Your teenagers' online accounts

Posted in the Evansville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Detective

O Fallon, IL

#1 Sep 26, 2013
Just curious, how many of you have access to your teenager's Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Ask.fm account? It seems that a lot of us either don't know that their children are vulgar on these sites, or just don't care enough to know what's going on in their lives. Also, by "access" I don't mean "do you have the password." I mean, do you do your due diligence to check it?

I've seen a lot on these sites - specifically Twitter & Ask.fm - that is troubling. Not just for my own teen, but that of their friends.
Apathetic Ignoramus

Waterloo, IL

#2 Oct 2, 2013
Not even one single fark was given. It's a classic case of "I don't know, and I don't care." Either that, or they don't want to piss off their little princess or prince.
Surprised? I'm not. The country is going to hell in a handbasket, and bad parenting is partially to blame.
silly parents

Waterloo, IL

#3 Nov 1, 2013
Do you think we don't have more than one account? We keep "dummy" accounts with everything we do. Hell, I even have a second checking account and a PO box so you can't spy on my sh!t. I take care of everything online with passwords Snowden couldn't crack.

My parents will never know how good I am, and your kids will never let you know either. We give you just enough info in the accounts you know about to feel like we're "normal" because you'd freak if you knew the crap you're letting us get away with.

You're doing a fine job, we're just smarter than you. Get it?

You parents are so cute at that age.*smiles knowingly*
silly parents

Waterloo, IL

#4 Nov 1, 2013
Apathetic Ignoramus wrote:
Not even one single fark was given. It's a classic case of "I don't know, and I don't care." Either that, or they don't want to piss off their little princess or prince.
Surprised? I'm not. The country is going to hell in a handbasket, and bad parenting is partially to blame.
You may as well maintain your ignorance. You'll sleep better at night. The days of parental control are over.

Don't blame me. Don't hate me. I'm more straight with you than your kids will ever be. Be a good soldier and keep feeding us and putting a roof over our heads. We damn near own you know, don't make it any harder on yourselves.

Make that face for me again. It's cute how your eyes come together and your nose scrunches up when you're angry.

BTW, I'm not coming home tonight, just going camping with some friends. not sure where YOLO! <3 u Mom
yup

United States

#5 Nov 2, 2013
silly parents wrote:
Do you think we don't have more than one account? We keep "dummy" accounts with everything we do. Hell, I even have a second checking account and a PO box so you can't spy on my sh!t. I take care of everything online with passwords Snowden couldn't crack.
My parents will never know how good I am, and your kids will never let you know either. We give you just enough info in the accounts you know about to feel like we're "normal" because you'd freak if you knew the crap you're letting us get away with.
you are why kids shouldn't have acces to the internet without direct supervision. You're a rotten brat who needs a hard spanking with your pants down in front of your friends
Anonymous

Waterloo, IL

#6 Nov 4, 2013
Silly parents may need a spanking but i had to laugh because its true. You can hide certain info from certain people so technically a parent would not know whats really going on even is they did do good detective work. For a parent to know the ENTIRE truth they would in fact have to hack the account and even then you will run into road blocks with all the security feature available through these sites today. Im not on either side really because my kid is only a toddler and I didnt have a facebook or twitter till I was grown nor did i have a cell phone till I was old enough to afford it myself so I never came across this before.
Elections

Martinsville, IL

#7 Nov 4, 2013
Elections have consequences:
You elected the people that made it a law that you could not see your minor children's abortion medical records.
You elected the people that said you could have free health care.
You elected the people that teach "my two daddies" in kindergarden.
You elected the people that give condoms to grade schoolers without asking you.
You elected the people that say you must ask them if you can carry a firearm.
You elected the people that will not let your child fight back when bullied in school.
You elected the people that say you are violating your children's civil rights if you force them to give you their passwords.
What are YOU going to do at the next election?

Since: May 13

United States

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Young girls are hooking up/ texting with older men threw these accounts. Be aware parents!
Ashley

Waterloo, IL

#9 Nov 4, 2013
These young girls think they are the coolest people to ever grace this earth. They think they are above everyone else. Sooner or later they will have a wake up call. Life isn't about the popularity contest. No one really cares what brand clothing you wear or what kind of car you drive. No one cares that you think you are "cool". Real life doesn't work like that. They are not rebels. They are not the first to try and out smart their parents. Case in point is the naive girl above. I just hope it doesn't take a tragedy for her to wake up and realize that she doesn't know everything like she thinks she does. She isn't smarter than her parents. She isn't some "bad ass". She is just like every other female on this planet when they went through the dumb naive stage.
Detective

Belleville, IL

#10 Nov 5, 2013
silly parents wrote:
<quoted text>

I sincerely hope your parents password-protect their wifi, never give you the password, and take you phone - along every other luxury item they've given you. Having a car, nice clothes, and a cell phone is a privilege; not a right. Also, just FYI, it's not hard to watch the traffic on a home network.
silly parents wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well maintain your ignorance. You'll sleep better at night. The days of parental control are over.
Don't blame me. Don't hate me. I'm more straight with you than your kids will ever be. Be a good soldier and keep feeding us and putting a roof over our heads. We damn near own you know, don't make it any harder on yourselves.
Make that face for me again. It's cute how your eyes come together and your nose scrunches up when you're angry.
BTW, I'm not coming home tonight, just going camping with some friends. not sure where YOLO! <3 u Mom
I can't even begin to believe the amount of stupid in this post. It's almost like someone is posting this just to piss people off. But that would never happen on the internet, right? "Going camping with some friends." If this is a teenager, and you talk to your parents with the same contempt that you use here, I don't think you'd be enjoying life very much under my roof. You wouldn't be leaving the house until you learned some respect - and true respect can't be faked. YOLO - and I have all the time in the world.
James

Thomas, WV

#11 Nov 7, 2013
Detective, what you're saying is that teens should be required to allow their privacy to be invaded 24/7 and should surrender their freedom of speech/expression. Sure you're going to have those kids that abuse it but if you are up a kid's ass their entire life and you eventually let go of all control (which you will have to) what do you think their FIRST move will be?? They will rebel harder than you could ever have imagined. I'm no parent so maybe i have no right to say this but i think TRUST is what has left people these days. You want your kids to behave? Show them the correct path and then trust them to walk it, don't invade their privacy to make sure that they are, have faith that you have not failed them and that the decisions that they are making are ones that you can be proud of. Now I'm not saying you should ignore when mistakes are made but its no reason to go DEFCOM 5 , I'm sure you were perfect as a teen but everyone else isn't and without these mistakes to learn from progress cannot be achieved. You guys keep saying how parents need to keep a tighter hold on their kids, perhaps some do but a death grip isn't going to help either. And whoever keeps referencing pulling a teens pants down and spanking them, you should probably seek therapy or something. You don't spank a teen "on their bare bottom" how stupid are you.
investigate

Harrisburg, IL

#12 Nov 7, 2013
Your child is your responsibility...do your homework.
silly parents

Waterloo, IL

#13 Nov 9, 2013
You parents all make me laugh. I'm "incognito" on my Dad's PC right now. He needs me to do "that spysearch thing" as he calls it, so I thought I'd pop in for a minute just to let you know that I can access whatever I want ON MY PARENTS' computers and tablets as well as my own. They will never know because I clear EVERYTHING when I'm done. It's a favor; part of my CHORES ha ha ha. You're all so naive.

Oh, and my parents can't cut me off from anything if they ever became suspicious of me. The second they do, I'll own them and everything they have, because I have all of their passwords and just enough information to be both of them for just long enough to get to Cuba and retire comfortably...at 15.

So, now, are you pissed about bad parenting, young punks, or that you didn't have a plan like this when you were my age?
yup

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Nov 9, 2013
silly parents wrote:
You parents all make me laugh. I'm "incognito" on my Dad's PC right now. He needs me to do "that spysearch thing" as he calls it, so I thought I'd pop in for a minute just to let you know that I can access whatever I want ON MY PARENTS' computers and tablets as well as my own. They will never know because I clear EVERYTHING when I'm done. It's a favor; part of my CHORES ha ha ha. You're all so naive.
Oh, and my parents can't cut me off from anything if they ever became suspicious of me. The second they do, I'll own them and everything they have, because I have all of their passwords and just enough information to be both of them for just long enough to get to Cuba and retire comfortably...at 15.
So, now, are you pissed about bad parenting, young punks, or that you didn't have a plan like this when you were my age?
wow. More complete stupidity. I'm just going to let you think you have it all figured out. Then when you're 35, alone, raising a half dozen black kids by different dads you haven't seen since you farked them, dealing with hep c and aids, retired in "cuba", and absolutely nobody wants to touch or look at your extremely sour and even more extremely stupid face, maybe you'll just begin to get that you didn't have it all figured out when your moronic teeny bopper as thought it did.
silly parents

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Nov 9, 2013
You think I'm one of those stupid chicks? I go through them faster than IP addresses. I also don't get involved enough with them to get one knocked up. The things I do are business related. Stupid chicks are commodities, just like the things they sell for me.
I don't move anything that is addictive. I don't move anything that can kill a person. These rules keep the girls from screwing anything up too bad. Oh, and they never go alone. It works for everyone, and the girls get their share of party favors.
So, I could be using your daughter as a runner, party planner, whatever you want to call it. No one gets hurt, and best of all, you'll never know because they all know how to hide their legit accounts from you.
SMH

Red Bud, IL

#16 Nov 11, 2013
I agree with Yup. "Silly parents" is clueless. She thinks she has the whole world figured out. Reality will soon set in. Until then, let her think she is smarter than everyone else. Who in the world would ever retire to Cuba? LOL That's ridiculous. She's just a stupid kid. "Business related"? LOL "Runners" Wow. This is funny. She thinks she's some important person but she's just a silly naïve teenager. She'll figure life out eventually. For the time being let her live in her fantasy world of thinking that she is somebody important and some bad ass. What she is doing (or acts like she is doing) is nothing new or ground breaking. It's been going on for longer than she has been born.
yup

United States

#17 Nov 11, 2013
Claiming to be a weed dealer. Yeah, lots of serious weed dealers in rbhs. Selling pen doobies at lunch? Thinks he has it all figured out confessing to selling dope on topix, true or not. Still sounds like a chick to me, lying or otherwise. Probably dresses like a chick too, or a "biebs" lookalike, cuz justins a badass right? Rrrrriiiiiggght.
silly parents

Waterloo, IL

#18 Nov 13, 2013
You're all so sweet. I want to pinch your cheeks and give you all little kisses on you noses.

This is a Red Bud forum, but has nothing to do with my RL location. Yeah, I have friends in Red Bud. You may know some of them. As I mentioned before, you'll never know who I am or who they are.

I never claimed to be a weed dealer. BTW what decade did you grow up in? No one's called it weed in a minute.

Why Cuba? You're clearly kidding. It's beautiful. A U.S. dollar goes forever there. I can claim political asylum due to the oppressive capitalist U.S. government. They'll eat that crap up, but that won't matter because I'll never get busted for anything I do here, so I'll never have to leave.
well

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2013
silly parents wrote:
You're all so sweet. I want to pinch your cheeks and give you all little kisses on you noses.
This is a Red Bud forum, but has nothing to do with my RL location. Yeah, I have friends in Red Bud. You may know some of them. As I mentioned before, you'll never know who I am or who they are.
I never claimed to be a weed dealer. BTW what decade did you grow up in? No one's called it weed in a minute.
Why Cuba? You're clearly kidding. It's beautiful. A U.S. dollar goes forever there. I can claim political asylum due to the oppressive capitalist U.S. government. They'll eat that crap up, but that won't matter because I'll never get busted for anything I do here, so I'll never have to leave.
"stupid chicks are a commodity, just like the shit they move for me, I don't handle anything that can kill a person". Despite your arrogance(without any reason), this is a confession, braniac. Your ip means nothing to us, we aren't as stupid as you are stupid enough to assume. Cuba, its for you baby. Dirty and poor, no free speech, oooooo, and you're an american, they'll treat you awesome. Please, by all means, go there, the sooner the better, because you are a perfect example of why america is dying fast, and not because of your openly confessed weed dealing, but the rest of it. "Ill never get caught". You're already caught, you're just too naive to recognize it. Good luck with all this, because therest of us, people who have actually lived in this world long enough, andexperienced al the crap you think you're the first to think about, think youregonna end up a toothless prison girlfriend, and the only way you will avoid it is to become a snitch, a rat, a cowardly little peon telling on his "friends"(drug dealers don't have any) to avoid mommy finding out about your lunchtime doobie sales. I'm good here, you can rave on about how cool and smart teeny boppers are, because you're the best there ever was. LOL.
silly parents

Olathe, KS

#20 Nov 14, 2013
Go ahead and work for a living. I'll never be a working stiff. Your hard work keeps people like me from having to work. The money you give your kids to 'go out' ends up in my pocket, with no heavy lifting;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evansville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
red bud DQ Jun 22 Yea but did you die 3
Jackson ave(good street or no?) Jun 21 Lindsc82 1
Daycare Jun 21 Expecting Mother 1
Firemans picnic bands (May '15) Jun 21 prince 8
Backstreet wine and dine Jun 18 hecker 11
josh Jun 16 mike 19
Hillary says she will end coal energy Jun 11 Pantsuit manikin 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Evansville Mortgages