Shooting in Everett?

Since: Nov 09

Malden, MA

#1 Jul 8, 2012
I just came back from N.H. and another masshole up there said that before she came up there was, what she thought to be a shooting up around Tedeschi's on Main St. in Everett. It would prob. be Thu. or Fri. night, maybe earlier, I didn't ask her when she arrived.

She stated she heard a loud bang and thought it was fireworks but when she looked out she saw a guy stumbling down the street clutching his gut, and then right after there were police everywhere.

I haven't been around, I was up in VT and then NH, so I haven't seen the news nor have I heard anything else about it. Anyone hear anything or was she celebrating the 4th a bit too hard?
Roxbury North

Everett, MA

#2 Jul 8, 2012
birdwhoswims wrote:
I just came back from N.H. and another masshole up there said that before she came up there was, what she thought to be a shooting up around Tedeschi's on Main St. in Everett. It would prob. be Thu. or Fri. night, maybe earlier, I didn't ask her when she arrived.
She stated she heard a loud bang and thought it was fireworks but when she looked out she saw a guy stumbling down the street clutching his gut, and then right after there were police everywhere.
I haven't been around, I was up in VT and then NH, so I haven't seen the news nor have I heard anything else about it. Anyone hear anything or was she celebrating the 4th a bit too hard?
Check the three Fishwraps next week, I'm sure they'll report in in there!.........NOT!:)
neighbor

Cambridge, MA

#3 Jul 9, 2012
I didn't hear anything about this. Is it true? Can't imagine what it will be like in that neighborhood after the Water's Ave projects are built.
reality

Boston, MA

#4 Jul 9, 2012
It doesn't really matter,
unless you know a cop,
you won't know 90% of the crime that goes on in Everett.

It's like the Twilight Zone when it comes to reporting news.

THAT'S the real reason all the cops moved to different cities.
They KNOW how bad this place has become.
surewas

Everett, MA

#5 Jul 9, 2012
there sure was a shooting near that store..hear three shots from my home near there and then cops were all over the place...why isn't this reported more?

Malden, MA

#6 Jul 9, 2012
Thank you surewas, at least that's a bit more confirmation.

Roxbury, that's exactly why I came on here. If we didn't hear about it yet I doubt they'd print it in any of the local papers. The shooter was prob. a family member of someone important. If they print anything at all it'll prob. be a small notation in the police log.

Neighbor.... Water's Ave. Projects? Since when? K, I know I don't keep up as I should, but I haven't heard anything about that. What are they going to put them at the bottom of Waters Ave where all that chemical and quarantined soil is?
Nice.

Reality, ain't the truth... I actually do know a cop (detective actually, don't know if that makes a dif). One that I have known since we were kids. I'm not big on police, I just don't trust them. Even those who joined because they truly want to help (not for the power trip) if they were put into a situ where they had to choose btw a civilian and a "brother" they would help the brother even if they had to lie.

The detective I grew up with though is one person whom I trust and respect without question. I have never met any person who doesn't like this guy, civilian or blue. I don't see him often, but I'm going to look into it, just out of curiousity. I like to know how bad my city is getting and why this crap isn't printed.

Thanks guys for getting back to me. If I hear anything true I'll get back to you.
how

Boston, MA

#7 Jul 9, 2012
birdwhoswims wrote:
I'm not big on police, I just don't trust them. Even those who joined because they truly want to help (not for the power trip) if they were put into a situ where they had to choose btw a civilian and a "brother" they would help the brother even if they had to lie.
Police are paid to lie.

The Supreme Court has up held a ruling that the police may lie in order to obtain statements and confessions from witnesses and defendants.

So they can tell you a family member ran a school bus full of nuns and orphans off the road if it gets you to disclose his location so they can get him for tax evasion.

They may lie about the law they are accusing you of breaking
They may lie about the punishment you may receive for breaking it.
They may even create laws that DO NOT EVEN EXIST to get a statement, or confession from you.

I don't distrust cops,
anymore than lawyers, politicians, or salespeople.
not fair

Ashland, MA

#8 Jul 16, 2012
just like no one heard about the guy that got eatened by racoons on bradford street. his house is full of rodents living in it and no one would help the man for years. didn't see that one in the paper
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#9 Jul 16, 2012
This is the first I've heard of this sad story....How awful and no one cared or knew anything was wrong ???? Didn't his mail'person' notice the mail was being picked up, how about advertising flyers on his steps or old "Everett" papers .... Single family home ?? Wouldn't Code Enforcement notice the tall grass and debris around the house ??? Where is the Board of Health in this case ??? I can't understand why the neighbors didn't see or hear these critters in and around this house ... Unbelievable ....
nowwhat

Springfield, NJ

#10 Jul 16, 2012
Everett Resident wrote:
This is the first I've heard of this sad story....How awful and no one cared or knew anything was wrong ???? Didn't his mail'person' notice the mail was being picked up, how about advertising flyers on his steps or old "Everett" papers .... Single family home ?? Wouldn't Code Enforcement notice the tall grass and debris around the house ??? Where is the Board of Health in this case ??? I can't understand why the neighbors didn't see or hear these critters in and around this house ... Unbelievable ....
You didn't hear about it because it's a lie

Malden, MA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
LMAO Not Fair....Eaten by racoons??? What on earth are you smoking? Or should I say, what FROM earth? K, I live right around Bradford St. What number was this supposed to have happened on and when. I have to agree w/nowwhat on this one.

To How...
Exactly How. Did you see the movie "My Idiot Brother"? The cop comes up to the guy at the farmers market asking if he knows where he could get some pot. The guy says "like I'd tell you if I knew". The cop is all sheepish, "oh, yeah, sorry, just have had a bad time of it lately" all playing on his compassion. They guy feels bad (idiot) helps him out for free, wants no money. The cop INSISTS, saying he will feel bad, won't be able to enjoy it or relax. So he takes some money and "oh, by the way you're under arrest". Yeah, it's a movie, yes, it's stupid, but that is what we're getting at. They have the green light to lie, lie, lie. Supposedly for the "greater good", right? Who's greater good. once you start down that road, there's no turning back. It's all defiled. No trust anywhere anymore. It's a sad situation.
how

Acton, MA

#12 Jul 20, 2012
birdwhoswims wrote:
To How...
Exactly How. Did you see the movie "My Idiot Brother"? The cop comes up to the guy at the farmers market asking if he knows where he could get some pot. The guy says "like I'd tell you if I knew". The cop is all sheepish, "oh, yeah, sorry, just have had a bad time of it lately" all playing on his compassion. They guy feels bad (idiot) helps him out for free, wants no money. The cop INSISTS, saying he will feel bad, won't be able to enjoy it or relax. So he takes some money and "oh, by the way you're under arrest". Yeah, it's a movie, yes, it's stupid, but that is what we're getting at. They have the green light to lie, lie, lie. Supposedly for the "greater good", right? Who's greater good. once you start down that road, there's no turning back. It's all defiled. No trust anywhere anymore. It's a sad situation.
I could not agree more, bird

A friend of mine sold the green stuff when he was high-school (not Everett)
An acquaintance of his came asking for the white stuff (which he didn't do, and didn't sell)

Please please please, you must know someone, I really need it bla bla bla.

My friend finally says he'd get it for him,
guy specifically wants to meet at a certain parking lot for the deal.

Of course it was a bust,
Of course that lot was close enough to be considered a school zone.

My buddy wouldn't roll on the guy he got it from,
and ended up doing YEARS, as a naive high school kid, doing a favor.

Malden, MA

#13 Jul 26, 2012
how wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not agree more, bird
A friend of mine sold the green stuff when he was high-school (not Everett)
An acquaintance of his came asking for the white stuff (which he didn't do, and didn't sell)
Please please please, you must know someone, I really need it bla bla bla.
My friend finally says he'd get it for him,
guy specifically wants to meet at a certain parking lot for the deal.
Of course it was a bust,
Of course that lot was close enough to be considered a school zone.
My buddy wouldn't roll on the guy he got it from,
and ended up doing YEARS, as a naive high school kid, doing a favor.
That sucks big time. That's why, no matter who I know anymore, it's just not worth it. You never know who you can trust and who's looking out for themselves. People will do anything to get themselves out of trouble, even condemning someone fairly innocent.

The cops prob new what was going down, they had a guy that didn't really deserve the bust, but figured they'd use him to get to the big guy and then when your friend wouldn't rat, they let him do the time as a "punishment' for not being a rat.

Sucks big time but good for your friend for being a stand up guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Everett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facts about Everett 17 hr Pizza Man 36
Is there any update on the Dog Park Project? Thu DogWalker 1
No water Feb 21 Concerned 1
Hiring school department Feb 19 Nickeled and dimed 9
Happy Trump Day Everyone! (Feb '17) Feb 18 betterafterjuston... 9
birds of a feather Feb 16 Olrac Airamed 13
Teacher Layoffs - Happening right now! Feb 15 top cat 41

Everett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance