Bartending At A Strip Club???? HELP!!

Bartending At A Strip Club???? HELP!!

Posted in the Evansville Forum

Miss Chocolate Drop

United States

#1 Aug 8, 2012
Okay, I'm in college and I bartend at a regular club out of town here abd there, but its been so slow...I was thinking about bartending at a strip club but that type of environment is not my thing. My thing is this...I'll bartend at a strip club ONLY if I get paid under the table, I don't want anything that could be documented that I actually worked at strip club. If I make it anywhere in my life, I just wouldn't want that to follow me. NEED ADVICE!
lollol

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2012
Stay at a regular club. No one is going to pay you under a table here that's a fact. Bartenders and waitresses go on the payroll I know I've been there they have to make it look legit so they don't have to claim all the stripper money. Plus wo knowing anyone you'll be waiting a while bc the line for those jobs and being a waitress is a mile long promise. You'll make more elsewhere.
lol

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2012
usually its the girls who are shaped like spongebob that bartend at strip clubs. they dont have the body to strip so they sell drinks thinking some of the money might roll their way
STOP

Washington, DC

#4 Aug 8, 2012
Some of them Sponge-Bob drink slingin' gals are good ppl without teeth which makes for great gummy action. you can get paid under da table if you go under the table to give some of those nasty mens some slob on da knob. don't worry, they will support you when you run for mayor
Well

United States

#6 Aug 8, 2012
Girl, which is it? "Not my type of thing" or "I will do it" when it suits you? Plenty of clubs pay under the table but its a high risk of the owner getting caught.
Bartenders, if good/great, create a following and they're tipped VERY nicely.
The downside is when you go to apply for loan, house, car.. you'll have to produce paystubs which means your manager or some one will have to "fake" them for you as a result of being "paid under the table".
So I say go for it. Just don't make it perm. Also, depending on your looks you'll make more money.
Afro Kock

Newburgh, IN

#7 Aug 8, 2012
The progression is ..

bartender.......... bartender at a stripclub..........dance topless one night..........full on stripper after touching that money for the first time......

You want to go down that route?
Lover

United States

#8 Aug 8, 2012
If a strip club will pay you under the table don't you think it may not be a great place to work? You have no recourse when your money is short, funny, or non-existant. And if it's sleezy enough for you to not want people to know you did it (not putting it on your resume) I'd think twice. Someone could find out other ways (see you, someone else tell them).

A strip club is not like the grocery store. It's not just that someone could find out you're working there. Something bad could ACTUALLY happen. Even small things like constant harassment could make the money not worth it. The patrons don't care if you are the stripper or the bar tender. If you feel uneasy now I can't imagine feeling more comfortable working under the table and with no right to breaks, not be harassed, your promised pay etc.

And isn't it a common narrative...the girl works in the strip club to get through college? You never hear of that girl EVER graduating!
lunar herds

United States

#9 Aug 8, 2012
Just take ur top off and swing around the pole
Yumi

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2012
I was a bartender and waitress at several strip clubs in different states during undergrad. I'm going back to school so I can get into a healthcare field. I haven't had any problems listing my past jobs. First, I got cash tips but most of the money came from credit card tips and that came in the form of checks. But it's not a big deal. Every strip club I have ever worked at has a different corporation name that goes on your checks, It's not the name that's on the side of the building. Like ASL Corp. or something like that. When people look at it they don't know it's a strip club unless they look it up.

Also, you can make BANK with this type of job. Even if the club is dead that night the dancers still drink and they tip for drinks. The money is more consistent than it is for the dancers. Sure they can make as little as $500 to $1000 one night but the next night they could leave owing house fee, tip out for house mom and make up/hair. Guys also try to talk to you more because the other girls are taking their clothes off and guys are always interested in the forbidden. You can get regular customers that come back to talk to you cuz they think you are their friend. Just keep talking to them and get them to run their bill up. They usually buy you drinks so If you work at a club that has automatic gratuity you make money for every drink you serve.
sweet like honey

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2012
dont drink and dont let the girls talk you into any "sidedeals"...ie running games on the patrons. And for god's sake dont fall for a stripper.....my brother did and now they married and living like Al/Peg Bundy....the black version.
Young Boss

United States

#12 Aug 9, 2012
Unless you like the feeling of random hard dicks pressed against your buttocks and hips whenever you leave the counter then I wouldnt suggest it..Ive been in strip clubs, and Im a dude..once youre in such an environment, any female in there is game.
Thing is, some of the strippers also work the bar and serve food as well.
Anna

Portland, OR

#13 Aug 25, 2013
I bartend at a strip club... it pays my bills and more. I've been bartending at a strip club for 3 years now, and now once have i ever danced. I'm told every night i work that i'm the prettiest girl in the club. I get asked constantly if i do private dances, or if im even a dancer. In which i reply "no." Long story short, bartending at a strip club isn't bad. You just have to have a backbone, be stern and know when to tell someone to bug off if they're crossing the line. Remeber you're not a stripper so don't act like one! but still present yourself as a sexy professional that knows how to make a kickass cocktail! I make bank, i have fun, i boss people, i take care of the dancers... Its a really fast paced and fun environment. PLUS the things guys will say to the girls at a strip clun will keep you laughing for days. I say go for it and apply for the job. It will build character.:)
Interested in Bartending

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Nov 18, 2013
Anna wrote:
I bartend at a strip club... it pays my bills and more. I've been bartending at a strip club for 3 years now, and now once have i eveqr danced. I'm told every night i work that i'm the prettiest girl in the club. I get asked constantly if i do private dances, or if im even a dancer. In which i reply "no." Long story short, bartending at a strip club isn't bad. You just have to have a backbone, be stern and know when to tell someone to bug off if they're crossing the line. Remeber you're not a stripper so don't act like one! but still present yourself as a sexy professional that knows how to make a kickass cocktail! I make bank, i have fun, i boss people, i take care of the dancers... Its a really fast paced and fun environment. PLUS the things guys will say to the girls at a strip clun will keep you laughing for days. I say go for it and apply for the job. It will build character.:)
How do I go about becoming a Bartender in a strip club here in Orlando? Should I walk in and apply? How tough is it to get a bar tending job in a strip club?

Thanks.
-interested
brown eyes

Mountain View, CA

#15 May 24, 2014
Do you know any club that would hire a out of state girl to work for them no matter what it is or how I fit it.
SweetieB

Raleigh, NC

#16 Jun 11, 2016
Yumi wrote:
I was a bartender and waitress at several strip clubs in different states during undergrad. I'm going back to school so I can get into a healthcare field. I haven't had any problems listing my past jobs. First, I got cash tips but most of the money came from credit card tips and that came in the form of checks. But it's not a big deal. Every strip club I have ever worked at has a different corporation name that goes on your checks, It's not the name that's on the side of the building. Like ASL Corp. or something like that. When people look at it they don't know it's a strip club unless they look it up.

Also, you can make BANK with this type of job. Even if the club is dead that night the dancers still drink and they tip for drinks. The money is more consistent than it is for the dancers. Sure they can make as little as $500 to $1000 one night but the next night they could leave owing house fee, tip out for house mom and make up/hair. Guys also try to talk to you more because the other girls are taking their clothes off and guys are always interested in the forbidden. You can get regular customers that come back to talk to you cuz they think you are their friend. Just keep talking to them and get them to run their bill up. They usually buy you drinks so If you work at a club that has automatic gratuity you make money for every drink you serve.
So, I have an interview at a strip club as a bartender. What do I wear?
Landlord

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jun 11, 2016
SweetieB wrote:
<quoted text>

So, I have an interview at a strip club as a bartender. What do I wear?
Very little
Job hunter

Springboro, OH

#18 Dec 31, 2016
Okay can you be in your early thirties if you are tan skinny and extremely good dancer... new in KY looking for a job in Lexington
willing

Oxnard, CA

#19 Jun 22, 2017
so how do you apply at a strip club to become a bartender ?>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney Franklin 4 min wannaknow 40
Samantha at jd byrider on 1st ave (Oct '15) 16 min Jwjw 12
How tiff 26 min Dal69 42
Scott Wilson 28 min Scott 11
Paul Neville 55 min Whatawasteofmoney 3
Say whats on your mind to that one you cant liv... 58 min Dont be shy 71
Tell me about when you didnt leave a tip 59 min AccordingToJim 39

Evansville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Evansville Mortgages