First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wow!

Evansville, IN

#1 Aug 15, 2013
Me and my dad and my sister ate there tonight. Best meal I've had in years. And the wine list was frigging amazing. Support non corporate restaurants and give it a shot. Won't regret it. I'll be going back once a week for sure
hmm

United States

#2 Aug 15, 2013
Heard about it. Where is it?
mr nice guy

United States

#3 Aug 15, 2013
I've been here. It's fantastic. It's located in the old hootie hoots building in Newburgh. By the pizza king.
hmm

United States

#4 Aug 15, 2013
Is it super expensive? How do the prices compare to other places? Like Red Lobsters prices or like bonefish?
wow!

Evansville, IN

#5 Aug 15, 2013
It's definitely higher end on the price scale but it's the only place I've been that's worth it. Apparently all their steaks are cut in house and are never frozen and whatever their fish of the day is for the day is fresh from the day off. I got a 26 ounce porterhouse and it was massive. Well seasoned too. Best steak I've ever had in this town. Someone I was with got the red snapper or whatever the fish of the day was and I tried it and it was phenomenal too. I mean, it's not cheap but it's definitely worth the money, unlike red lobster or bonefish or cork and cleaver or other places in town
Its me

United States

#6 Aug 16, 2013
What is this? An advertisement? This whole thread sounds scripted
hmm

United States

#7 Aug 16, 2013
No it doesn't. You, however sound like an idiot...
mr nice guy

United States

#8 Aug 16, 2013
I know the owner. All steaks cut in house!!

And yea man you do sound like an idiot.
yum

United States

#9 Aug 16, 2013
I'd like to try it out for my birthday but I'm thinking I will go somewhere cheaper this time and try it out next month for my husbands birthday. Sounds amazing. I looked them up on Facebook. Those meals look so good.

“They see me trollin'...”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#10 Aug 16, 2013
I might have to give it a try. I'm always looking to add a new place to my "favorites" list.

Right now, I only have two:

Charlies Mongolian Barbecue on Diamond
El Charro on Sonntag

Good food makes me Dangerous
Cheesus

Ashland, VA

#11 Aug 16, 2013
Carlos Danger wrote:
I might have to give it a try. I'm always looking to add a new place to my "favorites" list.
El Charro on Sonntag
I love Charlies!
yum

United States

#12 Aug 16, 2013
Carlos Danger wrote:

El Charro on Sonntag

Ditto. Both are great!
lol

Evansville, IN

#13 Aug 16, 2013
Well they are both awesome. But I've never tried nw chophouse. But I'm a wine fanatic. How does their wine list compare with Biaggis or bonefish?
wo

Evansville, IN

#14 Aug 16, 2013
lol wrote:
Well they are both awesome. But I've never tried nw chophouse. But I'm a wine fanatic. How does their wine list compare with Biaggis or bonefish?
I'm a wine fan too. And they had wines I didn't even know we could get here. They had bottles in every price range. I can't remember what it's called... But whatever wine won wine of the year in 2010 was there but we didn't get it. It was easily the best I've seen with bonefish being second and Biaggis third
in the know.

Princeton, IN

#15 Aug 16, 2013
Carlos Danger wrote:

El Charro on Sonntag

Your taste in food sounds dangerous
ok

Princeton, IN

#16 Aug 16, 2013
Ok Nick or Kim we will give it a try. Just fyi . Topix isn't exactly the place to advertise the restaurant. Not quite the crowd you are looking for
We are Evansville

Evansville, IN

#17 Aug 16, 2013
Any advertising is good advertising.
wo

Evansville, IN

#18 Aug 16, 2013
Lol well whoever nick and Kim are... They've got a damn good restaurant. I left happy. And spreading positive info about your area is the exact reason topic was originally made. It's the trash that gets on here and messes up the reason for this that are "the wrong people" lol
well

Canton, OH

#19 Aug 18, 2013
I've been. I'll give you my review, for what it's worth.

I think the service was great, the staff seems to be experienced and well trained.

Crab cakes are the best in the city, it's not close and not debatable.

The steak I had was cooked perfectly and was seasoned well with decent flavor.

Here is my one gripe. You should consider a thicker cut of steak, even if you have to change your price point. The steak was good size but it was a wide, thin cut. Thick steaks sell, see house of como, though I'm not asking for quite that size.

To me this is critical for a great steak. I do not hold longhorn in very high esteem, but even they have a thicker cut.

I cannot comment on the wines as I do not drink wine, and as I said all the food I had was prepared very well
well

Canton, OH

#20 Aug 18, 2013
I would also look at adding a ny strip or porterhouse to the menu. Maybe I overlooked it, but I do not remember seeing either as an option.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Number 1 2 min reallynow 17
Yellow 2 min Spock 16
Amanda Lindsey 29 min IDFWU 2
Mark Nelson 30 min disgusted 4
Beware of Brucken Motors 1 hr keep it real 18
j Scott Myers 1 hr Snatch Badger 10
Shae Phillips 1 hr her cousin 2
Evansville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web