Sick of natural hair girls all over YouTube!!

Posted in the Evansville Forum

LellzIsMyLoverz

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Most of these chicks need to transition into a diet and workout regime then worrying about how nappy their hair will turn out once they decided to cut off their raggedy ends. Bitch stop worrying about if you can't get a ninja with your nappy hair. Obviously there is something else wrong with you if you can't get a ninja with your raggedy see through ends, so having nappy (natural) hair is the last of your worries.

I use to love watching natural hair videos about 2 yrs ago because they weren't saturating yt, now every bitch want to go natural, then make dumb ass videos crying about how disappointed they were their hair turned out so nappy. Either suck the shit up and deal with it, or perm that shit and KIM. Don't no body want to see you making videos of you crying about your hair.
Yep

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Dec 19, 2012
I agree and my issue is every chick wants to have hair like Tracey Ellis Ross... wants to "define their curls"...buying $30 of curly custard crap to make em think they got the good good....

bitch STFU...if you are so proud to be nappy, then stop trying to act like you got exotical hair... 4Z hair is nothing to be ashamed of.
Happy

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Dec 19, 2012
Funny. I don't really see all of that.

I see the, "OMGEEE going natural is the best thing that ever happened to me. I wanna thank GOD for errthang. Being natural is putting a roof over my head, feeding my children, and I pray to it every night" type of videos. The ones that take hair TOO seriously. Then they play Jill Scott or Ledisi in the background, wear wooden, African print earrings, burn incense in the background, say "sistas" after every sentence, and only use shea butter and water as moisturizers lol. They make it a lifestyle which is a turn off to me.
yeaokay

Evansville, IN

#4 Dec 19, 2012
WOW, is this really a discussion. Here's an idea, stop complaining and stop watching. I'm byracial and went natural and I could care less about the next chicks natural, soooo take a hint, there are plenty of other entertaining videos on the tube.
Richele

Duluth, GA

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Yep wrote:
I agree and my issue is every chick wants to have hair like Tracey Ellis Ross... wants to "define their curls"...buying $30 of curly custard crap to make em think they got the good good....
bitch STFU...if you are so proud to be nappy, then stop trying to act like you got exotical hair... 4Z hair is nothing to be ashamed of.
Yes! This is my issue with the whole "natural community" I think sometimes they get too obsessed with curl patterns. Give me a break.
I want to go natural because my hair is thinning, and I need to think about the long-term health of my scalp. I think I will flat iron my hair weekly once I cut off the relaxed ends.
lol

Evansville, IN

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Look at the haters:-) don't like don't watch duh
Natural

Duluth, GA

#7 Dec 19, 2012
I've been wearing my hair natural for a little over 10 years now. I didn't do it because of some 'spiritual awakening'. I did it because I had a difference of opinion of how I wanted my hair styled compared to what my hair stylist at the time wanted to do with my hair which caused a little tiff between the two of us. So I didn't go back to that person and didn't really feel like investing time and money into finding another hair stylist so I just went natural. This way I don't have to depend on anyone else to do it.
Blkchynadoll

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Dec 19, 2012
Yep wrote:
What is wrong with using a curly pudding??

Curly puddies enhances your natural texture. If you have 4 z hair, your hair is not going to look like 3a hair because of curly pudding.

What is "exotical" hair?

While most Blacks have nappy hair, some don't.
Kate

Evansville, IN

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Then don't watch the videos.
Alwayssmiling

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Dec 19, 2012
Im half jamaican half bahamian I'm not sure if this has anything to really do with my hair but if I go without a perm for a couple months my hair literally starts to lock up. I wear weave bc with a baby, a career, and school, plus trying to start a non profit organization ( & keep my man lol) I don't have time to play with my hair. Weave is convenient for me so I can get up and go, but clearly that's not the case for all. I think the natural thing is cute, but I don't like the heifers who look down at chicks who wear weave like we're letting white people manipulate us. The perm was invented by a black women.
DPG

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Dec 19, 2012
Yep wrote:
Lol! Im glad you said this. This is the problem that I have with these people. Some of us don't have hair that can be defined. I have "4z" hair and I could care less about looking like 'I have indian in me'. I just want my hair to be moisturized, healthy and detangled and I will be fine.
Wow Really

Boonville, IN

#12 Dec 20, 2012
What's confusing to me is that while some are voicing their opinion's about natural yt videos this whole convo gets negative and put others down what does diet or anything have to do with the fact that you don't like the videos? Even though I do not agree with the whole going natural is a life style change I have learned a lot about caring for my natural hair. I think that the reason some women are apprehensive about their natural hair is because in society having natural hair is known as a negative these women are referred to as "nappy" ect. that's just the way they deal with there low self esteem (we all are human and have flaws). While it is important to embrace whatever texture you have be it "nappy" or "good hair". And whats wrong with wanting to define your curl pattern? If you got it define it, if not find what works for you.I'm just saying it is possible to state ones opinion without putting the next person down.
Uknow

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Yep wrote:
There is a youtube video basically saying, just because the name is Curly Custard, doesn't mean it will make your hair curl. If you have 4XZY hair, NO product will make it 3ab. Embrace what you have.

I think to be a good Natural Hair youtuber, you need to be consistent. YouTuber Taren, I used to follow, but had to unsub after she was doing the most - chopping it off, wearing a wig, chopping it off again, now promoting some Energy business and chat with the fellas stuff.
ugh

Duluth, GA

#14 Dec 20, 2012
Sounds like u watched the natural video a got jealous im so going natural
DeseDays

Kissimmee, FL

#15 May 20, 2013
ugh wrote:
Sounds like u watched the natural video a got jealous im so going natural
Its true haters gon hate. If u mad dnt search up the vid nd buy a comb. Arent u ashame when other race b like she need a weave. Or even needing da weave nt that theirs anything wrong wth weave. The fact that us black girls are actually learning and trying our inner culture of
Hair is a problem? The fact we know now we can grow out our is the problem? I do think this topic was brought up out of jealousy. If u dnt like the videos nd dnt find them useful den stop fucking looking them up.
DeseDays

Kissimmee, FL

#16 May 20, 2013
Stfu and buy yo azz a comb nd stop using horse hair
Shay

United States

#17 May 20, 2013
Right this topic is so IRRELAVENT the topix forum as a whole... Why did you create it? For someone to be tired of all the natural hair girls on YouTube YOU sure was interested in them enough to make a discussion about them... Natural Idiot!:)
MookieNEm

Stillwater, OK

#18 Sep 23, 2013
Well, let's see...there are a few high quality, educational, revenue driving videos on natural hair serving the purpose of kickin' knowledge on how to take care of the hair God gave us. At the other end of the spectrum we have the poorly produced videos with the shots of products where you can't read the label because uuummmm, THE LABEL IS RECORDED BACKWARDS! And let's not forget about the videos with the undergarments hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Sounds like you been wastin' yo time watching the the latter and for that reason I understand your frustration. Meanwhile, sort through the junk and support the ones using their skills and expertise to make money. Besides, the hair industry at large is gettin' paid billions of dollars per year off of us. Why not show some love for the "sistas" who are smart enough to reshuffle the deck so some black folk can get paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexiest dread head in tri-state 19 min jellyhead 12
trevor weaver 31 min lib 1
Don Davis 36 min Karen 9
Ashley Berry 3rds 1 hr NoLife 8
I just wanna talk s#%! 2 hr huh 3
Rikki Bond (Dec '13) 4 hr Gates 17
Shawna Franks 4 hr Gates 13
Evansville Dating
Find my Match

Evansville Jobs