State trooper killed in Tri-State Tol...

State trooper killed in Tri-State Tollway crash

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Mar 29, 2013, titled State trooper killed in Tri-State Tollway crash. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

An Illinois State Trooper was killed Thursday night when a semi-truck struck his police cruiser on the Tri-State Tollway, a state police spokeswoman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

Round Lake, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Ok, First off my prayers and condolences go out to the officer and his family. how does this happen? I get it that maybe the trucker had some distraction or fell asleep or had a medical situation etc etc a million reasons I guess. It just seems like an odd accident...could it just have been a fluke? out of all the highway the trucker rides the shoulder at that point? where the trooper was? very confusing. I hope all involved in this get thru it all ok. feel bad for everyone. The police,emts, fire fighters have a job that not a lot of people can do. I have so much respect for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evanston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lonely women Nov 17 WILDBILL 4
News Catching hold of the rye -- Food and Dining Cul... (Jun '08) Nov 14 mir 7
Increasing number of blacks and Hispanics movin... (May '08) Nov 5 Good ole days 148
News Employee Wore Store-Owned Tie During Work, Took... Nov 3 feduplawyer 1
News VW taps head of Porsche to be new CEO amid emis... Sep '15 BAN the Diluter - EU 2
News One for the scrap heap (Jun '09) Aug '15 Scrappy 17
Attempted Suicide At Parking Garage Jul '15 Billy Coombs 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Evanston Mortgages