fire on edith st. everett home own by...

fire on edith st. everett home own by omah easy !!

Posted in the Everett Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MIKE D

Fall River, MA

#1 Sep 23, 2009
HE IS A SLUM LORD. AND THEY HAVE DOZEN OF PEOPLE LIVING IN THE HOUSE. NO ONE WAS HURT THANK GOD.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 23, 2009
Thankfully no one was hurt. That's the problem with these absentee landlords. They don't know how many people are living in these apartments once they rent them out. Also, there are illegal apartments. You worry about the exits that people aren't going to be able to get out or if the smoke detectors are working. I'm glad everything is OK.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2009
I already made a thread about it.

The GF told me it was out, but is the building done for?

Doesn't surprise me. My old apartment building is just waiting to burn down. 27 400 sq ft. apartments and about 70 people living there.
everett

Medford, MA

#4 Sep 23, 2009
I wonder where those people will go now. A fire is so devistating. I wish them a lot of luck.
EVERETT

Medford, MA

#5 Sep 23, 2009
WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE LIVE THERE? AMERICANS, BRAZILIANS ? JUST CURIOUS.

Location hidden

#6 Sep 23, 2009
EVERETT wrote:
I'm not touching this one with a ten-foot pole. The Topix race police will be all over it. I'll let someone else answer this one. LOL

United States

#7 Sep 24, 2009
_Levi_ wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not touching this one with a ten-foot pole. The Topix race police will be all over it. I'll let someone else answer this one. LOL
Same here.
outsider

Hampton, NH

#9 Sep 25, 2009
another problem for the fire dept all the doors had locks on them
everett

Medford, MA

#10 Sep 25, 2009
There was a case recently (not Everett) where a child died due to a fire in an illegal apartment. The owner of the house is standing trial for murder. Homeowners need to be careful who the rent to.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 25, 2009
OK - race police - get ready...
Many apartments have multiple locks on them because the tenants are in the country illegal living in illegal apartments. In the case of an emergency, they either won't open the doors or the fire/police department has difficulty busting through all the locks. The tenants think it's INS. Seriously, I'm not saying this as a racist remark.
everett

Medford, MA

#12 Sep 25, 2009
The problem = greedy absentee landlords.

United States

#13 Sep 25, 2009
everett wrote:
The problem = greedy absentee landlords.
Which seems to be widely popular. Even my landlord is a scum bag.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 25, 2009
-nate- wrote:
<quoted text>
Which seems to be widely popular. Even my landlord is a scum bag.
Nate, you're back! We were worried about you :-)
everett

Medford, MA

#15 Sep 25, 2009
NATEEEEEEE - finally!!!!!!

Since: Mar 09

Medford, MA

#16 Sep 25, 2009
Levi does your husband know you are having an online affair?
everett

Medford, MA

#17 Sep 25, 2009
iHideBehindAname wrote:
Levi does your husband know you are having an online affair?
Nothing wrong with an imaginary affair. Besides, Nate is very irresistable. All the women and one very strange kid loves him. Don't be jealous.
fair

Dearborn, MI

#18 Sep 27, 2009
EVERETT wrote:
It's ok, I can answer your question because I was there when it started, the people that lived there were Americans, human being. Did I solve your curiosity?
outsider

Everett, MA

#19 Sep 27, 2009
what about the first floor
BAD

Fall River, MA

#20 Sep 28, 2009
The word is they had no insurance. that stinks.
YOOOOOOOOOO

Fall River, MA

#21 Sep 28, 2009
LOOK HERES ONE OF THEM!

Outstanding 40 Time For A Slumlord
Former Everett High School star and current Oakland Raiders benchwarmer Omar Easy may be making a name for himself in another field- real estate.

In an email sent to Barstool, Easy and his mother Icylin Wright Gibbs are accused of being heartless slumlords. Anonymous emailer Jack Daniels [note to future anonymous emailers- avoid selecting aliases that are Tennessee whiskey-related] claims that Easy and his mom are turning a blind eye to about 500 different housing code violations at the building they own at 6-8 Edith Avenue in Everett.

Omar was kind enough to help his mother buy a house in Everett Mass. His mother (Icylnn) and the family are not kind enough to keep up with the place. It is a 3 family home and on the first floor are about 10-15 people living there (3 bedroom one floor apt). Section 8 pays the rent directly to the Easy family and the people on the first floor who originally rented the place have people pay them to stay there. Their gas has been shut off, they pee out the back windows, the front door is broken, there is a pipe leaking in the basement and the inside is a mess. When Omar Easy and his family was told about the terrible condition his mother said, "I don't care as long as I get paid". Meanwhile, before Omar's mother was the mother of a football star she had problems of her own. When living in Everett she had trouble paying her rent and bills. An Everett school took up a donation to help her out. This is how they are giving back to the community, by helping destroy it. Omar Easy pretends to be a hero while neglecting the people who really needs his help- his tenants...PLEASE HELP!

Some college kid in Allston just read this email and is seriously considering moving to Easy's slumtastic apartment building. Peeing out back windows, broken pipes and a broken front door- that's like $1500 for a two bedroom in L.A.

All this being said, let's talk seriously for a second. In your professional opinions, who looked more like a 45-year old man in high school- Omar Easy or Greg Oden? Such a tough call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kipo's Pizza 2 hr Everett dawg 12
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) 4 hr Fingers crossed 10
News Professor has taken 'selfie' every day for last... 22 hr EverettCitizen 3
Brazilian s are next to go. Sun Middle class indeed 8
Maplewood Gang (Sep '10) Sat Ight 176
chickens as pets? (Jul '09) Sat Cool hand Fred 37
News If You Have a "Big Stick" Speaking Softly Is Na... Feb 23 EverettCitizen 2

Everett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance