First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Amy

Kent, OH

#121 Feb 1, 2013
TrUtH wrote:
<quoted text>
Your father could have done a better job saving money. Everyone is in control of their own situations.
Could have done better with a $100,000 hospital bill? I was an expensive baby- three weeks in the NICU. So, yes, please tell me more about how my father could have "done a better job saving". Just because you are in control of your situation doesn't mean it's always going to be awesome.
be real!!!

Newburgh, IN

#122 Feb 1, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Could have done better with a $100,000 hospital bill? I was an expensive baby- three weeks in the NICU. So, yes, please tell me more about how my father could have "done a better job saving". Just because you are in control of your situation doesn't mean it's always going to be awesome.
That's when insurance would have came in handy. If you are over 21 years old and don't have insurance you really need to understand you are playing with fire. Anything can happen why not be prepared.
TrUtH

North Royalton, OH

#123 Feb 2, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>Could have done better with a $100,000 hospital bill? I was an expensive baby- three weeks in the NICU. So, yes, please tell me more about how my father could have "done a better job saving". Just because you are in control of your situation doesn't mean it's always going to be awesome.
FACE!
Amy

Tucker, GA

#124 Feb 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>
That's when insurance would have came in handy. If you are over 21 years old and don't have insurance you really need to understand you are playing with fire. Anything can happen why not be prepared.[/QUOTE]

This was the 80's, so I'm not sure what the insurance laws were at the time- but I do know insurance only pays so much. You can be as prepared as you want to be, but something can always go wrong.
who!

United States

#125 Feb 2, 2013
Amy wrote:
[QUOTE who="be real!!! "]<quoted text>
That's when insurance would have came in handy. If you are over 21 years old and don't have insurance you really need to understand you are playing with fire. Anything can happen why not be prepared. "

This was the 80's, so I'm not sure what the insurance laws were at the time- but I do know insurance only pays so much. You can be as prepared as you want to be, but something can always go wrong.
That's very true something can always go wrong. Like the fact that when my mother had cancer her insurance paid 90% of the bills still leaving her and my father with over 18000$ in bills but they budgeted for it and payed on it and will pay on that for many months to come. Adults have to be prepared for everything If I lost my job today I could live off of my saving, 401k and my Roth IRA for over 6 months without worry. I am prepared just in case something bad happens.
fa shizzle

Florence, KY

#126 Feb 5, 2013
4th wrote:
<quoted text>
How does the 4th Amendment apply to this. The 4th is unreasonable search and seizures. This is a volunteer program. If you want money then you must follow the guidelines and process. I'm sure they make you fill out an application. Is this against the Bill of Rights??? It's a volunteer program so they are not illegally searching or seizing the person or property. I think they should do this with all government programs. It would save us all a lot of money.
i agree with you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacey May Meterologist 5 min Hard 1
Monica Embry (Nov '12) 15 min Really 17
Brittany knight 19 min Old friend 1 13
Mallory Howard 43 min laserfrog 2
Crossdresser 1 hr GirlyCD 1
Single 2 hr Kinlavin 8
local girls on backpage (Apr '15) 2 hr everybody kno 22

Evansville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance