optics or iron sights

Newburgh, IN

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Preferences and why?
honest

Evansville, IN

#2 Mar 31, 2013
well, there are obvious advantages to each. i need the scope for shots 200 yds and up. for a closer shot with the target moving, i will take my iron sights everytime
just wondering

United States

#3 Mar 31, 2013
I go iron on all mine right now. I just recently thought about a reflex for my ak.
One

Evansville, IN

#4 Mar 31, 2013
I prefer a 1-4x..if you ever had to use the rifle for defense, it would most likely be under 50yrds. But having some magnification is useful in case the situation called for longer distances. However engaging someone at over 300 yards is not going to happen, I don't believe.
realtalk

Duluth, GA

#5 Mar 31, 2013
I have a optic with flip up iron sights on my ar. Thinking about taking it all off for a nice scope.

Newburgh, IN

#6 Mar 31, 2013
It's a civil world engaging 300yds is unlikely unless you're a looney. But at Red Brush rifle range I can consistently hit the 300yd steel gong with my Bushmaster iron sights. I don't feel the need for a scope personally although I recently have a wild hair for a red dot on my Romanian AK because I bought a 75rd Chinese drum last October. Thought that would be the perfect CQB setup

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill montgomery 6 min Elliot 3
people in Evansville that spread sexually trans... 9 min watchout 3
lucus oil over filled my oil and transmission 20 min almighty 550 11
Is Organo Gold legit or a scam? (Jul '12) 20 min RiccardoFire 1,549
HEATHER child molester DEVAULT (Dec '12) 29 min almighty 550 33
Lindsey R. DeVault (Nov '13) 35 min almighty 550 29
Ryan Leach 36 min Yup 2
More from around the web

Evansville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE