First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Info

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Apr 2, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...

"I don't care if Rick Ross is 40 years old -- he's a misguided 40-year-old person."

Strong words from Talib Kweli Monday as he addressed the recent controversy over Rick Ross' rap verse on the song U.O.E.N.O., in a HuffPost Live segment hosted by Marc Lamont Hill.
While Ross seems to have chalked the controversy surrounding his lyrics up to some unspecified "misunderstanding," many are not buying his explanation.

"Rick Ross condoned rape in that song ... and he should apologize, and his apology that he offered was unacceptable." Kweli continued.

Ebony Magazine's News & Life Editor Jamilah Lemieux, Washington Post columnist Rahiel Tesfamariam and activist Rosa Clemente, also participated in the segment discussing not only Ross' lyric, but also the importance of holding hip-hop artists and American communities accountable for not proactively rejecting rape culture or adequately addressing the prevalence of violence against women.

"A lot of what we criticize about hip-hop, we tend to make it black specific, or ghetto specific, or male specific. It's just an American problem. So you have white men, you have white male politicians who have said things that are very similar to what Rick Ross said," Lemieux commented.
WOW

Evansville, IN

#24 Apr 2, 2013
OkNow wrote:
I guess for him it's ok to be a rapist but not a correctional officer. But then again, it's probably not true since everything he raps about is a lie......like being a drug kingpin.
I mean really whose giving him props for being a rapist when he hasn't raped anyone? He's simply rapping about stuff that does go on. Ppl kill me this same stuff is portrayed in movies, yet no one criticizes riters /directors for shooting these movies. When the man goes out and actually commits the offense or is accused of it then ppl can come out and holler. Until this happens leave him alone. All he is doing is rapping and gettin paid for it. All this trash about people doing what he raps about is just that, rubbish. If he didn't make this song. those same people could watch tv and get the same urges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby 15 min Really 12
tootles 45 min runner 1
xbox 51 min badomenentity4life 1
My "first" wants to be with me. 9 years later. 1 hr Help 1
microsoft 1 hr fxbox 1
xbox one has anal with admin 1 hr fxbox 3
Pixie 1 hr Pixie 20
shooting on walnut last night 6 hr Go Blue 40
•••
•••