Vortex

AOL

#1 Sep 10, 2009
I'm doing research on my great-great uncle, John Nill, who co-owned the old Nill & Jess Bakery. From what I've found so far, one of the former business locations for the bakery still stands at 129 Factory Square and is occupied by a scrap metal business. I'm interested in finding anyone who has any old photos, business ads, bakery tins, etc. from the Nill & Jess Bakery, as well as anything related to John Nill's cigar business that operated until the early 1900's. I'm willing to pay for any items available.
Thanks!
Dale

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2009
Hi I have an awesome wooden box printed, and labeled from Nill and Jess Co. Shoot me an email and I will send you pics!
Imagine21Yahoo
Dale

United States

#3 Sep 29, 2009
That's Imagine215@yahoo
Vortex

AOL

#4 Oct 9, 2009
Hi Dale.
I sent you an e-mail (to imagine215@yahoo). I'd like to see the photos.

Dan
satisfashion101

Long Beach, CA

#5 Feb 20, 2011
Hello, while doing some research on Nill & Jess, I came across this forum. You may want to check out two items I have for sale on eBay.
The item numbers are:
and:
Thanks!
Carl Gotlieb Nill

Modesto, CA

#6 Sep 13, 2011
I'm a distant relative of this family by marriage. Most of them were born in Nehren, Germany, and I've been there twice. My connection is thru Carl Gottlieb Nill, b. 29 Sep 1879 in Nehren, Germany, who emigrated to America in May 1887 to NY from Bremen, Germany on the ship "Fulda". He married 1st Carolina French who was my great aunt. Their only child died at age 2, so I really don't have any other connection with them other than this: Carl Gottlieb Nill's youngest brother, Johannes, had a grandson named Peter Nill who is in my generation. I happened to meet him while working next to him at work -- very strange coincidence. This is in California. Do you happen to know his family? Mara French -- email me at marafrench@mindspring.com
Carl Gotlieb Nill

Modesto, CA

#7 Sep 13, 2011
By the way, I have tons of photos of this family. They used to live on Academy St. in Watertown. Mara
Daniel Grau

Newton, MA

#8 Jan 21, 2012
I have a beautiful poster for Nill & Jess Co's Biscuits that has 3 girls standing near a railing holding flowers. It advertises Biscuits. I believed the biscuits were called "WeNeedUm" (Weneedum) in competition with the Uneeda Biscuit put out by the National Biscuit Company (future Nabisco). I have posters for both. DanielGrau@aol.com
Vortex wrote:
I'm doing research on my great-great uncle, John Nill, who co-owned the old Nill & Jess Bakery. From what I've found so far, one of the former business locations for the bakery still stands at 129 Factory Square and is occupied by a scrap metal business. I'm interested in finding anyone who has any old photos, business ads, bakery tins, etc. from the Nill & Jess Bakery, as well as anything related to John Nill's cigar business that operated until the early 1900's. I'm willing to pay for any items available.
Thanks!
Hemi5747

Livonia, MI

#9 May 31, 2012
Vortex wrote:
Thanks!
I have a great wood box from this company it's available thanks
Hemi5747

Livonia, MI

#10 May 31, 2012
I have a great wood box from this company it's available.
My email

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#11 Jun 5, 2012
Vortex, are you still around? I found a wonderful bottle!
John

United States

#13 May 3, 2013
Vortex wrote:
Thanks!
We have a nill and Jess biscuit /cracker display box
Linda

Jordan, NY

#14 Aug 19, 2013
Vortex wrote:
Thanks!
I own your great-great Uncles summer home in the Adirondacks that he built in 1897. If you are still around I would be happy to send you pictures of his home from back then. Its a great old historic home.
Vortex

Boonville, NY

#15 May 12, 2014
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Vortex, are you still around? I found a wonderful bottle!
I'm back!!
Do you still have the bottle? I'm interested if it's still available.
Vortex

Boonville, NY

#16 May 12, 2014
Carl Gotlieb Nill wrote:
By the way, I have tons of photos of this family. They used to live on Academy St. in Watertown. Mara
Hi Carl.
I'd love to see the old photos! Are you related to Aunt Lottie??
Vortex

Boonville, NY

#17 May 12, 2014
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
I own your great-great Uncles summer home in the Adirondacks that he built in 1897. If you are still around I would be happy to send you pictures of his home from back then. Its a great old historic home.
Hi Linda.
You're the current owner of Cobblecrest?? It's a beautiful home!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evans Mills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wwny (Sep '13) Dec 19 Stephen 2
IHC HS Principal leaving? Contract not renewed? (Mar '13) Dec 18 anonymous 7
Jiu jutsu nation is full of drug users Dec 16 Twins92 4
the pet zone watertown mall (Nov '12) Dec 16 Olivere951 24
Matt and Diana Dec 12 Queenie 1
Massenaa s FYE to close; Deb shops files for ba... Dec 12 brushton 123 4
County attorney says school chief is presumed o... Sep '14 mizz nosey 1
Evans Mills Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web