why you see a lot of Brazilians here.
There are bad apples everywhere I do agree, much of the crime in Everett is commited by Americans, but regarding the MS 13 gangs they are a Central American problem, and most likley from El Salvador. Go to youtube and imput ms13, mara salvatruccia and you will find them in El Salvador.
These gangs are where Central Americans live such as Chelsea, Somerville, East Boston and now Everett. Even the Colombians hate the Central Americans because of this.
Yes this is the NEW NORMAL because they are buying properties here and brining their own baggage.
Deal with it.
I have no idea how long you have been in Everett or if you are even in Everett. But you keep using the word "new" to refer to the presence of central americans in Everett. Maybe you are not aware of the fact that there has been a significant population of El Salvadorans and Guatemalens as far back as the McCarthy administration. Do you know when that was? You seem to think life in Everett begins and ends with the Brazilians. Also in case you didn't know, Brazilians have gangs too. Crime in the major cities in Brazil make what goes on here look like peaceful coexistence.
UR Clueless

Medford, MA

#79 Dec 2, 2012
new to you maybe wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea how long you have been in Everett or if you are even in Everett. But you keep using the word "new" to refer to the presence of central americans in Everett. Maybe you are not aware of the fact that there has been a significant population of El Salvadorans and Guatemalens as far back as the McCarthy administration. Do you know when that was? You seem to think life in Everett begins and ends with the Brazilians. Also in case you didn't know, Brazilians have gangs too. Crime in the major cities in Brazil make what goes on here look like peaceful coexistence.
Been here for T 50 years, you seem to do nothing but defend the new influx of third world flotsam and jestum that has washed up on our shores the last 20 years or so........ON OUR DIME as opposed to LEGAL immigration influx of the past who needed SPONSORS and were given NO taxpayer funded "freebies".

And yes I realize that we have just as many home grown useless eaters feeding off the teat of the state, they should all be sent to Dickensian PoorHouses, their useless spawn returned to orphanages and the feeble minded back to the asylums.

How ya like dem apples?
unknown

Malden, MA

#80 Dec 2, 2012
Ah what a clever tatic, pin the poor against the middle class, legals vs illegals, immigrants vs americans, white americans vs black americans, ect ect ect
Look at people as individuals not groups....
Why not fight the ROOT of crime? Drug laws and poverty?
Good points

United States

#81 Dec 2, 2012
I agree with the previous comment. Well-said. Is there a progressive base in Everett that I don't know about?
PieInThe Sky

Medford, MA

#82 Dec 2, 2012
unknown wrote:
Ah what a clever tatic, pin the poor against the middle class, legals vs illegals, immigrants vs americans, white americans vs black americans, ect ect ect
Look at people as individuals not groups....
Why not fight the ROOT of crime? Drug laws and poverty?
Never happen, Never will.

Might makes right.

"The poor will always be among us"....

Just keep them in another hemisphere please .

Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Police will pocket millions from the Call... (Jan '14) 9 hr No limit 111
Poll Should the Everett Auxiliary Police Disban..? (Oct '10) 19 hr Hawk 23
FFF-Everett's Biggest Hypocrite Sun George Patton 7
Street Sign In Everett Sun Sharp Cheddar 2
Hypodermic Needle Sun EverettCitizen 8
Is the city going to be doing ticketing and tow... Jul 2 Artie Johnson 2
Navarra as DPW Chief?? (Dec '14) Jul 2 Gaga 29
More from around the web

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE