why do you drive your kids too and fr...

why do you drive your kids too and from school

Posted in the Eva Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
getoutofmyway

Morristown, TN

#1 Jan 25, 2013
put them on the bus
Pat

Morristown, TN

#2 Jan 25, 2013
getoutofmyway wrote:
put them on the bus
NOT. I am a far better driver than any bus driver in this town.
y

United States

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Why don't you ride a bus to where you are going?
no way

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 25, 2013
My daughter did ride the bus when she was in 7th grade. The high schoolers had sex and smoking pot in the back of the bus. And the bus driver did nothing about it.. the kids video the whole thing. It was on youtube. My daughter was around that trash.. I heard a girl was raped on the bus last year in Jeff. County she was only an 8th grader and a senior at the HS RAPED her..there is only one adult on the bus to watch over the kids from K to 12 That's impossilbe. They need teachers or more adults to ride the bus to make sure these kids are safe...
BabyMomma

Morristown, TN

#5 Jan 25, 2013
I drive mine to school because of my work schedule. Sorry, but leaving my kids standing on side of the road in the dark hours of the morning just isn't something I am comfortable in doing. After school they ride the bus home. Again, because of my work schedule. If it wasn't for that I would pick them up then as well.
Mom

Morristown, TN

#6 Jan 25, 2013
Because the nearly 2 hours daily spent riding the bus could be better used for sleep in the morning and studying in the evening. You won't find many top students on the bus.
Mom 2

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 25, 2013
Mom wrote:
Because the nearly 2 hours daily spent riding the bus could be better used for sleep in the morning and studying in the evening. You won't find many top students on the bus.
Exactly !!!
Truth

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Because I love my child and I enjoy spending those extra hours with them. Also, I am not lazy and I do not mind waking up early with them to get them off to school.
another mom

Morristown, TN

#9 Jan 25, 2013
Agreed. I don't want my kids standing a block away in the dark rain/shine/cold/hot to wait for a bus before they should even be getting up. And I would like them home before 4:30 in the afternoon, which is when the bus would get them here. 7 hours of school a day is already 3 more than state law requires; why push their time away from home to almost 10 hours?
I'm not, however, buying into the crap that some parents say goes on on buses. If you want to know what goes on, go to the bus garage and watch some of the onboard videos. You won't see what has been described.
momma from Jeff County

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jan 25, 2013
another mom wrote:
Agreed. I don't want my kids standing a block away in the dark rain/shine/cold/hot to wait for a bus before they should even be getting up. And I would like them home before 4:30 in the afternoon, which is when the bus would get them here. 7 hours of school a day is already 3 more than state law requires; why push their time away from home to almost 10 hours?
I'm not, however, buying into the crap that some parents say goes on on buses. If you want to know what goes on, go to the bus garage and watch some of the onboard videos. You won't see what has been described.
what are you saying about "you won't see what has been described?"
Working mom

Morristown, TN

#11 Feb 4, 2013
Because I'm getting out to go to work anyway. Shouldn't you be?
Dad

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Feb 4, 2013
Mom wrote:
Amen to the truth.
Really

United States

#13 Feb 4, 2013
Mom wrote:
That has nothing to do with the child's education you damn idiot and there's nothing wrong with kids riding the bus and calling people lazy because they put their kids on the bus makes you sound like an ignorant bitch.You people need to get the tit out of your child's mouth and let them be kids.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Feb 4, 2013
Because I want to. What's it to ya?
Wow

Jefferson City, TN

#15 Feb 4, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do with the child's education you damn idiot and there's nothing wrong with kids riding the bus and calling people lazy because they put their kids on the bus makes you sound like an ignorant bitch.You people need to get the tit out of your child's mouth and let them be kids.
You yourself sound highly educated NOT!
Mom

Morristown, TN

#16 Feb 4, 2013
I enjoy the conversations we have on the way to and from school. My kids talk about what they're worried or excited about that day on the way, and we go over the day's plans. Sometimes we talk about their friends. On the way home, they tell me things while they're still fresh on their minds. I like being the first to hear about what went on during the day. I feel closer to my kids because of the talks we have in the car. Sometimes in a busy household, "car-talks" are the best talks you get.
Mom

United States

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>That has nothing to do with the child's education you damn idiot and there's nothing wrong with kids riding the bus and calling people lazy because they put their kids on the bus makes you sound like an ignorant bitch.You people need to get the tit out of your child's mouth and let them be kids.
I never called anyone lazy. I honestly do not care if someone chooses to put their kids on the bus. I do care that my children have more valuable things to do with their time than wait for/ride the bus. My decision is based on what is best for my children. The question was asked and I answered with my reason. If you don't agree that is your option but attacking me is not the way to discredit the argument.
why

United States

#18 Feb 4, 2013
becouse the way the world is these days...want to make sure they are safe
Angie

Talbott, TN

#19 Feb 4, 2013
getoutofmyway wrote:
put them on the bus
I'm just curious as to why you even care why some parents prefer to take their kids to school. Why would you even make an issue of something that has nothing to do with you and doesn't affect you? I drive my child to/ from school, but I've never wondered why or thought twice about why some parents want their child to ride the bus.
getreal

Powell, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2013
so they can LOOK like a Big shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eva Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
September 23, 2015 prophecy. Any thoughts ? 1 hr FFS 5
Kevin Hunt (May '14) 1 hr Hughy 21
hope center (Feb '13) 1 hr Mallard 38
Old Rail line in down town (Feb '14) 1 hr Ben 15
Hot chicks at jtekt 2 hr Really said 60
becky carson (Oct '14) 3 hr curious 9
Why do guys wear earrings in both ears ? (Jul '09) 3 hr LOL 307
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Eva Mortgages