First Prev
of 3
Next Last
devastated

Evansville, IN

#1 Dec 12, 2012
Just found out I have hpv recently my doctor found a wart that I have to get frozen off. I'm in shock,angry,sad, I feel dirty. I been with my man for 6 years faithful the whole time. My doctor says there no way to know who gave it to who or when. I'm just devastated and confused. Can't stop crying. Any POSITIVE advice
lawless

Evansville, IN

#2 Dec 12, 2012
Aww hon don't feel dirty hpv is so common. Let me go double check with my friend who has it and I'll post again. Wanna double check what I'm about to say. But its not a ew gross dirty bitch type virus. I'd still hug you and be your friend if we knew each other. Ok, now I'm gonna go double check my info.
jamie

Evansville, IN

#3 Dec 12, 2012
It is devastating at first but you will be OK. They warts may or may not grow back and there is no cure but most women in their lifetime will get HPV just depends if you body fights it off or not. It's not like HIV . HPV is very common and there is no test for men so most people have it and don't know cuz many have no symptoms. You'll be fine
riverrat

Evansville, IN

#4 Dec 12, 2012
That can be caused by too much sex too. Or if you don't wash out afterwards . "Dirty sex" is what they call it
jeff

Evansville, IN

#5 Dec 12, 2012
HPV is common nothing to be ashamed of at least you know and can educated yourself a little more. My wife has it and its highly likely that I do too. We just have to play the cards were given.hang in there you will see that although its tough to come to terms with its not the end of the world. Life can still be great
aboo

Evansville, IN

#6 Dec 12, 2012
Someone gave it to me. It can cause cervical cancer because they found pre cancerous cells in my cervix. So I have to get checked out 3-6 months.
chelsea

Evansville, IN

#7 Dec 12, 2012
River rat you have no clue. You have had it at some point or will have it believe it or not. Its very common there is no cure but also many times no symptoms
:(

United States

#8 Dec 12, 2012
It's okay. I just found out two days ago that I have it, but not the wart kind. I ran out of the doctor's office crying. I feel so angry that someone gave it to me.
anonymous

Evansville, IN

#9 Dec 12, 2012
I found out I had I a month ago.I have accepted it but I'm still hurt and lost.didn't realize how many people actually have it too. Gives me a little hope. Hang in there
lawless

Evansville, IN

#10 Dec 12, 2012
Yup, that's what my friend said too except for the dirty sex thing. There's a ton of people that could have it and not know it. You could've had it for a while. Don't be ashamed it's not like you are a dirty person. I'm sorry you're so upset about it. I'd cry too and that's even knowing that it's not something to worry about that much.

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2012
I believe that there is a HPV epidemic in our town of Evansville...
truth

Evansville, IN

#12 Dec 12, 2012
HPV is like chicken pox and once you get it there isn't anything you can do but your body will cure itself and you'll never be able to get it again. I got the warts once and then they never came back. Don't worry hon. Guys never know they have it unless they get the warts or the girl tells them.
AnyoneKnowHim

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 12, 2012
I have HPV, but not the warts. I was really upset when I found out. I think my ex-husband gave it to me. When i told him, he tried to act like he didn't care and was like "I know I don't have it, cause I can't catch anything. I have special blood." I was like really? Your a dumba$$. I've had it for so long I just don't even think about it. The husband I'm currently with has been with me for 6 yrs., and he knows isnt upset over it. It dosn't ruin your life. Just alters it.
Devastated

Evansville, IN

#14 Dec 12, 2012
Thanks everyone for the kind words
infected

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2012
I have had it for four years and have never had any warts i have had cancerous cells that were treated and it isnt the end of the world

United States

#16 Dec 12, 2012
So what happens next? I found out about it two days ago. I mean she said they're probably going to have to freeze off the cells that are abnormal. I don't have warts. Am I going to have to deal with this the rest of my life?
AnyoneKnowHim

Lexington, KY

#17 Dec 12, 2012
I hate to break it to you, but its gonna be the rest of your life. Its something that will not ever go away.
knowhowyoufeel

Evansville, IN

#18 Dec 12, 2012
[QUOTE who=":("]So what happens next? I found out about it two days ago. I mean she said they're probably going to have to freeze off the cells that are abnormal. I don't have warts. Am I going to have to deal with this the rest of my life?[/QUOTE]
Had the same thing done,but they clipped the abnormal parts instead of freezing them off..and I go every 6 months to make sure its stabilized,basically just giving time for my body to fight off the infection. Just depends on your body and how it heals for the time to get rid of it.
truth

Evansville, IN

#19 Dec 12, 2012
It goes away. Really are you guys just that uneducated about it? You'll have to monitor it and sometimes it looks cancerous and isn't. Did they do a biopsy? Again HPV GOES AWAY ON ITS OWN after about two years.

Owensboro, KY

#20 Dec 13, 2012
[QUOTE who=":("]So what happens next? I found out about it two days ago. I mean she said they're probably going to have to freeze off the cells that are abnormal. I don't have warts. Am I going to have to deal with this the rest of my life?[/QUOTE]

Freezing off the abnormal cells isn't a huge deal. Had it done 12 years ago & never had a problem since. There's some cramping & discharge, but the pain is no worse than menstrual cramps. I'm sure you'll be fine. Praying for you guys for some peace of mind during all this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Side Bitches 4 min Montoya 9
180 cases of HIV in southern Indiana! ARE YOU P... 8 min Wow 19
I'm so sick of prego 8 min Gibson 7
fat bi girl 10 min imbi2 13
How much time do people get for escape from vccc? 19 min BondsmanBob 11
know what...you're in a pickle aren't you? 25 min hmoo 1
Where's the outrage? Jesse? Al? 25 min Retards 7
Sugar Daddy looking 2 hr Sugar Daddy 94
More from around the web

Personal Finance