Police officer forced to shoot crimin...

Police officer forced to shoot criminal wielding a gun.

Posted in the Eva Forum

Powerof prayer

United States

#1 Aug 12, 2012
Please Pray for this police officer and his family. This is no different then a solder fighting to keep America safe. Police officers risk their lives to protect our freedoms here in our community.
Rena

Morristown, TN

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Who are you talking about ? Criminal ?
PoP

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2012
No one in particular. Any reference to similar events, people, or characters, real or fictional, is purely coincidental. Donk-donk.
RIP Joseph Allen Weeks

Morristown, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2012
i aint ur who the are callin criminal but if this forum is joseph allen weeks shot by a cop on 8/8/12 that was my big brother he was a solider and he served in iraq ok they did not need to kill my brother they could have used bean baggs or ruber bullets but no they had to shot my brother with the same assualt rifle my brother carried when he was over in iraq a m4 assualt rifle they shot my brother under the left eye and i guess that wasnt good enugh cause they put another one in his belly and it was his girlfriends faut he was goin to kill himself but the cops had him talked down he set the gun down got on his knees and had his hands behind his back then DAWN THOMPSON ran out of the house and hit my brother and stared cussin him and he had ptsd and that triggered him so he grabbed her and the gun and the cops shot him but i love you with all my heart joseph allen weeks 5/5/89-8/8/12
Good Shoot

Parsons, TN

#5 Aug 13, 2012
Good Job to the Officer for makin sure he went home at the end of his shift. Sounds like the girlfriend may have been a contributing factor in his death but reguardless the pos should have never had a gun and put the officer in the position to have to use deadly force.
CoolStoryBro

Strawberry Plains, TN

#6 Aug 13, 2012
Good Shoot wrote:
Good Job to the Officer for makin sure he went home at the end of his shift. Sounds like the girlfriend may have been a contributing factor in his death but reguardless the pos should have never had a gun and put the officer in the position to have to use deadly force.
sounds like YOU'RE the POS. a man is dead, and his family can see what you say. There is a special place in hell for ppl like u
PoP

United States

#7 Aug 13, 2012
God bless our police officers.
Missing my boy

Seattle, WA

#8 Aug 21, 2012
Joe was a soldier of mine. And to those who say good job to the police officer, I am truly sorry for you. You have no idea what the man had been through and the fact that he was shot and killed by a police officer that could have shot to disable him just shows the lack of training the police have.
Check into it

United States

#9 Aug 21, 2012
Bean station police were trigger happy in bean station and shot a suspect causing blindness and perm disability, she lived and sued the city, well she won a sizable lawsuit over 1mm, so to the family contact Ed semkoski the atty who won the case and ask for a review of the facts. If there's a way u may be able to seek Some restitution for the family due to this tragity. I normally don't support sueing anyone but if the situation warrants it then it needs to be used. If he has family of his own or kids or unpaid debts that need to be cleared and the police department can be proven to have taken action that was not justified there may be a case. Ok now all u haters start bashing but u know if it were ur family and u truly believe this was unjust u would seek damages too. I'm not saying abuse the system to try and get rich or anything but no one knows the financial burden that can be created due to negligence or a trigger happy cop who could have used more self control. Further more the woman who was fighting him should be tried for murder for provoking the final acts that led to him retrieving the gun for self defense in my opinion. Ok let them fly u haters I'm ready!
Sgt pepper

Blacksburg, SC

#10 Aug 21, 2012
Missing my boy wrote:
Joe was a soldier of mine. And to those who say good job to the police officer, I am truly sorry for you. You have no idea what the man had been through and the fact that he was shot and killed by a police officer that could have shot to disable him just shows the lack of training the police have.
I'm having a hard time believing that you are in the military. The military does not shoot to disable or injure when there are armed enemy combatants threatening the lives of solders. As a solder, you shoot to kill the bad guys... I guess that just goes to show your lack of training.
Please

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 21, 2012
Officers in Morristown, TN don't shoot their guns in haste. This guy HAD A GUN AND
WENT FOR IT!!! Apparently because of his nutso girlfriend (who should also be in jail), but regardless...he had a gun. I mean really, how often do you read about local cops firing their weapons? Come on...
o wow

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Missing my boy wrote:
Lack of training? The officer did his job JUST LIKE HE WAS TRAINED
officers are trained to nutralize the threat. CSI and all the other crime shows you watch is not real life you can just shoot a gun out of a mans hand
just found this

Morristown, TN

#14 Mar 5, 2013
I just found this article on Joseph Weeks. The article in the tribune had me doing research on this young man. I know neither Mr Weeks or the officer involved but found this to be quite interesting.

http://www.ourlivesourrights.org/statements/h...
health star frind

Arden, NC

#15 Mar 5, 2013
Missing my boy wrote:
I'm realy with u friendon this! The pigs, kid cops, tin badge heros or what every we can think to call them, well its still to good for them! And the only ones take up for one is just a streat ho, drunk mom, gay frinds and bleve me they are gay cops here in town! Or just trashy ass cops them self... we need to stand up and put our leaders in line or out of their little offices... if I was a drug dealer or user, the frist place I would go for a job is county or city cops...they deal more than any one on the streat ever thought of doing!! This town has already gone to hell over this crap... now we realy can't blame al of it on the kids that drive around lookn for girls in their new cop cars, hell their just kids and that's what young boys do.. they just want to be seen! This bull sh!t comes from the front office! The leaders that they are under, where do we start here? Well most of them can't keep a wife, some has had how meany 4,5. Look the best and easy way to put this is this town is cop sick! The best of this town has been gone for some time.. all is left is druges kid cops and mexcans. If we going to get a change, when its time to vote let's clean the office out and start over.. not any one workin in them knows what needs to be done.. they have their on little game the play.. if it had been one of their famlys that lost a love one, know matter what it was over.. they would be hurt also..but a cop is a cop they don't give a dang about us! They just want the name of a cop... pulling ur ladies over and tryn to bang them... and most do! Cops, what a joke any more!
health star frind

Arden, NC

#16 Mar 5, 2013
Good Shoot wrote:
what ur sayn just may come back to ur kids on day. U realy think people should have pitty on u? Won't happen! And on more thing I hope and pray that you and the cop see this man in ur sleep every time u go to bed!! I pray to you god not to let people like this go on with out ur jugment! Aman!
amused

Morristown, TN

#17 Sep 3, 2015
Check into it wrote:
Bean station police were trigger happy in bean station and shot a suspect causing blindness and perm disability, she lived and sued the city, well she won a sizable lawsuit over 1mm, so to the family contact Ed semkoski the atty who won the case and ask for a review of the facts. If there's a way u may be able to seek Some restitution for the family due to this tragity. I normally don't support sueing anyone but if the situation warrants it then it needs to be used. If he has family of his own or kids or unpaid debts that need to be cleared and the police department can be proven to have taken action that was not justified there may be a case. Ok now all u haters start bashing but u know if it were ur family and u truly believe this was unjust u would seek damages too. I'm not saying abuse the system to try and get rich or anything but no one knows the financial burden that can be created due to negligence or a trigger happy cop who could have used more self control. Further more the woman who was fighting him should be tried for murder for provoking the final acts that led to him retrieving the gun for self defense in my opinion. Ok let them fly u haters I'm ready!
The only mistake was they didnt use enough rounds to finish her. Well known drug peddler in lower Hawkins co/bean station, under the influence....actively ran from police, was under the influence. Wrecked her car. Officer (who got out to check her well being and detain or transporter via EMS) is one of the finest ppl I've ever known. She tried to run him over while he was on foot (she had warrants and no intentions of going to jail) and the other officer shot her.if u say u wouldnt try and save your brothers life then u r a liar. Ppl talk about cops using lethal force, well, what happens when it isn't lethal? She broke the law. Tried to harm somebody. She could be just as blind from a rubber bullet. When these ppl live our corrupt society rewards them. I don't believe in heavy handed cops who ate bullies BC they were picked on as kids....and there are a LOT of those.....BUT, good officers should allow trash to kill them BC the teash's life is worth more?!? Can u really be serious?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Name 3 good things about Morristown 10 min Corrupt leader 29
Tiffany LeighAnn 21 min Ffff 37
Hannah's brats 25 min Whyyyyy 2
2016 Christmas parade 47 min Mrs Prudemore 3
Shannon Brisentine 1 hr Ivana 8
Hey Vapers 1 hr Ivana 6
Brokenhearted? 1 hr Ivana 4

Eva Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance