Brazilian Festa Starts In Everett This Weekend

Posted in the Everett Forum

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#1 Jun 5, 2009
This party is for people who enjoy the Brazilian food, culture ONLY. All those who do not you can sit at your computer and cry and critizise over them and invent stories to make your mind happy.
Have a great weekend.
Festas Juninas (Brazilian) start this weekend
Normally the Allston Parish has been the first large Festa Junina in the area, but this yhear the opening Festa appears to be in Everett, another large parish and Allston will be June 13th. The one in Somerville is the largest and can be chowish, but the crowds make it difficult take advantage of that and often the chow suffers too (poorly grilled churrasco, etc). Allston (recommended), East Boston (sometimes indoors), Cambridge, and Everett are usually better for families and larger. Allston is usually two days (starting on Friday) and Peabody in the past has been indoors too, but I am guessing with two days it will be outdoors (its another large community) in the large parking lot. A few offer beer which is usually American macrobrews and rarely Brazilian brands (usually if sponsored by the brand), but unless Allston or _maybe_ Peabody is doing it the day of offering "Quentao" appears to have passed.
For information about chow that you may encounter there (the selection varies from church to church, some do their own, others rent tables to outside vendors) my post from last year has some information and addresses of churches. I'll do some research to confirm addresses and and maybe update my posting a bit later, but in case someone was interested in going to Everett tomorrow I wanted to get this post out sooner rather than later. Everett is 38 Oakes Street, Everett, MA. Most start in the 5-6 timeframe, with Sunday dates happening in the afternoon. Some go until late (Somerville especially, Allston) and others wrap up at 10pm.

Everett June 6
East Providence June 6
Milford June 6
Allston June 13
Leominster June 13
Woburn June 14
Lowell June 20
Cambridge June 20
Worcester June 20
Rockland June 21
Somerville June 27
Stoughton June 27
Plymouth June 28
Peabody June 26 and 27
East Boston July 11
Framingham September 05
Marlboro September 12
Permalink | Reply

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 5, 2009
I won't be sitting in front of my computer - I'll be going to the North End. So glad you let us all know about the Festa. This way we can all flee Everett tomorrow and stay as far away from St. Anthony's as we can. To those that DO go to the Festa, have a wonderful time.

AOL

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Enjoy your food being cooked in the North End by a El Salvarodian and Brazilian you fool

hahahahahahahah

AOL

#4 Jun 5, 2009
By the way dont forget to tell the Italians to speak English and take down their flags you beast

Location hidden

#5 Jun 5, 2009
Lunatic.

AOL

#6 Jun 5, 2009
ahhahahahaha still crying hahahhahahaha
Todd

Newton, MA

#7 Jun 5, 2009
Isn't it Brazilian day every day let them have there party i would rather sit infront of my computer.
Eddie

Carnation, WA

#8 Jun 5, 2009
90% of them will be hiding in their basements on the 4th of July. Enjoy your saturday!
Minority

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2009
No hope in Everett wrote:
Enjoy your food being cooked in the North End by a El Salvarodian and Brazilian you fool
hahahahahahahah
So true.. HAHAHA!!!
Todd

Newton, MA

#10 Jun 5, 2009
sounds like kids hahahahahaha

Location hidden

#11 Jun 8, 2009
Lots of trouble. Waste of cops. People drinking in the streets. How much did this cost the Everett taxpayers??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman stealing from yards 1 hr gotta make a living 18
Why is the mayor get beaten up by everyone? hm... 1 hr ignorant 28
Revere, Neighbor Districts Unite To Handle 'Urb... 1 hr Totally disgusted 3
Neighborhoods (Jun '09) 2 hr bostondj 73
taxes 3 hr Ted 17
Fred Foresteire (Jan '13) Oct 18 Long shot 138
Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Oct 17 DCF are Monsters 1,185

Everett News Video

Everett Dating
Find my Match

Everett Jobs

Everett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Everett News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Everett

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]