kim

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Everett police are investigating a double stabbing.

Two men were stabbed on Reed Avenue around 11 p.m. Thursday. One of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries. The second victim's condition is not known.

The suspect is still on the loose. There is no word on what led to the double stabbing.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/19244644/201...
Born in Everett

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

This totally explains all the commotion we saw while at the Walgreens last night.
old etown

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

this city has gone to sh*t. a cess pool of degenerates.
Sickened

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Something happened on Winslow St. the other day too. Police were there for while, walking up and down probably looking for something or someone.
Scary times in Everett
evres60

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Everyone needs to get a life it happens every where not only I Everett. Does anyone listen to the news.
old etown

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

evres60 wrote:
Everyone needs to get a life it happens every where not only I Everett. Does anyone listen to the news.
I listen to the news and you are right, it does happen in other cities. For example, Mattapan, Dorchester, Chelsea.
RedTideQueen

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

I dont think "double" stabbings are a popular occurrence in other towns or cities. Infact, I dont believe that in any location should it be a "situation that happens everywhere" That's what happens when you have a town with a growing population of bored degenerates.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Well I am sure our house values will decrease, and what about our taxes ??

To all the citizens of Everett, THANK YOU !!!
Jenna

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Why are the citizens of Everett the last to know when these crimes happen? Don't we have a right to know to protect our families?
Jenna

Chelsea, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

We probably get at least 3-4 reverve 911 calls per week about the Mayor's events, city events why can't it be utilized in the way it was meant to be to notify the the Everett residents when a crime has occurred so we can take the proper precautions to keep our family and friends safe. What about the people who live on Reed Ave. and may have have been coming home that night. Wouldn't it make sense to send out that Reverse 911 call espcially while a person who stabbed two people is still on the loose and in their neighborhood???
Neighbor of scene

Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

I live on reed ave n this happen literally right next door to my house shit is crazy. This is def not the same Everett I grew up in. There's still good ppl in Everett. But there's been more shootings n stabbings in the last 2 yrs than the entire 30 yrs ive lived in this city but pretty much none those crimes have been on the news till this one
kim

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

I guess eating at Carol's this morning is more important than notifing the people of everett. but we find out everything with social media now.
Neighbor of scene

Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

evres60 wrote:

Your right these crimes And even worst r committed all over the state/country/world. I have a life n it's been in Everett for its entirety n u can't tell me that crime isn't growin in Everett yr after yr or even day by day at this point
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

JENNA: You have a very valid point about using the reverse 911 system for the reason(s) it was put in place. It was NOT put in place to notify the citizens for mundane items. The mayor's office is so wrong in doing this for things that are not important (anyone remember the childhood story of the boy who cried wolf ???)....

This definitely should have gone out as a reverse 911 - yes even at that late hour ... Neighbors could put on their outside lights and perhaps this would assist the police officers in catching the suspect - at least it would be for everyone's safety at the very least....

Use this system for what it was designed for, nothing else .....
saw it

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

kim wrote:
I guess eating at Carol's this morning is more important than notifing the people of everett. but we find out everything with social media now.
This WAS on the tv news this morning.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

EVERETT60 and Old etown: Yes it does happen in other cities - Boston, Mattapan, Dorchester, and many areas of Boston, that is correct.

However, I haven't heard or read of it happening in, oh say, Wakefield, Lynnfield, Melrose, Saugus.....So yes it does happen but not in every city.....

Just drive from Everett Square, stop and look around Glendale Square and up the first part of Broadway, mainly before the Shute Library....No you can't judge a person by looks, but when I see pants hanging down to the knees, people traveling as if in a mini-gang, I'm sure I'm not walking Broadway like used to. My car doors are locked when I leave my home but that is a false sense of security, as car windows can easily be broken....

We like to blame the mayor - or other politicians -- but I don't see that....I do put the blame on absentee landlords who will go for anyone, particularly Section 8 renters as that is a guaranteed income for them. They don't live in Everett anymore, so they don't care if the property becomes rundown - their money is coming in....

There is one house near us that Code Enforcement does zip about -- plainly visible discarded mattress (been there for a while now), broken down furniture (also been there for a while)....If I can see this, why can't Code Enforcement ??? Don't they look around when they drive through neighborhoods ??? I would report this but could I remain anonymous - this family needs all four tires on their vehicles !!!!

So was the suspect ever caught ?? Was he known to the victims ??? Was this gang related ??? Yes we citizens have a right to know what is happening in 'our city'....
malden mom

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Neighbor of scene wrote:
I live on reed ave n this happen literally right next door to my house shit is crazy. This is def not the same Everett I grew up in. There's still good ppl in Everett. But there's been more shootings n stabbings in the last 2 yrs than the entire 30 yrs ive lived in this city but pretty much none those crimes have been on the news till this one
That must be unsettling to live so close to a crime scene.
Old etown

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Everett Resident wrote:
EVERETT60 and Old etown: Yes it does happen in other cities - Boston, Mattapan, Dorchester, and many areas of Boston, that is correct.
However, I haven't heard or read of it happening in, oh say, Wakefield, Lynnfield, Melrose, Saugus.....So yes it does happen but not in every city.....
We like to blame the mayor - or other politicians -- but I don't see that....I do put the blame on absentee landlords who will go for anyone, particularly Section 8 renters as that is a guaranteed income for them. They don't live in Everett anymore, so they don't care if the property becomes rundown - their money is coming in....
I was implying the same thing because I was... oh say, being sarcastic!?

I wouldn't necessarily blame the landlords. Correct me if I'm wrong though, isn't MA one of the few states where a landlord can not refuse a tenant that's eligible for Section 8 help?(not being sarcastic here). So the blame would have to be the local politicans. Was this city like what it is now when Mayor McCarthy was in office? Seems that it was a slippery slope back when Ragucci took over.
cmom

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Does anyone know who was hurt ? Everett people ,I have lived here for 25 years ,I am to afraid let my teens go anywhere here , my daughter was walking on a main street in Everett last winter she was shot by a bb gun in the leg thank the lord she wasnt hurt to bad but that scared me to death , Everett use to be safe I think we have to take back our streets from crime , I think that the problem is it is a ANYTHING GOS ATTITUDE PEOPLE HAVE.
Belle

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Everett Resident wrote:
Just drive from Everett Square, stop and look around Glendale Square and up the first part of Broadway, mainly before the Shute Library....No you can't judge a person by looks, but when I see pants hanging down to the knees, people traveling as if in a mini-gang, I'm sure I'm not walking Broadway like used to. My car doors are locked when I leave my home but that is a false sense of security, as car windows can easily be broken....
There is one house near us that Code Enforcement does zip about -- plainly visible discarded mattress (been there for a while now), broken down furniture (also been there for a while)....If I can see this, why can't Code Enforcement ??? Don't they look around when they drive through neighborhoods ??? I would report this but could I remain anonymous - this family needs all four tires on their vehicles !!!!
So was the suspect ever caught ?? Was he known to the victims ??? Was this gang related ??? Yes we citizens have a right to know what is happening in 'our city'....
I know that it's not the fault of anyone, but the mayor and elected officials can do better!

Over the years while our crime is increasing, police patrols have been decreasing. Police presence may not deter crime....but AGGRESSIVE patrols will help maintain order. Even if it stops just one person from acting out in a violent manner, it would be all worth it. Let people know it wont be tolerated in Everett.

I could not agree more about the ABUSE of the reverse 911 system. It has become a political tool, and that is not what it was designed for! It was designed for EMERGENCIES and to notify residents of evacuations, fires, street closures, planned outages, water-main breaks, etc etc etc. NOT 3 calls in one day over the mayors movie night. It's borderline sickening and always at dinner time. Those calls are now always ignored and that's a shame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
firefighters did nothing but show up 1 hr banbullies 5
Alford St bridge 14 hr wicky wicky woo 9
Electricity Wed Everett 4
Song game, anyone? (Mar '10) Wed bluebird 1,407
Glendale square riot Wed Ghost 52
Everett's finest Tue CaCah 52
house on cleveland ave (Aug '09) Aug 19 everett citizen 122

Search the Everett Forum:
•••

Everett News Video