City Taco opens Wednesday in Evansville

Jun 18, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFIE-TV Evansville

Logan says they wanted to bring a unique food experience to the city. Tortillas for their tacos are all made in house.

Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Saturday Jul 19
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Welp, that does it, im hungry, taco time.
bandito

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

I saw the menu. It is no different than hacienda
HeyGenius

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Been super stoked about this place opening. This way only day two so I guess that could be an excuse for the terrible service. They took 10 mins to get $5 chips and queso. Chips came with extra grease and if you want salsa they charge for that too.(First time for that a a mexi place). Then 20 mins in we finally got our tacos. They were good in concept, but soggy and cold so we couldn't really enjoy them. They didn't bring our sides out and when they did they were terrible from plain old black beans to rice with a ton of cilantro and that generic chemical lime flavoring that I can't stand. Oh, and did I mention no one brought us utensils. It cost me $40 for the 3 of us and wanted to leave I was so pissed. Did I say the waitress warned me away from the taco salad!?!? She said it wasn't what I thought and I probably wouldn't like it. Because apparently I don't know how to read. I've spend so much money at Kanpai and really want this place to do well. Fix service! Back off on the cilantro on all menu items and 86 all the sides except I didn't try street corn. There were a lot of unhappy people in there. And way too many servers standing around. God jayson I hope you hammert his stuff out so we have another good restaurant from you. Peace and love peace and love. I know it's just the first two days I criticize with peace and love.
Animal

Madison, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

I think Kanpai has went downhill
man

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Not that great
citywok

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

went there yesterday... took a while to get my food, the "plain old taco" was bland and flavorless... a good taco to serve at the retirement home, the steak taco was an improvement but not by a whole lot...

the chips were ok, too greasy but still not terrible... the salsa was also bland

for a tad less money i could have gone to Jalisco and got more food of a much better quality

or for a lot less money i could have gone down the street to Taco John's...

i doubt i'll ever go back to shitty taco
who

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Judged:

HeyGenius wrote:
Been super stoked about this place opening. This way only day two so I guess that could be an excuse for the terrible service. They took 10 mins to get $5 chips and queso. Chips came with extra grease and if you want salsa they charge for that too.(First time for that a a mexi place). Then 20 mins in we finally got our tacos. They were good in concept, but soggy and cold so we couldn't really enjoy them. They didn't bring our sides out and when they did they were terrible from plain old black beans to rice with a ton of cilantro and that generic chemical lime flavoring that I can't stand. Oh, and did I mention no one brought us utensils. It cost me $40 for the 3 of us and wanted to leave I was so pissed. Did I say the waitress warned me away from the taco salad!?!? She said it wasn't what I thought and I probably wouldn't like it. Because apparently I don't know how to read. I've spend so much money at Kanpai and really want this place to do well. Fix service! Back off on the cilantro on all menu items and 86 all the sides except I didn't try street corn. There were a lot of unhappy people in there. And way too many servers standing around. God jayson I hope you hammert his stuff out so we have another good restaurant from you. Peace and love peace and love. I know it's just the first two days I criticize with peace and love.
Open your on restaurant and quit
Your complaining. They just open give them some time to figure out the small stuff. Waaaa you waited for
Your food. Big a$$ baby
Nostradamus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

who wrote:
<quoted text>Open your on restaurant and quit
Your complaining. They just open give them some time to figure out the small stuff. Waaaa you waited for
Your food. Big a$$ baby
I take it you work there! The person said peace and love! No need to go crazy over a comment!
adios

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Why would Americans open a Mexican eatery? We have enough around this town. They are trying to put out an inexpensive product and act like its upscale.. I don't think so. The owner should concentrate on his once good sushi place. That place just sucks these days
cheapskate

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

Hey lets face it Kampi has dropping for some time. Who is going to make a Taco place a high class wine destination, This place will tank in six months
cheapskate

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2014

btw i agree with who! who else would defend it it
shelloy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

Mexican street corn!!! yay!
John

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

Started with the nacho's, they were great. The four of us all had a different taco, everyone of them was delicious. The wine was perfect as well as the service, considering they had only been open two days and the place was packed to the rafters. The outdoor seating is a perfect touch. Way to go Jason & Doc. We loved it we'll be back!
HeyGenius

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

who wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your on restaurant and quit
Your food. Big a$$ baby
I don't need to open another restaurant thank you. If all you read was that the food took too long, then you may need to read again. Just because I criticize doesn't mean I'm attacking the place so don't attack me. I want to go back, I just hope to have a way different experience WHEN not if I return. I've spent ridiculous amounts of money at Kanpai, I like Jayson as a person, support new local business, I'm a business owner, foodie, and I would be regular at this restaurant if they get better. I was giving a play by play of a bad experience, if you don't like it, eat my pulled pork.:)
yuck

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

I was there and seen a lady working there with dark long hair. Grabbing food going to a table with her bare hands. They had the tacos out on the wrong plate I guess. I was grossed out and left. Service sucked and the food was to expensive for taco johns or Taco Bell quality
Service sucked

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

My bf & I went lastnight.There were no regular seats,so the owner came to us & said we have these nice theatre seats,when we got there the seats were dirty & the trays they pulled up in front of us were too.We waited 30 min for our food,the owners wife came up to us & apologized making small talk & excuses why the wait was so long,she offered us chips & queso,but when the chips came out they were very greasy.Our food came out 25 min later,& it wasn't even warm,the owner came up asked us how everything was,& my bf complained to him,because he wasn't happy at all,so the owner gave us a free meal on our next visit after July 5.We may wait until the newness wears off before we use it,maybe the service & quality of the food will be better.
save your money

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2014

Was there today. Wait was crazy long. Why ? Brocade there is only 10 tables in side the place. Wth? 10 tables. The service sucked. No one seemed to know what was going on. No refills. Never got part of our food. I was not impressed at all a lot of employees walking around not really doing anything. The owner walking around in circles. Food was greasy and cold. So save your self the time and wait. Go to Los bravos better food and a lot less money.
LMAO

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2014

If I want a greasy taco then I would just go to the Pony Club!
hmmm

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2014

Why would it take so long when there is not that many tables? Tacos are not that hard to make. I will give it a try and find out for myself if this restaurant sucks or if it passes
cheapskate

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2014

I went there and the food was ok the service was not

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

129 Users are viewing the Evansville Forum right now

Search the Evansville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Child support 8 min Support 22
AT&T Call Center Memoirs 13 min sunshine 3
alicia lile (Dec '12) 34 min ThatOneULove2Hate 12
Dope houses 41 min The Dude 28
Great friend with benifits 53 min Hello 7
where is tiffany (star) from pony 1 hr js 22
Berry plastics clash of clans 1 hr berry 10
joelle lockwood 1 hr Yeah 59
shut down Sara best daycare 6 hr Brittyboo 55