when do they vote in the new tax rate?

Posted in the Everett Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
wondering

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 3, 2012
 
Anyone know if they finalized the new tax rate yet?
Mark

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 4, 2012
 
last night it's up up up, gotta give mclaughin credit but it didn't work

resd, up 200.00 bucks

commercial is down
Correction

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 4, 2012
 
Mark wrote:
last night it's up up up, gotta give mclaughin credit but it didn't work
resd, up 200.00 bucks
commercial is down
Commercial up approx $2/1000
wondering

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 4, 2012
 
Up $200?
Mark

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

residential is up 200.00 dollars mclaughin made a stink about it and was trying to help they shot him down the idiots we have on the c.c.

commercial went down but didn't catch the amount
wondering

Torrington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 4, 2012
 
So its up $200 per $100k?

I'm guessing that would raise the average bill $400-600 depending what they do to home values.
Wouldn't surprise me if the raised our home values/assessments too.

Thanks
SUCKER PUNCHED

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 4, 2012
 
wondering wrote:
So its up $200 per $100k?
I'm guessing that would raise the average bill $400-600 depending what they do to home values.
Wouldn't surprise me if the raised our home values/assessments too.
Thanks
ofcourse u think they care about that there gonna bleed the people until theres no more to bleed sooner or later it all comes to an end
Not quite right

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 4, 2012
 
wondering wrote:
So its up $200 per $100k?
I'm guessing that would raise the average bill $400-600 depending what they do to home values.
Wouldn't surprise me if the raised our home values/assessments too.
Thanks
Residential went up 12 cents per $1,000 while commercial went from $41.66 to 43 and change, almost $2.00 per thousand.
Truly

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 4, 2012
 
Not quite right wrote:
<quoted text>
Residential went up 12 cents per $1,000 while commercial went from $41.66 to 43 and change, almost $2.00 per thousand.
Why does it go up every damn year, christ can't catch a freakin break!
Everett Taxpayer

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Truly wrote:
<quoted text>Why does it go up every damn year, christ can't catch a freakin break!
At least we have a nice fountain to show for it.
Matt

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 8, 2012
 
oh you mean the space ship in the winter time, wonder how much that tarp cost us taxpayers
holiday tree

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 11, 2012
 
vote for me and i'll cut all taxes 25%.
holiday tree

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 11, 2012
 
tax rates going up makes sense actually because the federal reserve is printing money, making it worth less.

the hike is fair and normal believe it or not. Everett does it the right way and by the book so one can not accuse them of being incompetent or greedy. it's just neither good nor evil. it's just ...right.

now only if everyone's earnings would increase at the same rate then it's quite ok. our salaries won't increase and that's the distinction between losers and winners.

winners: town governments, loser: us score: 1:0
what the

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 11, 2012
 
holiday tree wrote:
tax rates going up makes sense actually because the federal reserve is printing money, making it worth less.
the hike is fair and normal believe it or not. Everett does it the right way and by the book so one can not accuse them of being incompetent or greedy. it's just neither good nor evil. it's just ...right.
now only if everyone's earnings would increase at the same rate then it's quite ok. our salaries won't increase and that's the distinction between losers and winners.
winners: town governments, loser: us score: 1:0
First you say that the tax hike is fair and then you say we are the losers.Which is it?By the way, they are incompetent and greedy.
holiday tree

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 11, 2012
 
i don't think it's all about them being incompetent and greedy. the blame is also on the people for demanding "services".

people are mostly useless so they need the town for services and the city probably think they're providing services so they stick to their tax hikes.

there're probaly a lot of "why isn't this get done?" "when are they going to do this?". they're demands and probably come from a small group of people and the city is happy to oblidge.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 11, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Way too much excess spending going on !!!
Fountain

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 12, 2012
 
Everett Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we have a nice fountain to show for it.
That fountain is tacky and a waste of money for upkeep!
Are you alright

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 12, 2012
 
holiday tree wrote:
i don't think it's all about them being incompetent and greedy. the blame is also on the people for demanding "services".
people are mostly useless so they need the town for services and the city probably think they're providing services so they stick to their tax hikes.
there're probaly a lot of "why isn't this get done?" "when are they going to do this?". they're demands and probably come from a small group of people and the city is happy to oblidge.
My guess is that you are under 16 or just trying to stir the pot. Firstly who are you to say people are useless?What services do people demand?
Gabby

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 12, 2012
 
Everett Resident wrote:
Way too much excess spending going on !!!
Last Saturday evening at 8:30pm I saw three city workers at the sweetster circle rotary putting up lights. Isn't that time and 1/2 on a Saturday night? That is what you call excess spending.
Everett

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 12, 2012
 
Gabby wrote:
<quoted text>
Last Saturday evening at 8:30pm I saw three city workers at the sweetster circle rotary putting up lights. Isn't that time and 1/2 on a Saturday night? That is what you call excess spending.
I really love it when I drive by Florence St. Park and there are about 8 city workers - one is actually cleaning and the other 7 are watching him clean. Excessive waste of taxpayer money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Everett Forum right now

Search the Everett Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Glad to See Brazil Lose 14 min charles v 45
Is Carlo DeMaria a BULLY 1 hr Ralphie 4
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 18 hr John 4,692
Another Everett Citizen Arrested For Drug Selling 22 hr Rug Doctor 17
Read about Matewsky and what his former campaig... (Dec '13) Jul 20 Dale Craven 56
Mayor DeMaria Facing Federal Charges (Nov '13) Jul 20 Peter Maldonado 30
Revere Beach...Remember? (Oct '08) Jul 19 Everett 91
•••
•••

Everett News Video

•••
•••

Everett Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Everett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Everett
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••