Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2006

Judged:

Jehovah's Witness had their latest convention in evansville. So many lost souls given to this evil cult!
None

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2006

Judged:

I have known a few people in this cult. It has really messed up their lives. This trully is an evil cult!
Bstraub

Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2006

Judged:

I had a close relative whose family was JW. I was very close to her. She got pulled in by her husband. She died and the funeral was so sad. They creamated her body which is fine but the ashes were dispersed before the funeral. There were no photos and basically nothing to represent her. The funeral was an advertisement for JW. I have never forgave her husband for that. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life! I never got a chance to say goodby and I am bitter about it!

Their kids have been so controlled. They have never been allowed to participate in school parties, school activities, or anything else outside JW. They are not allowed to go to college. Evidently this rule is based on which group you are with and how much control they have on the group. This is the sadest group of people I have ever seen and I hold their father responsible for ruining their childhood.

Funny thing is they will not celebrate birthdays but the day after their birthday is always some sort of celebration including gifts. They won't celebrate Christmas but late that evening they will come after the "celebrating" is over, accept their gifts and eat the food. They are the biggest buch of 2 faced.......
Anon

Covington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2006

Those people are some of the most close minded people I have ever seen. I feel sorry for their children! Many have compared them to islamic extremest but at least they stay to themselves and don't take their child abuse and other issues outside their group.
Corey Castiglione

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

Judged:

Myself and my other 5 siblings were all raised JW. Not one of is now, but our mother still is. I am Athiest, not just because of JW however. We all went with out joining school activities, parties, Christmas etc...I think it is a truly evil cult. Somehow I wish I could get through to my mother, but she even split the family up because my father wouldnt convert.
TEDDY FROM DELAWARE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2007

Judged:

I don't like to criticise any group that talk about God, you may not understand what they pratice, let God be the judge.
Anonymous

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

Judged:

Cult - Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices. I have a question for all of you. Why exactly do you label Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult? What vile and obscene things do you "see" them practice? They do not follow a human leader. They do their best to live by Bible standards and serve God to the full. God is their only leader. You should attend their meetings and ask them about their religion before you just start saying these things about them. If you really do want to learn more about them, they would be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult. I know some Jehovah's Witnesses that are truly good people, and they do their best to please God. You must remember though, that all are imperfect and all are sinners. So you cannot expect Jehovah's Witnesses to be perfect individuals. True Jehovah's Witnesses, do however, try their best to do what's right and practice things that they learn from the Bible. You should just talk to them.
bigtone12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

Judged:

Fake religion.JW do not even celebrate christmas, the birth of christ.
Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

Judged:

Started by a murderer and a child molester. Bunch of scamers.
HonestTruth

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

Judged:

JW's strictly prohibit blood transfusions. I have a cousin and spouse who are a JW's and when their child became ill the doctors told them the surgery would most likely require blood transfusions. They had talked with former JW's and was told if they allowed tranfusion they would be shunned and excommunicated. They were also told if one parent agreed it would be possible for plans to be made to "kidnap" the child out of the hospital before the transfusion would take place. My cousin and spouse told the JW's they was taking a job several thousand miles away so the child could discreetly receive medical treatment without the church knowing. When the child was young they played a clever little game called "secret scars" which taught the child not let anyone know about the surgery.

My cousin now tells me there is a big contoversy within the ranks of the JW's where many children have been molested by church elders. They have rules and regulations they follow concerning investigation. But these rules and regulations are designed so that someone has to be caught redhanded in the act of molesting a child to be tried. These rules and regulations also forbid the crime to be reported to secular law enforcement agencies.
Rachel

Union Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2007

Judged:

Bstraub wrote:
I had a close relative whose family was JW. I was very close to her. She got pulled in by her husband. She died and the funeral was so sad. They creamated her body which is fine but the ashes were dispersed before the funeral. There were no photos and basically nothing to represent her. The funeral was an advertisement for JW. I have never forgave her husband for that. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life! I never got a chance to say goodby and I am bitter about it!
I don't blame you for being bitter!
Bstraub wrote:
Their kids have been so controlled. They have never been allowed to participate in school parties, school activities, or anything else outside JW. They are not allowed to go to college. Evidently this rule is based on which group you are with and how much control they have on the group. This is the sadest group of people I have ever seen and I hold their father responsible for ruining their childhood
He does sound like he is ruining their childhood. I hope his kids don't continue with this.
Bstraub wrote:
Funny thing is they will not celebrate birthdays but the day after their birthday is always some sort of celebration including gifts. They won't celebrate Christmas but late that evening they will come after the "celebrating" is over, accept their gifts and eat the food. They are the biggest buch of 2 faced.......
I completly agree with you.
Anon

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

When my JW friend died, they put off medical treatments. When he died he was cremated and was not at the "funeral". The "funeral" turned out to be a JW advertisement for all the non-JW in attendance. It had nothing to do with my friend. A couple of us were ready to punch some ones lights out! It was the saddest thing I had eve been through!
HonestTruth

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

Anonymous from United States wrote:

"Cult - Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices. I have a question for all of you. Why exactly do you label Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult?"

Yes cults follow living leaders and this also applies to JW's. If you are a JW and you do or say something contrary to JW doctrine someone in a leadership position will correct/discipline you. One will either follow church leadership as dictated by that leadership or will suffer expulsion from the church.
Rachel

Union Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Anon wrote:
When my JW friend died, they put off medical treatments. When he died he was cremated and was not at the "funeral". The "funeral" turned out to be a JW advertisement for all the non-JW in attendance. It had nothing to do with my friend. A couple of us were ready to punch some ones lights out! It was the saddest thing I had eve been through!
I'm sorry to read about your friend. I would be very upset with that as well. I hope you made your feelings known about how insensitive they were. If it's of any comfort; they probably did more harm than good for their cause.
Rachel

Union Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

HonestTruth wrote:
Why exactly do you label Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult?"
Because JW act like they are in a cult.
HonestTruth wrote:

Yes cults follow living leaders and this also applies to JW's. If you are a JW and you do or say something contrary to JW doctrine someone in a leadership position will correct/discipline you.
Let's put it this way; correct/DISIPLINE says it all. There is no rationalizing you guys which is why I have little respect for you, I also have little respect for you because you have little respect for other's. I have witnessed it myself.
Rachel

Union Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

correction

*there is no rationalizing WITH you guys.....*
None

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

Rachel wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry to read about your friend. I would be very upset with that as well. I hope you made your feelings known about how insensitive they were. If it's of any comfort; they probably did more harm than good for their cause.
Like you said there was no rationalizing with them. We all pretty much just left because the alternative was not looking pretty. The cult was started by a child molester and a murderer and the scam just keeps changing as the cult gets larger. They never envisioned it would be this large so they keep finding was to accept more people. It's sad; real sad. At least they are not like Muslims whose society teaches children to become mortars. 25% of American Muslims condone the violence. Not a pretty world.
Rachel

Union Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Judged:

None wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you said there was no rationalizing with them. We all pretty much just left because the alternative was not looking pretty. The cult was started by a child molester and a murderer and the scam just keeps changing as the cult gets larger. They never envisioned it would be this large so they keep finding was to accept more people. It's sad; real sad. At least they are not like Muslims whose society teaches children to become mortars. 25% of American Muslims condone the violence. Not a pretty world.
I agree with you 100%. I know I certainly do my part by speaking up against there belief system. I will not give them the time of day. I will raise my kids into not giving them the time of day. And so on and so on. There is no rationalizing with them, and they show that over, and over again. Quite sad to have such a narrow mind if you ask me.
Janitor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Anonymous wrote:
Cult - Today, the term is applied to groups that follow a living leader who promotes new and unorthodox doctrines and practices. I have a question for all of you. Why exactly do you label Jehovah's Witnesses as a cult? What vile and obscene things do you "see" them practice? They do not follow a human leader. They do their best to live by Bible standards and serve God to the full. God is their only leader. You should attend their meetings and ask them about their religion before you just start saying these things about them. If you really do want to learn more about them, they would be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Jehovah's Witnesses are not a cult. I know some Jehovah's Witnesses that are truly good people, and they do their best to please God. You must remember though, that all are imperfect and all are sinners. So you cannot expect Jehovah's Witnesses to be perfect individuals. True Jehovah's Witnesses, do however, try their best to do what's right and practice things that they learn from the Bible. You should just talk to them.
The first mention I saw of the JW's as a cult, on this blog had the name Anonymous on it. Are there two of you? I know a lot of good people who are JW's I worked for one and he was a good boss. I live in a neighborhood that is largely JW. They don't bother me. I've never noticed they do anything different than anyone else, and if they are cultish, in that they stick to themselves, that's their business. Always wonder why people form a pecking order and go after whoever they deem to be lesser than themselves.
None

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2007

Judged:

When you watch family members sucked in, you watch them play games. They don't participate in Christmas but they show up Christmas evening after the "celebration" is over to collect their gifts. They don't celebrate their child's birthday but they always have an unrelated celebration the day after with gifts.

You watch them retreat from the family, give their life savings away, refuse medical treatment, and turn a funeral into a JW recruitment event.

You would expect people to speak their mind! And frankly a name like "Janitor" is the same as anonymous except by using anonymous people make a statement that they don't have to make up a name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Evansville Forum right now

Search the Evansville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
wtf women 6 min happyinlove 7
Neck tattoos 6 min Opinions 16
Paul Riddle 12 min MD for Life 11
Lee Jorgensen 14 min hmmm 10
Am I too old for a belly ring? (Jun '13) 17 min hello 40
Black LMT in Evansville 18 min iufan9 1
White boys that love Black girls (Jun '13) 19 min hello 408
Kaveonta Lee. 7 hr yo 16
shut down Sara best daycare 10 hr steve 45