What we found in our take out order.

Posted in the Everett Forum

parent

Everett, MA

#1 Jan 27, 2013
I want to report something that happened to my family I ordered from Everett Pizza Place on chelsea street where we have eaten many times food is good. This time my daughter was eating her sandwich when she took a bite and she cut her lip and tasted metal she then pulled a large screw from the sandwich. My husband brought the sandwich back with the screw and the owner ripped it from his hands and blamed him for putting there because they know us well enough to know my husband is a mechanic. I have never been so upset and disgusted in my life I will never order there again. I Checked with the doctor and my daughter is caught up on her tetnis shot. Thank God.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#2 Jan 27, 2013
Haven't tried Everett Pizza but if they treat customers they know, like you said they know you, we won't go there !!! Very poor customer relations, too many other places they would appreciate your (and mine) business.. Thanks for letting everyone know about this incident....
lifelong Everett resident

Medford, MA

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for letting people know.
g man

Everett, MA

#4 Jan 28, 2013
Everett Resident wrote:
Haven't tried Everett Pizza but if they treat customers they know, like you said they know you, we won't go there !!! Very poor customer relations, too many other places they would appreciate your (and mine) business.. Thanks for letting everyone know about this incident....
I heard that owner has a screw loose
Bubba

Malden, MA

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Your husband called the police I hope
parent

Melrose, MA

#6 Jan 28, 2013
Yes cops were called a.d showed up
sharon

Boston, MA

#7 Jan 28, 2013
I tried them a few times and never had a problem. When they first opened up they were very friendly even giving away free pepsi drinks. A few days ago their was a dispute about how a sandwich was made and the police were called. Maybe their is a different manager working there on various days that is not concerned with quality control. I don't know. All I ever heard were mostly good comments about this place.
ell

Cambridge, MA

#8 Feb 16, 2013
I was at everett pizza place the day the screw incident took place. I had ordered some food that took about 15 minutes so I was there for most of the drama. Let me say first that the screw had no food particles on it, only a thin coat of grease that appears on new screws. A man came in complaining about a screw in a sub and spoke to the owner. The owner told him there were better ways to try to get a refund on food, but gave him back the cost of the sub. Soon after, a woman came in causing a big scene in front of 3 or 4 other customers. She ranted about her daughter cutting her mouth on the screw and how she was the sister of the mayor etc., etc. After a bit, she again went on about being the mayor's sister and the owner asked her to leave and called the police. I guess she called the police as well. From all that went on and the condition of the screw, no one believed that it was in the sub. The main reason I responded at all was because it bothered me how many people are willing to believe a place is bad just on one person's say so. I've become something of a regular there and can tell you the food is very good and the people are nice and the place is clean. I used to run a food place and it's a shame how many people need to play games to try to get free food. Give everett pizza place a chance and see for yourself. One other thing, for the few ignorant people who are bothered by the word "halal" on the signs and menus, I asked because I wasn't familiar with it and it means the meat they use is handled similar to kosher. I for one am happy to have this pizza shop here and from what I see, their customer base is growing quite a bit since they opened in October.
everett

Stoneham, MA

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Did the owner tell her to screw?
Parent

Everett, MA

#10 Feb 20, 2013
let me reply by saying first of all how much free food you getting for writing this.I doubt you were there because I said nothing about being the mayor's sister so that is a lie. Also he had the screw in a napkin when he showed it and he probably wiped it off. And I am the one who called the cops because the so called owner said he did and when I called the cops there was no complaint made so the cops came on my request. I do not have to lie to get free food and the sub was the cheapest thing we ordered that night we spent 50 bucks so If I so called planted the screw why wouldn't it had been in one of the dinners. PLUS WE DID NOT GET OUR MONEY BACK....The sub was five bucks.I have never had a problem with the food it actually was very good and tells you how many times we have been there since he knew my husbands occupation. I am only making people aware of what happened to us and hope this never happens to anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
EHS students assault two female teachers and re... 14 hr EverettCitizen 32
pot holes awareness Fri Johni 6
Marchese's Facebook Fri Mrs D 27
Child Ponography At Madeline English Mar 26 Tyrion Lanister 23
Everett fire Mar 25 Whatever 1
What happen to William Donohue since his arrest... (Oct '09) Mar 24 old friend 14
Doubling of Councilors Salaries! Mar 21 Suckers9658 7
Everett Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]