Have U Ever Worked For Vector market...

Have U Ever Worked For Vector marketing?

Posted in the Evansville Forum

Juju

Evansville, IN

#1 Oct 5, 2012
What was it like?
B Woods

Evansville, IN

#2 Oct 5, 2012
Total pyramid scheme. I wanted a job so badly while I was a freshman in college, couldn't even get hired in retail, so I resorted to doing this. I thought it was totally legitimate when I first interviewed, after I figured you had to sale within this triangle type of thing, I knew then and there that it was a total scam. I feel sorry for the young people who actually took it seriously and put a lot of time and effort into that. Also, there was a workman's compensation lawsuit filed against Vector and I was apart of that for some weird reason. The plaintiff was suing them for something like 13 mil, but a lot of that was distributed to others as well as legal fees. What a crazy world we live in. Vector could thrive, if they would hire young people for trade shows to do promotions. That would work better than the pyramid sales scam that they have going on. Everyone knows that that doesn't work. The only people that will buy from you is your family.
lmao

Demotte, IN

#3 Oct 5, 2012
True.plus how many people do you think can afford to buy thousand dollar knife sets??its a scam.
Haha

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2012
My friend did. Lasted a full day and never went back. In 2012 who let's strangers with sharp knives into their homes??? No one.
Fjt

Florence, KY

#5 Oct 5, 2012
Juju wrote:
What was it like?
trust me when I say this scam scam and scam they hire inexperienced people but not experienced so they don't have to pay them trust SCAM
Candylipz

Evansville, IN

#6 Oct 6, 2012
A good friend of mine worked for them right after college. She was all mad at everybody because we wouldn't buy her stupid knives. I was like, I'm 21 and live at home, what the hayle I need with some $600 knives? She seriously caught attitude with her friends and family because we wouldn't bite. She went out driving around trying to sell to restaurants and burn up all her gas to come home with nothing, while I went to actual work and got a paycheck. I can't believe this company is still around.
Le Toya

United States

#7 Feb 21, 2014
Okay. Don't judge me :/ but I worked for them for almost 2 years.

They got me right out of high school, and I surprisingly sold a bunch of knives.
(Cutco is actually a good brand)

The problems I had came when they asked me to be a sales manager.
My District manager (head guy) was very demanding of time.

His mother was dying and he went back to his hometown every week to see her. This left me in charge (a 19 year old) of running interviews, training seminars, selling, calling reps after appointments, putting flyers on cars, etc. I literally never got a break.

Every time I felt like I was putting too much time in for such little gain, he would give me a coming to Jesus speech and make me feel like wasn't doing enough to justify my feelings ( "well look at your schedule, you're running 2 interviews this afternoon, and a team meeting later, so you have all morning to go on appointments and sell too!") it became too much after my father got sick and was dying, and he told me too bad his mother was dying too and he needed to be by her side.

That's when I realized he didn't give a crap about me just my sales and 12+ hour days running HIS business for like 20 bucks a day.
I was definitely naive during that time, but I had some good times working there too. The people equal to you aren't bad, but the higher up managers will use you til they can't use you anymore.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 21, 2014
I knew a girl who actually did extremely well selling these knives. She has awards and stuff for being #1 or some crap. She was Amish and sold to everyone.
Josh

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2014
I did back when I was fresh out of highschool. I made some quick money with it but then found a better business model. I have one friend who broke records there and he know works with me on the current projects I work on. If your looking to make extra income lemme know if you'd like to check out what we are working on. It's online marketing and distribution and you can sell pretty much everything from toothpaste to cellphone contracts. The knives are awesome but way over priced. Our marketing company is based on consumable goods. Which creates ongoing residual income. And since its all done from a smartphone you can work wherever you want and whenever you want. But you get paid strictly off volume 100% commission. We do the work for you until we help you make atleast $500 while you watch, and continue training you as your network grows. Reply back if you want to make some real dough and not have to go to people's houses and give presentations for very expensive knives to most people who have no money.
Josh

United States

#10 Feb 21, 2014
Le Toya wrote:
Okay. Don't judge me :/ but I worked for them for almost 2 years.
They got me right out of high school, and I surprisingly sold a bunch of knives.
(Cutco is actually a good brand)
The problems I had came when they asked me to be a sales manager.
My District manager (head guy) was very demanding of time.
His mother was dying and he went back to his hometown every week to see her. This left me in charge (a 19 year old) of running interviews, training seminars, selling, calling reps after appointments, putting flyers on cars, etc. I literally never got a break.
Every time I felt like I was putting too much time in for such little gain, he would give me a coming to Jesus speech and make me feel like wasn't doing enough to justify my feelings ( "well look at your schedule, you're running 2 interviews this afternoon, and a team meeting later, so you have all morning to go on appointments and sell too!") it became too much after my father got sick and was dying, and he told me too bad his mother was dying too and he needed to be by her side.
That's when I realized he didn't give a crap about me just my sales and 12+ hour days running HIS business for like 20 bucks a day.
I was definitely naive during that time, but I had some good times working there too. The people equal to you aren't bad, but the higher up managers will use you til they can't use you anymore.
Le Toya. Of you did good with Vector you may want to check out the projects I'm working on with a 12 Billion dollar corporation out of Michigan. Reply if you would like to check out some online info.
curious

Evansville, IN

#11 Feb 21, 2014
What company are you with josh? Amway? Or one of the other mlm business models? I won't send you an email as I have been there done that.
Josh

United States

#12 Feb 21, 2014
curious wrote:
What company are you with josh? Amway? Or one of the other mlm business models? I won't send you an email as I have been there done that.
Amway is the only 12billion dollar corporation which gives the average joe/Joann a opportunity to make allot of money so u guessed rite. I assure you you Havnt been there and done the way my team conducts business. Prices have been lowered, pay has went up, registration license has went down, no meetings, all business is conducted through phone/text/Internet. The average person I train makes $500 their 1st month working about 5-10 hours a week. I have been able to cut my work hours as a cemetery manager to partme because of it. And it took a solid income to be able to do that. Not trying to convince anyone but I am willing to help anyone who has ambition to get more out of life than just one source of income which is truly a pyramid scheme,(a JOB) which is structured as a pyrami just like any organization except you'll never make more than your boss.. I say job stands for just over broke because I don't know to many people working one that have money after they pay there bills. The more income sources the better. Amway is just one of the business I own. But it gave me the money to start 2 others and continues to grow. Especially in this broke economy more people are looking to make extra income than in the history of this great country we live in because today a job just don't cut it. Unless you have a professional position but then you spend most of your time slaving away at workable miss out on doing what means most to you. Amway is just a opportunity. You get out what you put in. I worked hard early on and now am reaping the rewards!
curious

Evansville, IN

#13 Feb 22, 2014
I was an IBO with amway for a year. I put in alot of hard work, effort, time and money to make nothing. I didn't even make enough to make up what I paid to get started. You have to have a really good paying, full time job to pay for all the conventions they have throughout the year. But by the time you work the hours at the full time job, you can't get time off to go to them. Amway's products are very good, but people want product in hand at the time of purchase and they do become pricey. That was what I constantly ran into. I had a great upline, but the economy around here sucks! So it was like pulling teeth to get customers. I love sales, but not when I had no product and no way to purchase it, therefore making no money. If you have the money to do it, amway is a great company, but people talk it up to be more than what it is. It's even harder to get people to start their own business with amway, when they see how hard and costly it truly is. I was in amway in 2011-2012, so how much has it changed? I see people who signed up not long before I did still struggling to make ends meet, but still believe in the amway dream of making millions of dollars, when that is a very good marketing ploy to get people to sign up. They entice you with telling you about all these young people who make a bunch of money, but the actuality of it happening are slim to none.
Josh

United States

#14 Feb 23, 2014
Everything has changed. It's all digital. Text me @ 8122508560 and ill send you out filtering videos. It's what our team uses to interview people to see if we are fit to work together. Who was your sponsor or upline platinum?
alyssa jochim

Owensboro, KY

#15 Feb 23, 2014
Don't ever work for them I did for a month and they with held two paychecks and said I never turned paperwork in when I did but they lost it so I couldn't get paid
Josh

United States

#16 Feb 25, 2014
You were hooked up with the wrong people. All the retail checks go on a card Amway gives you and the profits on there in 2 days
Josh

United States

#17 Feb 25, 2014
And there's 0 paperwork evolved now. Except for keeping track of your tax benifits
alyssa jochim

Evansville, IN

#18 Feb 26, 2014
Josh wrote:
And there's 0 paperwork evolved now. Except for keeping track of your tax benifits
Oh ok it's been like 3 years
Josh

United States

#19 Feb 26, 2014
alyssa jochim wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ok it's been like 3 years
In those 3 years the company went from 9 billion to 12 billion. They lowered prices and raised pay. Putting more emphasis on retailing product and fast track bonuses. So people can make money fast rite out the gate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haitians (May '12) 12 min Nice bootys 79
Tiffany Boyd aka Tipp 17 min Nasty 4
Missing my ex, even after 9 years 18 min VUBlazers87 1
Missing handicapped girl 30 min Lemonade 2,547
Kari elpers 39 min RudeAF 1
Kayla Renee knight moms Cheryl knight 41 min Easilyreplaced 1
Pony girls (Jan '15) 47 min ehh 30
People dressing up as clowns in Evansville. 1 hr Missss Sarah 32
Names of the locals who have overdosed on Heroin. 4 hr just me 79
Aleah group page hags 4 hr Kristie 105