of 2
Next Last
only in everett

Malden, MA

#1 Oct 2, 2009
Woman's body found in Everett
Updated: Friday, 02 Oct 2009, 6:50 AM EDT
Published : Friday, 02 Oct 2009, 6:28 AM EDT

A woman's body has been found in Everett.

Police are on the scene at 154 Main Street.

We're told she was found in a pool of blood.

Police are not releasing many details.
Allison

Durham, NC

#2 Oct 2, 2009
WINNER
boston five news

AOL

#3 Oct 2, 2009
BOSTON -- Everett police were investigating early Friday after receiving reports of a woman down in an alley way.
Everett, Mass. More
Officers said they got the call about 4:30 a.m. and officers gathered at the scene near at apartment building at 154 Main Street.
"Upon arrival they found a woman in the rear of the building with serious injuries and she was expired on scene," said Everett Police Chief Steven Mazzie.
Police did not immediately release the victim's name or the nature of her injuries and would not say whether the death was suspicious or a possible homicide.
The police chief said there was no one in custody in connection with the case.
Copyright 2009 by TheBostonChannel.com . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Allison

Durham, NC

#5 Oct 2, 2009
sorry no prize for second place
comeon

Medford, MA

#6 Oct 2, 2009
I think the story itself is serious enough that it doesn't matter if someone posted another site. It's not about stardom.
Eddie

Kirkland, WA

#7 Oct 2, 2009
Mr. Mayor, please look up Gaurdian Angels.
Andy

Durham, NC

#8 Oct 2, 2009
I agree with comeon save the races for the election first second or even third place still gets you on the comeon council not the place here on now...thank you
Football Mom

Stratford, CT

#9 Oct 2, 2009
Wow I have never felt unsafe in this city, I walk my dog late at night and have never had a problem. Now I'm worried this murder was around the corner from my house!! I hope they get some leads and catch whomever committed this horrible crime!
Allison

Durham, NC

#10 Oct 2, 2009
Football Mom wrote:
Wow I have never felt unsafe in this city, I walk my dog late at night and have never had a problem. Now I'm worried this murder was around the corner from my house!! I hope they get some leads and catch whomever committed this horrible crime!
She probably never did either.
YOOOOOOOOOO

Fall River, MA

#11 Oct 2, 2009
What a sin.
Andy

Durham, NC

#12 Oct 2, 2009
I agree Alison. Unexpected perhaps.
Jimmy

Boston, MA

#13 Oct 2, 2009
WBZ has a picture of the police sealing off political signs. Maybe she was trying to take them down. The poor thing.
everett

Medford, MA

#14 Oct 2, 2009
Most of the time, it's someone the person knows. Let's hope and pray it wasn't a random act.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#15 Oct 2, 2009
It said she was found in an alley and that she was stabbed. It probably wasn't random.
GOAT

Medford, MA

#16 Oct 2, 2009
Rumor has it that the apartment building she was found is the homne of many King Arthur female employee's
only in everett

Malden, MA

#17 Oct 2, 2009
Homicide detectives are investigating the killing of a woman whose body was discovered outside early this morning on Main Street in Everett.

Authorities did not release a cause of death, but the case is being investigated as a homicide, according to a statement from the Middlesex district attorney's office. The medical examiner has scheduled an autopsy later today.

The woman's body was found at 4:32 a.m. outside 154 Main. Her name and age were not released pending notification of her family.

But a group of grief-stricken friends of the victim showed up this afternoon and expressed shock at the violence that had befallen their friend, who they identified as Sheila Santos, a Brazilian native who was living in the Boston area and had at least two sisters living in the area.

boston.com
Carlos

Medford, MA

#18 Oct 2, 2009
Eddie wrote:
Mr. Mayor, please look up Gaurdian Angels.
The Mayor tells people there is no crime in Everett.
Bob

Everett, MA

#19 Oct 2, 2009
Ok, so this is the mayor's fault? lets be realistic

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#20 Oct 2, 2009
"She didn't have any enemies," said Allen Sousa, one of the friends. "She was very happy, always smiling."

A woman whom Sousa described as Santos's best friend could only weep when asked what happened to her friend.

"I don't, I don't know," said the woman between tears, identifying herself only as Rita.

Another friend, Douglas Silva, said Santos had an active social life and often attended parties hosted for the Brazilian community in Everett and greater Boston.

"She'd go to the parties," Silva said. "She didn't do nothing."

Authorities have not yet officially identified the victim. In interviews, neighbors described the horrific scene that greeted them this morning. Some had views of the rear parking lot where the woman was killed and where the body lay for several hours as police collected evidence.

Neighbors agreed to be interviewed on the condition that their names not be published because of the ongoing murder investigation.

They said the woman was lying face down at the rear entryway with her left arm above her head as if she was reaching for the entry door. They said that she was covered in blood and wore only her left boot. Keys and her pocketbook were lying nearby, neighbors said.

According to neighbors, the rear parking lot is extremely well-lit at night. Two floodlights and a light above the rear entryway were visible today.

While the woman's body was found at 4:30 a.m., neighbors said police asked them if they had heard any noise around 2 to 2:30 a.m., suggesting that's when the woman was attacked.

A news conference was slated for 2 p.m. at Everett Police Department headquarters with Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone.
Eddie

Kirkland, WA

#21 Oct 2, 2009
Bob wrote:
Ok, so this is the mayor's fault? lets be realistic
Who said it was the mayors fault ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parking enforcement idiot 8 hr ticket guy 1
Another Poor Call By FFF 10 hr Lee 27
City started taking space savers 10 hr EverettCitizen 5
How many homicides did Everett have in 2014? 19 hr Everett finest 12
Just In: Felon Charles Lightbody loses auction ... Wed Dan Rizzo 2
Who has the Best Subs in Everett Wed Everett finest 9
Mike Mclaughlin Calls Mayor Marty Walsh a two f... (Jul '14) Wed The Truth 57

Everett News Video

Everett Dating
Find my Match