Ok so you're on a date and it's time for the man to pay,

Posted in the Evansville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chelsea

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Oct 20, 2013
he doesn't have enough money for both of you or he does but doesn't pay your portion of the bill. Has this ever happened to you on a date? A guy takes you out but only pays for himself not you? What did you do? I wanna hear your stories!

Yes, this has happened to me. I was set up on a date with this guy. We talked on the phone for about 2 weeks. We went to the movies and he only had the money to pay for his ticket. I laughed! I literally laughed out loud. I paid for my ticket and went to find a seat to sit by myself (because at this point it is no longer a date...I don't do dutch). This n3gro followed me up and down that theater and had the nerve to sit next to me. I didn't say a word the entire time and never spoke to him again.

Your turn
honest

Evansville, IN

#4 Oct 20, 2013
I depends on who asked who on the date. If he asked you then he should pay, but if you asked him then you should not expect him to pay and actually, you should pay for him. Whoever thinks it's the man's obligation to always pay for a woman really has a messed up way of thinking. Women are not entitled to a "free date" all the time. If it was just a general conversation where "going to the movies" was a suggestion then you both should pay your own way. MEN HATE WOMEN WHO EXPECT THEM TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME (just so you know)
woops

United States

#5 Oct 20, 2013
So youre basically admitting youre a prostitute?
hmm

United States

#6 Oct 20, 2013
Omg!! I'm soooo glad someone else has experienced this!! I met this guy online and he asked me repeatedly to go out on a date with him. He did pay for the first date which I don't think he intended to. He then asked me to go out to eat AGAIN! So, we get to the restaurant and he says, "How much is it to eat here? I don't have a lot of money." So, I say, Oh well we can go somewhere cheaper." He said, no and we were seated. We get to the table and he says, "I just don't know how much money I have on me." At this point I'm annoyed because, he begged to take me out and can't afford the bill. I feel like this, I make my own money and can take myself out. If you are trying to date me and possibly make me yours then, yes the man should always pay in that case. If we've been friends for a while then we can go Dutch or I may spot him.
What makes it even worse is this crazy fool thought he was going to get a kiss etc!!! I don't think so! Ugh now I'm mad all over again. Lol
A Fan

Evansville, IN

#7 Oct 20, 2013
I would never expect a woman to pay for anything on a date. Women you need to raise your standards, but I guess this is Topix and at least half of these posts are because Evansville women have No standards.
The man

Evansville, IN

#8 Oct 20, 2013
If you take a woman out, men you pay for everything! I just have to laugh at some of these comments! Ladies swag doesn't pay the bills! Lol. I would never let a lady pay for anything I don't care if we are just friends! But that's just how I am. Some of you boys need to put in some ot at mikey d's! Lol
hmm

United States

#9 Oct 20, 2013
The man wrote:
If you take a woman out, men you pay for everything! I just have to laugh at some of these comments! Ladies swag doesn't pay the bills! Lol. I would never let a lady pay for anything I don't care if we are just friends! But that's just how I am. Some of you boys need to put in some ot at mikey d's! Lol
I don't go for guys that have that "swag look". I was in utter disbelief when I had to pay for my meal. It was just Chinese, so not expensive at all. If you can't afford the meal at the moment, wait to ask me out! Don't try to date me and make me feel like I'm not worth a 10$ meal. I'm sorry but, it turns me off. The problem is that these girls give everything away for free. They have no class and don't know the definition of self respect. I love being treated like a lady. It's hard to even find a man to hold a door, surprise with flowers, kiss your hand while saying goodnight, etc. I'm not blaming all men and I know women need to step it up too. Maybe, I need to go for older men and leave these young boys alone. lol
The man

Evansville, IN

#10 Oct 20, 2013
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go for guys that have that "swag look". I was in utter disbelief when I had to pay for my meal. It was just Chinese, so not expensive at all. If you can't afford the meal at the moment, wait to ask me out! Don't try to date me and make me feel like I'm not worth a 10$ meal. I'm sorry but, it turns me off. The problem is that these girls give everything away for free. They have no class and don't know the definition of self respect. I love being treated like a lady. It's hard to even find a man to hold a door, surprise with flowers, kiss your hand while saying goodnight, etc. I'm not blaming all men and I know women need to step it up too. Maybe, I need to go for older men and leave these young boys alone. lol
I would defiantly go older if I were you as well. Most young guys these days it seems have no clue how to treat a lady.
The man

Evansville, IN

#11 Oct 20, 2013
Seriously though your story is so crazy to me! I would be so embarrassed and ashamed to even try to pull that! lol
The man

Evansville, IN

#12 Oct 20, 2013
Baby if I were a single man I would take you by the hand and show you exactly how a lady should be treated! But I'm not so I wish you the best of luck finding a like minded man that will show you how you should be treated! There's others out there!
scoob

United States

#13 Oct 20, 2013
The man wrote:
<quoted text>
I would defiantly go older if I were you as well. Most young guys these days it seems have no clue how to treat a lady.
older is where its at!!!!!!
mimi

United States

#14 Oct 21, 2013
My husband never let me pay when we were dating. And I offered to go Dutch or pay on many occasions.
Who's paying should be discussed before you even go out. And there's discrete ways to ask. "How much are meals there I want to make sure I have enough cash on me?"
hmm

United States

#15 Oct 21, 2013
mimi wrote:
My husband never let me pay when we were dating. And I offered to go Dutch or pay on many occasions.
Who's paying should be discussed before you even go out. And there's discrete ways to ask. "How much are meals there I want to make sure I have enough cash on me?"
Well, when he begged, "I want to take you out", I assumed he wanted to treat me to a special date. No excuse, he was just a loser.
tommy

United States

#16 Oct 21, 2013
hmm wrote:
Omg!! I'm soooo glad someone else has experienced this!! I met this guy online and he asked me repeatedly to go out on a date with him. He did pay for the first date which I don't think he intended to. He then asked me to go out to eat AGAIN! So, we get to the restaurant and he says, "How much is it to eat here? I don't have a lot of money." So, I say, Oh well we can go somewhere cheaper." He said, no and we were seated. We get to the table and he says, "I just don't know how much money I have on me." At this point I'm annoyed because, he begged to take me out and can't afford the bill. I feel like this, I make my own money and can take myself out. If you are trying to date me and possibly make me yours then, yes the man should always pay in that case. If we've been friends for a while then we can go Dutch or I may spot him.
What makes it even worse is this crazy fool thought he was going to get a kiss etc!!! I don't think so! Ugh now I'm mad all over again. Lol
I will take you out
donnie

United States

#19 Oct 21, 2013
If i pay for the date i expect the girl to put out!!
wishya knew

Akron, OH

#20 Oct 21, 2013
I think you hoes are sorry! you shouldn't judge a man by how much money he has,as sometimes everyone has a downfall and struggles and that could of been his,or maybe the man was broke because he took care of home making sure his bills are paid?you never know someone's story and if you cant be there during a mans struggles you damn sure don't deserve to be around for his success! you never know you could have just dissed your soulmate over some paper!
u thirsty

Akron, OH

#21 Oct 21, 2013
sad thirsty chicks acten like they got good jobs and money aint a problem but not woman enough to foot a simple food bill?stop crying and sport that bill if you all that maybe dude wanted to test you and see how thirsty u was lmao
justsaying

Fishers, IN

#22 Oct 21, 2013
No matter what or who asked who on the date. You should always offer to pay or expect to pay. Women, it's not always a mans job to have to pay for everything every time. Some of you women are just looking for your next free meal. It's sad. I went on a date with a guy and when the bill came. I said, "heres half of the bill" he said, "no thats ok. I'll pay, but I'm glad you offered". I will never go on a date and expect not to pay for anything.
mimi

United States

#23 Oct 21, 2013
Wouldn't that be a red flag that he's begging you to go out? Or he's along how much the good is?
He may be really into but not have the money to be paying your way all the time.
If he's got a job, lives on his own, has his own car. He's probably living paycheck to paycheck to make ends meet.
Stock

United States

#27 Oct 21, 2013
I dated a guy for about a year and he would do the same thing! I always had to drive to his house or we would take my car. He had the money he was just a tightwad ! He would always complain about spending money

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's play a game....who's sellin meth 11 min pppp 31
Don't end up in a mausterbation session 13 min wowgoodluck 11
scores last night 16 min beer drinker 1
ameriqual faye henson 16 min mss 2
Video Game Stores?? 1 hr Bobby 1
whos Deuce Willett 2 hr Eight eight 2
keeping foodstamps and working 30 hours 2 hr wowgoodluck 10
Cristy Celaya (Jul '12) 14 hr Hahahha 24
Evansville Dating
Find my Match