what tha

Boonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

What do you think? I think it should stay the same. just because minimum wage goes up doesnt mean gold value goes up. All it does is puts stress on our economy and forces the prices up on everything else.
Hell no

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Employer's will just hire less and the cost of goods will go up even more than they are. Young people have to start somewhere.
jdd1121

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

nope. it just increases inflation
b-rad

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Raising minimum wage puts more money back into the economy.
Bishop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Only 3 percent of our money is physical the other 97 percent only exists online so how will upping minimum wage cause extreme inflation and as for prices going up its supply and demand if more people can afford it and the supply is the same demand goes up and companies all make their money
Bishop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Wash rinse repeat send the money back out
what tha

Boonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

b-rad you have no idea what makes that money hold value do you? raising minimum wage does put more money into the economy but it also decreases the value of it... at the end of the week you will be able to buy less when minimum wage goes up. This is because the value of your dollar decreases.
ThisIsFun

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

People that make minimum wage are overpaid.
checks

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Raising minimum wage wont change the price of things as much as you think it will. Workers (currently making 7.25 at 40 hours a week) will see 70 more dollars a week. And lets say mcdonalds has 50 workers. That comes out to $3500 more a week in payroll. The average mcdonals has 10000 transactions a week. So you to compensate the average meal would be raised by 35 cents. This doesnt include tge fact that you will get more business because more people will have "extra" money. The downside is yes some smaller businesses could drop an employee or two because there profits will be cut into but so many larger businesses will need to hire more people becsuse of increase in business. I would also like to see a law allowing a business to pay someone under 18 an amount under minimum wage. I mean the majority of these people aren't paying bills with this money or doing anything constructive with it so I don't think they need a pay increase.(I know there is somewhat of a law here but very restrictive)
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

checks wrote:
Raising minimum wage wont change the price of things as much as you think it will. Workers (currently making 7.25 at 40 hours a week) will see 70 more dollars a week. And lets say mcdonalds has 50 workers. That comes out to $3500 more a week in payroll. The average mcdonals has 10000 transactions a week. So you to compensate the average meal would be raised by 35 cents. This doesnt include tge fact that you will get more business because more people will have "extra" money. The downside is yes some smaller businesses could drop an employee or two because there profits will be cut into but so many larger businesses will need to hire more people becsuse of increase in business. I would also like to see a law allowing a business to pay someone under 18 an amount under minimum wage. I mean the majority of these people aren't paying bills with this money or doing anything constructive with it so I don't think they need a pay increase.(I know there is somewhat of a law here but very restrictive)
it will inflate more than that. Your not thinking about the production plant,packaging plant,ect. All the minimum wage jobs before the product hit the store.that's a lot of money. It will really hurt small business. Lower wages for people under 18 is unconstitutional. They had a law for women back in the early 1900s for women. They said women were working for "pin money". Which ment hobby money. If what your wanting to do came true a lot of places would cut a lot of people that depended on types jobs for lower wage kids. It would do a lot of harm.
checks

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

lol wrote:
<quoted text> it will inflate more than that. Your not thinking about the production plant,packaging plant,ect. All the minimum wage jobs before the product hit the store.that's a lot of money. It will really hurt small business. Lower wages for people under 18 is unconstitutional. They had a law for women back in the early 1900s for women. They said women were working for "pin money". Which ment hobby money. If what your wanting to do came true a lot of places would cut a lot of people that depended on types jobs for lower wage kids. It would do a lot of harm.
A lot of people who work in a factory setting make more then minimum wage. And if it is unconstitutional to pay people under 18 under minimum wage then why can most movie theaters do it currently?
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

A lot of people yes but do all of them no. And a lot of immigrants work in packing and shipping plants that do make minimum wage. And there is an exception on the minimum wage for family owned business to protect small business. It spent have anything to do with age.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

I forgot about 15 year olds. 16 and over have to be paid minimum wage. But there are laws to how many hours they can work. I don't agree with it.
If your old enough to work you should make the minimum wage. The job doesn't change because of your age.
I like to play

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

the only people who will get a raise are the people making from minimum wage up to whatever they raise goes up to. if your making $10 now and it goes to $9 then your employer doesn't have to raise your pay.

checks, I agree I don't understand how the theaters are getting by with it. they must be classifying them as servers but to be a server you have to get tips. at a restaurant if you pay your server $2.50 per hour + tips and they work 40 hours per week. by law their pay must be at least minimum wage for the 40 hours.

by raising the minimum wage its common sense that the prices will go up to compensate. so those of us making more will suffer in the long run.
dont agree

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

youll are stupid it will help people to save more and if cable and lge can raise rates then minimum wage shld go up.
ThisIsFun

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

dont agree wrote:
youll are stupid it will help people to save more and if cable and lge can raise rates then minimum wage shld go up.
We're stupid? Look at what you just wrote!!! Lol
karioka

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

More people on welfare? YES PLEASE.
keke

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I believe that minimum wage should go up because people need more mney to survive. The cost of living and food is going up. Everything is getting so expensive. You have to chose between paying rent or buying food or gas. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. But increase will also make employers hire less people an maybe lay off. At the same time you have people mking 7.25 that really should be making 10.00 a hour or more because they are skilled and have a education. The people on disability ans ssi get a fifteen dollar raise every year and the people working are the ones paying for this. Some of these people don't deserve it, never worked a day in their life or they just acting.
keke

Tuscaloosa, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

True
checks wrote:
trolololol

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

cost of living will go up,so it really wouldnt change anything...stupids

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

145 Users are viewing the Evansville Forum right now

Search the Evansville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lacey claymier 7 min ABC 17
Berry plastics 3rd shift 9 min Ready 1
sara best daycare 13 min Curious 10
Bo Rushing that went to North High School (Mar '13) 16 min wtf 74
kyle moore 17 min lol 6
what happened to von gutter? 34 min quit it 8
Berry plastics clash of clans 46 min clash 4
•••
•••