coaches....

Iola, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

How has this team been losing so many games is it the coach or what's goin on?
The correct man

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Male sports in red bud is way down and may be for a few years. Talent runs in cycles, just look at the football program. Rough times right now. There are some good athletes, but not all kids go out for other reasons. I promise you, the reason for the losses is not coach gill. The jv team struggled last year in about every single game, and that is this years team, adding one starter who averaged 5 pts a game. Great group of young men, but just not that talented. Trust me, they work hard every day in practice, and coach gill gives his all as well. He does know his stuff, and if you actually do know other coaches in the area, he is well respected by them. No one remembers the amount of wins a team has, unless they win a state championship, but they do remember the character of the players on the court and what each one of them make of theirself. No better person to coach those skills of honesty, teamwork, Godly values, and perceiving through failures, than coach gill
Bobby

Murphysboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Coach Gill is a great guy... He will get out of this team what h can, as he alway does....Football on the underhand is different... He needs to recruit his local junior highs in the district. Talk to all incoming 8th graders.. And at the end of the day get a hold or at least get nvolved with the JFL program...Hopfully cutting the age to 7th and 8th grade only and getting rid of all the want to be Vince Lombardies ...Really the muskets program is a laughing stock aound the area.
Vince Lombardi

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Bobby
Love to hear your substantiation on "The Muskets program is a laughing stock aound the area" please bless us with your infinate wisdom.....
try

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Coach Gill tries. He's a nice guy. Don't be so hard on him.
coaches....

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

I heard the players and there parents want gill fired would this be a step in the right direction....or would you rather have the players quit
Please

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Get a clue. Great kids, but Phil Jackson couldn't coach this team to 8 wins.
coaches....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

1-Maybe not this team 2-what about last years team? They didn't even get over 500% 3- people would play if he wasnt coach
Whatever

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

The muskets are a laughing stock? I have sons who have played and think its a great program.
state this

Smithton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

It is so brave of a person to hide on here and attack other people and organizations.

The Muskets have put nearly 2,000 kids through in 35+ years. They are self financed. Provided the start of the Musketeer football program.

All organizations are about the kids getting to play/learn/grow via sports, scouts, clubs, work, etc.

No person or group is perfect-especially me. I would rather my kid win a few and lose a few in sports than have an uncle pissing n moaning about life and putting others down.

Observer from trico

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

I've watched a few games this year and from what I've seen gill is using jack Richards over a lot of other players that are equally or if not better. He does nothing to help. I'm confused as to why? The kid was a Turnover machine in JV last year. Now don't yell at me for ripping on the kid, I'm not putting him down, I just don't think he's ready for varsity. But, if this season becomes like last season.. I say start mixing in more of the younger kids just so they get experience. What would it hurt plAying the sophomores and juniors when your down by 20 in the 2nd half? I would just like to see some damn improvements and idc what anyone says when you have 4 consecutive losing seasons it's time to start pointing fingers. When you have had players like Kunkel, Kueker, Hoffman, the liefers, Magruder, Phegley, schneider, Salger, Schwartz, they all seem to have given it their all but yet he could never get a winning season! BUT he is a good guy to everyone's face so kuddos to him.

BTW, I have never seen 2 assistant coaches up someone's ass more than the coaches gill has. He definitely has them wrapped around his finger, which doesn't help the program much, if this place is still called a program.
coaches

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

Observer from trico wrote:
I've watched a few games this year and from what I've seen gill is using jack Richards over a lot of other players that are equally or if not better. He does nothing to help. I'm confused as to why? The kid was a Turnover machine in JV last year. Now don't yell at me for ripping on the kid, I'm not putting him down, I just don't think he's ready for varsity. But, if this season becomes like last season.. I say start mixing in more of the younger kids just so they get experience. What would it hurt plAying the sophomores and juniors when your down by 20 in the 2nd half? I would just like to see some damn improvements and idc what anyone says when you have 4 consecutive losing seasons it's time to start pointing fingers. When you have had players like Kunkel, Kueker, Hoffman, the liefers, Magruder, Phegley, schneider, Salger, Schwartz, they all seem to have given it their all but yet he could never get a winning season! BUT he is a good guy to everyone's face so kuddos to him.
BTW, I have never seen 2 assistant coaches up someone's ass more than the coaches gill has. He definitely has them wrapped around his finger, which doesn't help the program much, if this place is still called a program.
Then obviously you never attended any volleyball games. Those three coaches were hilarious to watch. Hoping next year is different.
embarassed

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

83-33 loss to Breese Central this is what the boys basketball team has come to!!!

When is enough enough?
yup

Columbia, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

coaches wrote:
<quoted text> Then obviously you never attended any volleyball games. Those three coaches were hilarious to watch. Hoping next year is different.
Agree! Legendre also plays favorites like Gil does. She just looks like she doesn't have the drive to want to win. Her job appears to be a job of convenience. I hope next year is better too!
Alumni

Tilden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! Legendre also plays favorites like Gil does. She just looks like she doesn't have the drive to want to win. Her job appears to be a job of convenience. I hope next year is better too!
who usGil's and Erin's favorites ?and who should be playing?
Friend

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Gil needs to go because he's starting to get kids not to try out because they hate him so bad. I'm seeing the same thing happening as what happened to Berger in that the players and fans revolted on him. Doesn't help when he is an ass most of the time either. He only acts nice to the people who needs to keep him in power
Seafood

Tilden, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

How is the team doing this year. Haven't seen much in the Belleville paper on Red Bud boys basketball this year?
DISAPPOINTMENT

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2014

embarassed wrote:
83-33 loss to Breese Central this is what the boys basketball team has come to!!!
When is enough enough?
HOPEFULLY WHEN NEW GYM IS HERE! NEW GYM=NEW COACH=NEW PLAYERS THAT WILL PLAY WHEN GILL IS GONE=WINNING TRADITION AT R.B.H.S.
Chuck Taylor

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

Bring me back... I might have been a clown but at least i won.
Off Base

Waterloo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2014

His name was Phil Taylor, not Chuck Taylor. Those are old converse shoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Evansville Discussions

Search the Evansville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 12 min AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Religionthebiglie 48,888
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 12 hr KrisChristie 1,856
Harms family 20 hr Curious 1
Child support 21 hr Dog 7
Poor food at office. Tue Food 5
Speedy Despain Mon speedy 3
•••
•••
•••
Evansville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••