|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

agree wrote:
i enjoy this post it shows how we care for our kids.."wow" i respect you and your thoughts.. "perfect parent-not" i respect that you came up with the truth...we all try to be all big and fancy at time but in the world we are just another person..anyone can be who they want behind a computer,but it take heart to say "what" you really are..god bless you both
The purpose of my "bitch" post was to show that anybody can type anything at anytime about anyone acting anyway with anybody. Simply put, reality is what matters. Besides, if they really have things squared away, why would they waste there time on topix looking for answers. Parents, just do your dead-level best, hug your way through today's problems and get ready for tomorrow. I'll never forget what Carroll O'Connor (Archie Bunker) said soon after losing his adukt son to drugs. "Get between your kids and trouble anyway you can". The man had just returned from his son's funeral and said this with tears in his eyes. There may not be a magic answer, but having raised two children who have become successful adults, I can say I used both: Hug your way through things and get between your children and trouble any way necessary. If this means driving them to and from school when you can, then more power to you. Good Luck and God Bless.
JOEJOE

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

getoutofmyway wrote:
put them on the bus
WHY DO YOU CARE?????
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Tennessee Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly effects me! My taxes pay for the bus and the driver, the gas and tires, the insurance and driver training. When I see a 75 passenger bus pulling onto school property with only a handful of kids on it at the beginning of the day, I really get angry. Especially when there is a line of mamas in vans and SUVs wasting gas and polluting the air, so the precious little darlings don't have to ride that old bus. So, it most certainly has something to do with me - and every other taxpayer. We moved here from another community. Children there were required to ride the buses and private parent chauffeurs were NOT allowed, unless there was a darned good reason that was coordinated with the school. Way less traffic, way safer for the kids, and the taxpayers got to see our money put to good use.
If every kid rode the bus, you would see a lot more buses, therefore more of your tax dollars spent on school transportation. I took my kid to school on the way to work, so I was part of the traffic anyway. A school bus is not safer than my car, nor is the bus driver safer than me. If I had to go out of my way, the kid would probably be on the bus, unless there was a compelling reason not to be. I was a bus rider for twelve years, no problems. But everybody's situation is different.
Parent

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I rode the bus as a kid. Once, the driver stopped on the train tracks beside the Berkline building and sat there screaming at us until the police showed up. He was unstable. I will drive my kids to school.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Parent wrote:
I rode the bus as a kid. Once, the driver stopped on the train tracks beside the Berkline building and sat there screaming at us until the police showed up. He was unstable. I will drive my kids to school.
I was on the bus and a car came up beside us, and pointed at a rear wheel. Some of us high school kids looked down and could see the tire was extremely wobbling. People started shouting at the substitute driver that their was a problem. He thought we were fooling around. I walked up to the front and told him, look, there is something wrong with a rear tire. Please stop the bus and check it out. If you think we're joking, hold ME responsible for the joke. He said "go sit down". I said let me of this bus. He said "go sit down now".

About a mile or two later, we were in the "Alpha dip" as we called it then. The tire or tires on the back drivers side came off, and the bus went down on the wheel. Thankfully, the driver was able to maintain control and get the bus stopped. Turns out the bus had been in for maintainence. The lugs were put on backwards, and they worked themselves loose.

Maybe somebody else here on Topix remembers that. It was late 70's.
really

Marion, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Tennessee mom took the words right outta my mouth!! Nuff said!!
uhuh

Sparta, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Jr likes to ride the bus. gets a bj couple of times a week sitting on back seat.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

uhuh wrote:
Jr likes to ride the bus. gets a bj couple of times a week sitting on back seat.
I never got one on the bus. Did rub some nice breasts a couple of times.
Tennessee Woman

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>
If every kid rode the bus, you would see a lot more buses, therefore more of your tax dollars spent on school transportation. I took my kid to school on the way to work, so I was part of the traffic anyway. A school bus is not safer than my car, nor is the bus driver safer than me. If I had to go out of my way, the kid would probably be on the bus, unless there was a compelling reason not to be. I was a bus rider for twelve years, no problems. But everybody's situation is different.
You missed my point. The busses ARE ALREADY on the roads, but they are almost empty because the kids that should be riding them are in the vans and SUVs behind them adding to the traffic jams! LOL.
Mom

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Parent wrote:
I'm betting I know which driver that was. How long ago was it? 10-15 years ago maybe?
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Tennessee Woman wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. The busses ARE ALREADY on the roads, but they are almost empty because the kids that should be riding them are in the vans and SUVs behind them adding to the traffic jams! LOL.
True about the added traffic. But the tax payer argument is flawed. As you said, the bus is already there. There is no extra cost because it is only half full. If everybody rode the bus, you might need more busses to carry all of them. More tax payer dollars going to transportation. More riders also mean more stop and go driving and more weight being carried. This would burn more fuel at tax payer expense.

The people driving the vans and SUV's buy their own gas, not the tax payer. The argument could be made this is wasting energy because a bus is available. I would support that position. I hate our dependence on foreign oil. Would like to see the USA, you and me and fellow Americans, take steps toward energy independence. But that's another topic.
because

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

because i can leave my house at 7:40, drop him off and be back home by 7:50. vs him getting up at 6 am to get on a bus @ 6:30 to go to a school 1/2 a mile away. when i pick him up, i get there at 2:45 and am home by 3:05 vs him riding the bus and getting home @ 4:15. he's my my child and my responsibility and i don't see the need in having him sit on a bus or in a gym no longer then necessary.
soul food

Candler, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

putt them kids on the busses we got to much trafic cloging up the school driveways an parking lots now better yet make them kids walk to school now when i was growing up we walked 6 miles to school and 6 miles back home in the snow bairfooted.
Jan

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

soul food wrote:
putt them kids on the busses we got to much trafic cloging up the school driveways an parking lots now better yet make them kids walk to school now when i was growing up we walked 6 miles to school and 6 miles back home in the snow bairfooted.
based on your spelling and grammar, I don't think u went to school.
obvious answer

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

I drive my kids TO school so that they will learn coreect grammar and spelling. Hopefully they will be taught the difference between to and too. This is something that the original poster obviously never learned.
obvious answer

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

correct not coreect
Cause I Want To

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I drive my kids to school because I can, I want to, they enjoy riding with me, it's more comfortable, they can sleep longer in the mornings and get home much earlier in the afternoon, I feel it's safer, we get to spend some quality time together, we stop and get breakfast occasionally, I know it's much cleaner. Besides, I'm a retired teacher who gets a kick out of taking the grandkids to school. Maybe it's something they will remember fondly even after I'm gone. Anyway, for the here and now, it's what we all want, we can afford it, so we do it.
curious

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm betting I know which driver that was. How long ago was it? 10-15 years ago maybe?
Probably.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Eva Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Eva Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••