slander and defremation of charachter on here

Posted in the Evansville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lisa Clayton

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

how does every one on here like that people can freely talk sooo much crap about you on here, or a loved one and they don't even use their real names....so it's not like you can get them for it legally. They can write that your loved one is a child molestor, rapist, dirty person, pos, and this site is not moderated enough to know to get this crap off....i am personally getting a lawyer today about a situation i have on here and going to see what we can do not only about having it removed from here, but also, to get the ip addresses to the people calling my family member a child molestor when he has never been convicted of it nor has he ever been accussed...i believe it is just another one of the things one of his discruntle ex's started about him and now well, it has gone too far and I am not going to lose my husband to depression over these dumbass lies that you people post on here
thanks for taking the time to read this...i will appreciate any input on this topic
Say what

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 17, 2013
 
Who put it up what is his name
mscherry

Bountiful, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I would agree. Once something is posted on the internet its out there and hard to erase. I would get a lawyer and get this site shut down, i have a good friend on here that was slandered and i'm pretty pissed myself. I wish you luck. And i think it's time for this crap to stop y'all, no one checks any garbage you say on here for facts and no one has a right to expose or even slander or defame another person. Grow the hell up people and get a life.

Since: Jan 13

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 17, 2013
 
Say what wrote:
Who put it up what is his name
I don't know how to figure it out who started the post but it is still on here asking if anyone knows shannon clayton and then these people wasnt just one tried saying he is a child molestor and me and his sister have both tried to get that off there because it is simply not true and once people say something like that is makes the whole world think of you differently.
soright

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 17, 2013
 
It is very hard to find out who these people are. Look, the police couldn't even get the right address at first when they were being threatened. If you can prove that none of what they said ever happened and that he has been "hurt" by the post, you can sue for slander. It is a civil matter most of the time. You don't necessarily need a lawyer. Maybe for the IP address, but you can file a claim in civil court for under a hundred dollars yourself. Goodluck

Since: Jan 13

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

thanks so much for the info....i will do what i think i need to at this point since they will not take it down obviously.
sara

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 17, 2013
 
If u want to get something taken off this site u have to make an account with Topix and then report abuse and it will get taken off right away. People r ruthless on here and this site should b taken down.
iagree

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 17, 2013
 
i agree--shut this website down!! i hate it!
Ratsass

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 17, 2013
 
If u hate this site why are u on it, I found my sons name on here last night, and the girls he dated have written awful things, it's like I told them! It makes them look bad number 1 because any girl that would discuss the things they did on this site are trash. 2 they are all showing they r just scorned and trying to get him back! But they r not cause he doesn't get on this site and the girl he chooses to be with will have more class than going to this site! Yes you can get each person who has said something bout you for slander, they are idiots they think they use a name they can't b traced. But they can! File charges against this site and they have to provide everyones name who has accounts. This is where I am . You say my son has a STD that's pretty serious, not true either so Bam ihave law suit! Go for it! If I get any info on leagle names for this site will post it
Icewater

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 17, 2013
 
Spoken words are slander, written words are libel. So you would be suing someone for libel not slander. It's nearly impossible to win a libel suit because you have to prove you have suffered irreparable lose or damage. Do what Sara says, create a topix account and then report them.
RiverBoatCapt

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 17, 2013
 
mscherry wrote:
I would agree. Once something is posted on the internet its out there and hard to erase. I would get a lawyer and get this site shut down, i have a good friend on here that was slandered and i'm pretty pissed myself. I wish you luck. And i think it's time for this crap to stop y'all, no one checks any garbage you say on here for facts and no one has a right to expose or even slander or defame another person. Grow the hell up people and get a life.
...u can't get the site pulled Down...cause now your tramping on my freedom of speech
RiverBoatCapt

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 17, 2013
 
lil_miss_priss1979 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know how to figure it out who started the post but it is still on here asking if anyone knows shannon clayton and then these people wasnt just one tried saying he is a child molestor and me and his sister have both tried to get that off there because it is simply not true and once people say something like that is makes the whole world think of you differently.
It's freedom of speech
stop it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 17, 2013
 
Learn to spell
growup

Bountiful, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 17, 2013
 
It crosses the line when it's libel, dumba$$. Freedom of speech, keep it but once you get sued for libel then maybe you'll understand what is going on. Idiot.
yeppers

Bountiful, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 17, 2013
 
stop it wrote:
Learn to spell
I agree. Too many people on here that don't know how too..lol.
jj jones

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 17, 2013
 
Say what wrote:
Who put it up what is his name
Who knows lol not this guy tho ;)
youincluded

Bountiful, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 17, 2013
 
I think you meant. to. not too. whoops. lol.
Ratsass

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 17, 2013
 
Why u worried bout spelling, bigger problem here, and for the captain who said freedom of speech , your an idiot! Lisa go to the bottom of the post it says reply on the right and report on the left. Tap report then put your name, email, phone number and tell them to remove that post because....... Tell them to block his name from this website or you will sue! They will remove the post quickly. I just went through this same thing last night.
RiverBoatCapt

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 17, 2013
 
Rats ass...I believe in my freedoms because I defended people like you for 10 years in the military as a member of seal team one
RiverBoatCapt

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 17, 2013
 
We have freedom of speech...but there is a sub level text....be prepared for exercising that right...the repercussions that come there after

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Evansville Forum right now

Search the Evansville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Tooth Fairy 6 min INO 10
Child support 14 min full time daddy 26
ameriqual girl gave me herpes 17 min itchy 1
Great friend with benifits 26 min truth 21
vinson 2 hr east side vet 1
Fallon Scmitt 2 hr east side vet 1
pay for sex 2 hr Naitik 3
joelle lockwood 8 hr ajc 66
•••
•••
•••
•••

Evansville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Evansville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Evansville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Evansville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••