First Prev
of 3
Next Last
EVERETT RESIDENT

Malden, MA

#1 Feb 9, 2013
The main streets are plowed but the secondary streets are terrible.
This city should be ashamed. I will send my comments to the mayor and my elected officials. City services should all be fired.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#2 Feb 9, 2013
City did a poor job of plowing this storm.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 9, 2013
I agree Everett Resident. The side streets are horrible. They went down with the blades down when there was barely a coating. Now after a couple of people shoveled their snow from cars onto the streets its impassable.

The absolute worst is people who have no idea how to drive in the snow!
havocstarter

Everett, MA

#4 Feb 9, 2013
They haven't even come to my street yet. It's impassible there is at least a 3' solid wall of snow down the street.
What if there was an emergency !! Believe me I plan on blowing up the phones to all those useless hacks at city hall. You can be sure their streets are clear
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#5 Feb 9, 2013
OMG Havocstarter - you mean you haven't been plowed at all ??? That is totally unacceptable !!! Sadly you can blow up the phones at city hall and all the elected officials in the city but it all falls on deaf ears or they coddle you to calm you down....If there was an emergency, the city could be sued for big bucks (not that anyone wants an emergency !!!)....

Sure you can be rest assured Belmont Place (or whatever it is called) is plowed down to the ground and nice and wide too !!!!

We had plows going around last night where there was perhaps 1 inch of snow....Today we awoke to a single path down the middle of the road and that was covered over with snow !!!! All day today and even up to now (11 PM) not one plow has come down our street, not once !!!!!!!! This was their time to do a good job with parking on one side of the street only so they could do an extremely good job (NOT !!!!)...

But you can't get through to city hall on Monday - they probably take the phones off the hook !!!!!
LONG TIMER

Malden, MA

#6 Feb 10, 2013
I was born , raised and still live here. The plowing was extremely bad. Our officials should investigate what has happened instead of saying a great job like they always do. Clarence Street, Harvey Street, Birch Street, Dartmouth Street is terrible.
Sammy

Boston, MA

#8 Feb 10, 2013
The city started towing hours before a flake even fell.Plows worked continously on the main arteries during the storm but they are not wide enough. They should have been also paying attention to the side streets rather than wasting resources going in circles. Poor planning and a horrendous job!! Having to walk in the middle of Broadway in the busness district is unacceptable! No votes for DeMaria in this household!
Long Timer

Malden, MA

#9 Feb 10, 2013
I just drove Ferry Street. In ome place it is only one lane
Idiots

Bronx, NY

#10 Feb 10, 2013
That's exactly what every person that posted on here are. 3 ft of snow and each and every one of you has the audacity to complain? There are more plowed streets then posts on here. These guys have been working for 2 days straight and will continue to work into tomorrow while all of ur lazy ass•• are home. I
Frosty

Boston, MA

#11 Feb 10, 2013
Idiots wrote:
That's exactly what every person that posted on here are. 3 ft of snow and each and every one of you has the audacity to complain? There are more plowed streets then posts on here. These guys have been working for 2 days straight and will continue to work into tomorrow while all of ur lazy ass•• are home. I
And which plow were YOU driving????? The one that worked on Belmont Street???
Larry

Everett, MA

#12 Feb 10, 2013
Idiots wrote:
There was NOT 3 feet of snow. Stop exaggerating! The plows did a lousy lousy job and never used sand/salt and DONT say it's not in the budget because they excess and this is one account you can over-run if necessary. Bottom line there isn't a city service director so who's going to get the blame!
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#13 Feb 10, 2013
Just because there is no CS director is no excuse ... The mayor is responsible for this half-@@@ plowing that's who. Like the saying goes, "It's lonely at the top!" The city service department would have to answer to the mayor when there is no intermediate person in place...Of course with our mayor, no one is responsible for anything.....
We haven't seen a plow since early Friday night !!! Our tax dollars at work !!!(or not)!!!
havocstarter

Everett, MA

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Idiots wrote:
Really where was your lazy ass. You know nothing! I pay my taxes and I expect to be provided basic services . END of Story!!! Oh and if they were really working two days straight given that the whole city of everett is less than a four mile stretch i fully expect the streets to be in better shape than they are. One more thing..that's their JOB!!!
More Idiots

Bronx, NY

#15 Feb 10, 2013
Really? No plow since Friday night?? What street do u live on? And if u haven't seen one have u put a call into city services? Prob not.
Everett Resident wrote:
Just because there is no CS director is no excuse ... The mayor is responsible for this half-@@@ plowing that's who. Like the saying goes, "It's lonely at the top!" The city service department would have to answer to the mayor when there is no intermediate person in place...Of course with our mayor, no one is responsible for anything.....
We haven't seen a plow since early Friday night !!! Our tax dollars at work !!!(or not)!!!
More Idiots

Bronx, NY

#16 Feb 10, 2013
No sand or salt? You HAVE to use sand and salt with a storm like this you dope. Know the facts. And yes there was 3 ft of snow in certain areas with the snow drifts.
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
There was NOT 3 feet of snow. Stop exaggerating! The plows did a lousy lousy job and never used sand/salt and DONT say it's not in the budget because they excess and this is one account you can over-run if necessary. Bottom line there isn't a city service director so who's going to get the blame!
More Idiots

Bronx, NY

#17 Feb 10, 2013
I guess because you pay your taxes you want special treatment on your street. So forget the rest of the city. Nobody else pays their taxes but you I guess. Give the guys that have been working 2 days straight some credit. Get real. That's what I'm saying. And within that 4 mile stretch how many streets are there genius? And where would you like them to put the snow genius?
havocstarter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really where was your lazy ass. You know nothing! I pay my taxes and I expect to be provided basic services . END of Story!!! Oh and if they were really working two days straight given that the whole city of everett is less than a four mile stretch i fully expect the streets to be in better shape than they are. One more thing..that's their JOB!!!
havocstarter

Everett, MA

#18 Feb 10, 2013
More Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>I guess because you pay your taxes you want special treatment on your street. So forget the rest of the city. Nobody else pays their taxes but you I guess. Give the guys that have been working 2 days straight some credit. Get real. That's what I'm saying. And within that 4 mile stretch how many streets are there genius? And where would you like them to put the snow genius?
I got a suggestion but I don't think you would like it... You Jerk special treatment I think not especially considering they didn't even touch my street till this afternoon, and...I would like better management for the entire city. Sadly that won't happen under the current administration
havocstarter

Everett, MA

#19 Feb 10, 2013
Oh this goes out to more idiots....
I'm rubber and your glue!!!
DiCarlo

Everett, MA

#20 Feb 10, 2013
More Idiots wrote:
I guess because you pay your taxes you want special treatment on your street. So forget the rest of the city. Nobody else pays their taxes but you I guess. Give the guys that have been working 2 days straight some credit. Get real. That's what I'm saying. And within that 4 mile stretch how many streets are there genius? And where would you like them to put the snow genius?<quoted text>
That's right, I pay taxes and plenty of them. We were all out there working our butts off all day yesterday while there were TWO plows that went by. My two-way street is impassable.

Those "guys" you refer to are siting in heated trucks and NOT DOING THEIR JOBS. This is a small 3-mile city and unacceptable. There is no excuse for the conditions of these streets.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#21 Feb 10, 2013
If I could get there, I would LOVE to have seen Belmont Place yesterday.....bet it was widely plowed and down to the ground and probably had sand and salt on it too.

I'm sure 99.9% of the political hacks also had their streets plowed early Saturday and maybe even two or three passes with a plow !!!!

Finally the robo calls: It was proper use of reverse 911 this time (and the ONLY time I can remember it being used in the way it was designed)...

The plowing of the side streets is a total disgrace ... all cars in their driveways on our street, not a car in sight and we got one measly pass down the center of the road, that was it !!! The plows had their chances to make good this storm and they totally flubbed it !!!!

Well except for 'certain individuals' that is....

Havocstarter is absolutely correct - with what we pay for taxes, we certainly deserve better services than what we got with this storm.

And another thing: I don't want to hear one word (not one) about the budget !!! It has been a very mild winter with minimal plowable snow = money saved !!! Ditto for the sand/salt issue = money saved !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top-10 reasons the Massachusetts Gaming Commiss... 5 hr Totally disgusted 11
Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 6 hr Totally disgusted 1,169
Hmecoming 11 hr Maxed out credit ... 3
urgent city work? Tue Everett Resident 25
Everett Crimson Tide Football Tue Herodotus 35
Shute Library Mon Joann 9
DiMaria Sep 29 neighborhood ruined 8

Everett News Video

Everett Dating
Find my Match

Everett Jobs

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Everett News, Events & Info