wondering

East Bernstadt, KY

#1 Nov 23, 2012
I saw in the paper where the City of Evarts is looking for ways to save money. Why are the city officers allowed to take their cruis ers home and use them on their personal time? The City of Evarts is no doubt buying their gas while their out taking their wives to the grocery store and Walmart. I don't think city vehicles should be taken home and especially shouldn't be used for personal tasks hence causing the city to buy vehicles sooner because they're constantly in use at home and at work.
ECK

London, KY

#2 Nov 23, 2012
I don't know about all that police car stuff but I think the Mayor is a pretty nice fellow and is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Time will tell how good a Mayor he is I guess.

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#3 Nov 23, 2012
ECK wrote:
I don't know about all that police car stuff but I think the Mayor is a pretty nice fellow and is doing the best he can with what he has to work with. Time will tell how good a Mayor he is I guess.
Eddie is a good feller, as for the rest of it, i`m not getting into that cause I don`t live in the City limits!!
Busy Body

Winchester, KY

#4 Nov 23, 2012
I have never seen an Officer using his cruiser for personal use, if you have a concern then take it up with the Mayor or go to the City council meeting and express your concerns. Don't go on topix and start some bullshit.
lol

Dayhoit, KY

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Busy Body wrote:
I have never seen an Officer using his cruiser for personal use, if you have a concern then take it up with the Mayor or go to the City council meeting and express your concerns. Don't go on topix and start some bullshit.
Come on!! I see Lupe at Walmart allll the time in his cruiser! Is he on duty at Walmart?
Old Timer

London, KY

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Years ago the policemen in Evarts did a lot of foot patroling in the city...why can't they walk now? It would save a lot of gas and give them some exercise and it would be nice to see the police walking around checking the businness at night, walking the neighborhood. Maybe Mayor Eddie if you see this post you would consider this action....a lot of gas money would be saved.
mercy

Dayhoit, KY

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Busy Body wrote:
If the mayor wants to save money he should make them park their cruisers at city hall when they go home! Why should the city have to pay for thay many separate vehicles? And for their gas to & from work?! No other job does that!!
Not

London, KY

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Old Timer wrote:
Years ago the policemen in Evarts did a lot of foot patroling in the city...why can't they walk now? It would save a lot of gas and give them some exercise and it would be nice to see the police walking around checking the businness at night, walking the neighborhood. Maybe Mayor Eddie if you see this post you would consider this action....a lot of gas money would be saved.
And if they are out foot patrolling and they get a call for something life threatening then they can just walk to the call. 20 years ago, I remember that Evarts only had one cruiser and it usually stayed empty on fuel so they "HAD" to patrol on foot. Everybody wants to cry but, I for one, want the police patrolling and doing their job no matter what the cost. Nobody will ever be good enough for you people. I am proud of the job our mayor is doing and happy they are looking for ways to cut cost. Past mayors would have just raised our rates. In stead of whining, I say THANKS to the mayor and council.
Coal Miner

Hazard, KY

#9 Nov 24, 2012
lol eddie
jsob

London, KY

#10 Nov 24, 2012
Grow up, I have never seen so many crybabies in my life. If you have a problem take it up with that person and stop typing on a computer. LOL @ crybabies.
You big dummy

London, KY

#11 Nov 24, 2012
jsob wrote:
Grow up, I have never seen so many crybabies in my life. If you have a problem take it up with that person and stop typing on a computer. LOL @ crybabies.
Boy you told them you big crybaby.
aholes

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 Nov 24, 2012
jsob wrote:
Nobody's f'in crying! Read the posts! The newspaper noted the city was looking for ways to save money secondary to the decrease in coal severance monies, so someone suggested they cut Lupe off from using the city vehicle & gas to go to Walmart, ect. In my opinion it's a valid point!
Doing good job

London, KY

#13 Nov 24, 2012
I think our new mayor Eddie is doing a tremendous job. The city looks better now than it has in years. When we had the previous mayor the town was dirty and I was ashamed for out of towners to come to Evarts. Even some of the out of town people coming in for the reunion remarked this year how nice the town was looking and what a good job our mayor was doing. He is trying very hard and I for one will support him 100 percent. The previous mayor didn't care how Evarts looked and you sure could tell it. I am so glad that people elected Eddie instead of the other candidate..I am sure if the other had been elected, the town would not look as good as it does now.
Thats right

London, KY

#14 Nov 24, 2012
Doing good job wrote:
I think our new mayor Eddie is doing a tremendous job. The city looks better now than it has in years. When we had the previous mayor the town was dirty and I was ashamed for out of towners to come to Evarts. Even some of the out of town people coming in for the reunion remarked this year how nice the town was looking and what a good job our mayor was doing. He is trying very hard and I for one will support him 100 percent. The previous mayor didn't care how Evarts looked and you sure could tell it. I am so glad that people elected Eddie instead of the other candidate..I am sure if the other had been elected, the town would not look as good as it does now.
I think Eddie is doing a good job as Mayor also, but I don`t know how you can say Burl didn`t care about the City and it looked bad when he was Mayor because that`s just ain`t true and as a matter of fact you should of Thanked Burl for the out of towner`s and all the traffic and money they bring to the Cities coffers, without him the City wouldn`t have all the new vehicles and play grounds and parks, Burl did get the ball rolling on ALL OF IT!!
You people in Evarts sure forget awful easy that Burl Fee was a good Mayor up until he passed away.
lol

London, KY

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Could you all suck up to Eddie anymore than you`re doing right now ? you should put your name to your post so he can pat you on the back the next time he sees you and say adaboy or adagirl. lol
Citizen

London, KY

#16 Nov 25, 2012
Instead of getting on topix, go to a council meeting or talk to the mayor personally. Oh thats right, you wont because then people on here will realize who is starting this stuff. Some is the winners and some is the losers. It was pretty evident by the margin of the votes that people was happy with the job our mayor is doing. If it would have been a close election then I can see some sore losers coming out but come on, it was a landslide. Thats not sucking up, just the truth.

P.S...People in Evarts do have common sense and are not ungrateful. Everybody on here reads playhouse too. Go to playhouse and read it for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evarts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~~Last Post !!~~~ (Dec '11) 4 min Concerned_American 4,714
Stepps 29 min haha 12
brother gary plank 1 hr JUST ME 9
looking for someone to do concrete work. (Mar '11) 5 hr fernando 19
So called photographer at black mt school 6 hr Jess 3
Pure Romance Party 5/22/15 at Verda Center 7 hr Party 1
Lookin for Morrice Petrey Junior (May '10) 7 hr Country boy 40
More from around the web

Evarts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE