Packing heat, picking up highway trash

Packing heat, picking up highway trash

There are 386 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 25, 2009, titled Packing heat, picking up highway trash. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A group of Adopt a Highway volunteers were packing more than trash along the shoulder of Minnesota 55 in Mendota Heights on Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
George

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 26, 2009
Can we look forward to similar stories about the Star Trek fans who clean up the highways with their uniforms, phasers, and klingon battle axes. Sheesh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JJ in MN

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Oct 26, 2009
thanks to all those that act unselfishly and keep the roads clean.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Oct 26, 2009
so an 18 wheeler swerves off the road into the ditch..are they going to exercise their right to protect themselves? what a bunch of nuts

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Debbie

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Oct 26, 2009
Boy, next thing you know they'll be having KKK members picking up trash along 94 & Dale.

Why can't they just pick up the trash without acting like, "I'm cool, I carry a gun." What a bunch of Dirty Harry wanna bees.

Real men don't have to carry guns.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 26, 2009
oxboro wrote:
so an 18 wheeler swerves off the road into the ditch..are they going to exercise their right to protect themselves? what a bunch of nuts
I dont think so, but dont throw that cigarette butt out the window!
Indeed

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Oct 26, 2009
oxboro wrote:
As opposed to the unarmed volunteers- are they somehow safer from being struck by a vehicle? Are THEY "nuts" as well? Or is this simply a(nother) pointless, and irrelevant from you?
Joel Rosenberg

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 26, 2009
"Boy, next thing you know they'll be having KKK members picking up trash along 94 & Dale," Debbie writes, while sitting in front of her computer.
Nah. KKK members are notoriously lazy. Sort of like folks who complain about others picking up trash while sitting in front of her computer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Well

United States

#8 Oct 26, 2009
Debbie wrote:
Boy, next thing you know they'll be having KKK members picking up trash along 94 & Dale.
Why can't they just pick up the trash without acting like, "I'm cool, I carry a gun." What a bunch of Dirty Harry wanna bees.
Shut Up and go make me a turkey pot pie.
Captain Obvious

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Oct 26, 2009
Gee wouldnt you just love to see some POS from N MPLS unknownly try to rob these folks!

HA!

Its your right to carry a gun and they are doing it legally which is more than I can say about of the POS gangsters running around!
Thanks

Maple Grove, MN

#10 Oct 26, 2009
Thanks for giving up your Sunday to help pick up after selfish drivers who can't keep themselves from littering.
40for60

Duluth, MN

#11 Oct 26, 2009
Indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to the unarmed volunteers- are they somehow safer from being struck by a vehicle? Are THEY "nuts" as well? Or is this simply a(nother) pointless, and irrelevant from you?
Ox lives in a pointless and irrelevant world, don't burst his bubble.
bah humbug

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Oct 26, 2009
Mr. Ferraro, it's not conceal and carry. It's CARRY. Conceal or not at permit holder's discretion. Learn a bit about the subject you are writing about before cranking out the story. And Debbie, you're an idiot with a remark about "Real" men.
MN Gal

Maple Lake, MN

#13 Oct 26, 2009
Bravo to any group that would take their personal time to clean up other peoples' disgusting garbage and urine-filled beverage bottles.
Red Star Ikeva

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Oct 26, 2009
Debbie wrote:
Hey,, air head, Come on over in my part of St Paul and we will see how tough you are.
You live in a Bubble Girlie Man!
Luke Larve

Tampa, FL

#15 Oct 26, 2009
Actually they were out there looking for their next meal. Super Wall Mart told them to stay out of the dumpsters and get back to their cardboard boxes. And leave the shopping carts

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Doc Savage

Iran

#16 Oct 26, 2009
Debbie wrote:
Sorry to rain on your shrill tantrum, Pooky.....but are you implying that all the Law Enforcment Officers, and the Men and Women of the military are "compensating"?

And heres a bit of reality snookums....severals years ago I kept an intruder from robbing my wife I and by pointing my hand held bang stick between his eyes...no, it did not make me a real Man, my wife thinks I made the grade without the pistol.

BUT...it did make my family safer.

So the in the unfortunate event you and your "real man" have to face a similar situation, ask yourself what he will do in the face of a mugger after he is done wetting himself.
Timmyboy

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Oct 26, 2009
So how many people had their heads blown off. How many accidentally shot themselves? How many armed robberies were there? None? Really? I would have never expected that with such a dangerous group. Did any garbage get picked up? A lot? Wow. Soooo, what's the story here?
DoveGirl

United States

#18 Oct 26, 2009
Debbie wrote:
What about real women? Are we also subject to your contempt when we carry?!
MN Gal

Maple Lake, MN

#19 Oct 26, 2009
I am so glad I can legally carry a gun, and I do carry everywhere it is legally allowed. Look how all the anti-gun folk get all riled up! Haha.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Oct 26, 2009
" "Now, if we had the perverts and pedophiles out there, that would be a different story." - Yeah, it would be justice. We should have all of the prisoners our there, chained together for OUR safety, cleaning the roads. Or is that cruel and unusual punishment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Minnesot... (Nov '10) Aug '16 matt 4
News Human remains found beside I-90 near Albert Lea (Apr '15) Apr '15 tbenj 1
News Extraditing Victor Barnard from Brazil could ta... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Jeff Sjolander 1
Gary Anderson (Jan '13) Feb '14 Nancy 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jan '14 DutchQ 11
News Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison arrested while pro... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Fed up with baili... 40
News Man suspected of being 'Plaid Shirt Robber' in ... (Sep '08) Sep '08 diceast 2

Evan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Evan Mortgages