Murder of Lisa Wong and Ben Doyle

Posted in the Evansville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HangMan

United States

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Does anyone have any info about the murder of Lisa Wong. Could her murder have a common link or person that was also questioned in the murder of Ben Doyle.
Kartman

Evansville, IN

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Who is Lisa Wong? Never heard of the murder.
old-school

Jeffersonville, IN

#3 Sep 28, 2012
HangMan wrote:
Does anyone have any info about the murder of Lisa Wong. Could her murder have a common link or person that was also questioned in the murder of Ben Doyle.
Where did these murders take place here in Evansville and what year my dad has been missing since 1980 .
Good luck finding answers to your question look where we are living and who we have (EPD) handling case like ours
theytry

Louisville, KY

#4 Sep 29, 2012
My friend was a cop till he died a few years ago. He was a good cop. He took things to bed with him that gave him nightmares. Everytime we talked he would bring up the murder by signal liquors many years ago. He was constantly working theories in his mind. He also had a child abuse case where the little girl died on the far eastside. He had surgery, but refused to take a leave of absence so he could testify against the parents who had abused and drowned the child. I don't know what kind of police there are now, but my friend was diligent. By the way, someone came forward and solved the signal liquor murder a few years ago. It was random. The hardest type of crime to solve.
Kartman

Evansville, IN

#5 Sep 29, 2012
theytry wrote:
My friend was a cop till he died a few years ago. He was a good cop. He took things to bed with him that gave him nightmares. Everytime we talked he would bring up the murder by signal liquors many years ago. He was constantly working theories in his mind. He also had a child abuse case where the little girl died on the far eastside. He had surgery, but refused to take a leave of absence so he could testify against the parents who had abused and drowned the child. I don't know what kind of police there are now, but my friend was diligent. By the way, someone came forward and solved the signal liquor murder a few years ago. It was random. The hardest type of crime to solve.
No I'm pretty sure that Signal Liquor murder is unsolved. I am related to the family by way of marriage.
old-school

Jeffersonville, IN

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Kartman wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm pretty sure that Signal Liquor murder is unsolved. I am related to the family by way of marriage.
Wat about the murder of David Moore he was shot and killed on Kerth Ave he was picking his son up from the babysitters. Does anyone remember if the EPD ever solved that one? Which by the way David was my Robert Meredith's good friend who has been a missing person and a father of 8 been missing since the early 80's talking with EPD only thing they told me over and over again was finding Ur dad is like believing in Santa Claus that's the type of cops we get to serve and protect us and I'm sure Guy Minus in charge of my dads case did very little to investigate the information that was given to him
hearditwassolved

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 29, 2012
Kartman wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm pretty sure that Signal Liquor murder is unsolved. I am related to the family by way of marriage.
I heard it was solved. I am pretty sure a guy from the neighborhood did it, but he was mentally incompetent. It was recently in the last few years.
maybenot

Louisville, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2012
hearditwassolved wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard it was solved. I am pretty sure a guy from the neighborhood did it, but he was mentally incompetent. It was recently in the last few years.
It looks like it is still unsolved. I am sure I heard something about it, but maybe it was just another dead lead.
backthen

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 29, 2012
old-school wrote:
<quoted text>
Wat about the murder of David Moore he was shot and killed on Kerth Ave he was picking his son up from the babysitters. Does anyone remember if the EPD ever solved that one? Which by the way David was my Robert Meredith's good friend who has been a missing person and a father of 8 been missing since the early 80's talking with EPD only thing they told me over and over again was finding Ur dad is like believing in Santa Claus that's the type of cops we get to serve and protect us and I'm sure Guy Minus in charge of my dads case did very little to investigate the information that was given to him
Back then, they had no way to track people like they do now. I know Guy Minnis and they taught cops to be abrupt back then, but now they have sensitivity training. They always think the person wanted to leave and if they have no way to track them, how do they know they didn't. Of course you know, but cops go on evidence. Sorry about your dad. I pray that you family has closure someday.
HangMan

United States

#10 Sep 30, 2012
old-school wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did these murders take place here in Evansville and what year my dad has been missing since 1980 .
Good luck finding answers to your question look where we are living and who we have (EPD) handling case like ours
Both in Evansville. Two females by the name Tracy and Cristy have been questioned by EPD for Ben's murder but nothing ever happened. I had heard that a guy named Les Vincent was married to Cristy might know something about both murders. He has a long history with the system. I did a search and he is on parole now for biting part of the face off a girl. Very SORRY to hear about your father. Hope one day you and your family will find closure.
Harry Henderson

Evansville, IN

#11 Sep 30, 2012
old-school wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the person that killed David Moore died in a car wreck years ago. I don't believe he was ever charged though. If you are talking about the guy that was going to pick his child up on Keck Ave. then it was Burney David Moore. I remember this because by grandfather lived next to him and told me about it a while back. I will have to ask my grandfather to be sure though.

Isn't Robert Meredith the guy that disappeared like 30 years ago. Didn't it have something to do with bikers?

I remember that Ben Doyle case to. Wasn't someone named Wong or something like that arrested for the murder? It is hard to remember with all the murders we have going on lately.
HangMan

United States

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Harry Henderson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that the person that killed David Moore died in a car wreck years ago. I don't believe he was ever charged though. If you are talking about the guy that was going to pick his child up on Keck Ave. then it was Burney David Moore. I remember this because by grandfather lived next to him and told me about it a while back. I will have to ask my grandfather to be sure though.
Isn't Robert Meredith the guy that disappeared like 30 years ago. Didn't it have something to do with bikers?
I remember that Ben Doyle case to. Wasn't someone named Wong or something like that arrested for the murder? It is hard to remember with all the murders we have going on lately.
Tracy was locked up for a short time in Ben's murder but she was released and not charged. Lisa Wong's murder is not linked to Ben's murder but I had heard that a Les Vincent could be a link to both. Not sure it is only what I had heard.
old-school

Jeffersonville, IN

#13 Sep 30, 2012
Harry Henderson wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the person that killed David Moore died in a car wreck years ago. I don't believe he was ever charged though. If you are talking about the guy that was going to pick his child up on Keck Ave. then it was Burney David Moore. I remember this because by grandfather lived next to him and told me about it a while back. I will have to ask my grandfather to be sure though.

So wat Ur saying is maybe bikers had something to do with my dad
I've never met my dad my mom kept us away from him so that's why it is so important to me to figure out wat has happened to him
By chance would you know which group of bikers it could be so I could personally go to them and talk to them about wat might of happened since EPD won't question anybody it's up to myself and my sisters to figure it out
Harry Henderson

Evansville, IN

#14 Sep 30, 2012
old-school wrote:
<quoted text>
So wat Ur saying is maybe bikers had something to do with my dad
I've never met my dad my mom kept us away from him so that's why it is so important to me to figure out wat has happened to him
By chance would you know which group of bikers it could be so I could personally go to them and talk to them about wat might of happened since EPD won't question anybody it's up to myself and my sisters to figure it out
I'm not saying anything. I just heard years ago Robert Meredith was involved with bikers and it may have something to do with his disappearance. I have no clue what biker group it would have been. Maybe some local guys? I hope you find out what happened to your dad. I hope you have some DNA from him.
old-school

Jeffersonville, IN

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Harry Henderson wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying anything. I just heard years ago Robert Meredith was involved with bikers and it may have something to do with his disappearance. I have no clue what biker group it would have been. Maybe some local guys? I hope you find out what happened to your dad. I hope you have some DNA from him.
I have nothing only thing I have is the thought of wat it woulda been like to know him wait we do have DNA but without a body to test it with we got nothing
For a friend

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 30, 2013
In the case of Robert Meredith, I'm a personal friend of 2 of his sons in Evansville. From what I was told the EPD thought maybe the woman he was living w/ prior to his disappearance might have something to hide. She still had his clothes & some items that he would never of left behind if he were leaving her,(family photos/guitar). But she says he left her...something's wrong w/ that picture. I wish someone knew SOMETHING. I've watched my friends suffer w/ this since we were kids. & they're extended family are such good ppl. I would really like to see them get the closure they deserve.
old school

Jeffersonville, IN

#17 Jan 30, 2013
For a friend wrote:
In the case of Robert Meredith, I'm a personal friend of 2 of his sons in Evansville. From what I was told the EPD thought maybe the woman he was living w/ prior to his disappearance might have something to hide. She still had his clothes & some items that he would never of left behind if he were leaving her,(family photos/guitar). But she says he left her...something's wrong w/ that picture. I wish someone knew SOMETHING. I've watched my friends suffer w/ this since we were kids. & they're extended family are such good ppl. I would really like to see them get the closure they deserve.
Well the two brothers are my real bros thanks for your comment but just wish I could find out which biker group it might have been I investigate myself if need be I don't give two ships of how dangerous it could be I just have to get to the bottom of this crap
For a friend

Tucker, GA

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Well I sincerely hope u get the info u need. God Bless.
Guy Minnis

Newburgh, IN

#19 Feb 10, 2016
My name is Guy Minnis and I am a retired Evansville Police Detective. I was assigned the case on Robert Meredith and I worked my ass off trying to find out what happen to him. I am the one that got DNA entered into a DNA database in case remains were found. My investigation lead me to deep South and I had detectives down there trying to turn up information. I passed all of the info I had onto the family and I was not "Abrupt," I was nothing but nice, sympathetic, and professional. I hate it when people misrepresent the facts. I had nothing to work with and this was many years after the case. In fact, I keep hoping the DNA I got from the family will help to solve this case one day. Whomever thinks they know me, obviously does not know me at all.
Won Tons

Erin, TN

#20 Feb 10, 2016
You expect the Government to solve the case of a "Wong"?
They have never solved the case of , "Who shot J.F.K".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emma Beans 6 min Going to get his 7
snitch (Nov '12) 12 min Bobby 17
drunk and ready to fu€k 45 min Jay 23
Ya know what Abby? 1 hr abby dawn 12
Whos looking to suck 1 hr Jay 2
Nympho 1 hr Ujt6 1
Oral 1 hr Jay 4
Chris Alvey and cousin Cory 4 hr DoubleTeamHookeers 28
Missing handicapped girl 4 hr Bringthat childhome 350
Chief of police in Newburgh suspended 4 hr Bobby 23