Berryville High School Gym Hauntings??

Berryville High School Gym Hauntings??

Posted in the Eureka Springs Forum

Jennifer

Kansas City, MO

#1 Jan 19, 2011
I looked thru the data base and I didn't run across an existing discussion on the gym hauntings. If I missed it I apologize.
I am doing some research for a paranormal team I am with and also for an international paranormal group I am with.
If you have any information on the Berryville High School gym that is paranormal or non please share it with me.
Thank You!!!!
Red

Wichita, KS

#2 Jan 19, 2011
A bunch of us teachers kids used to run around between the old gym and libary. You know by those huge steps and when the big purple playground was still right outside the new gym. Anyways, we use to get boogered out because Freddy Crouger lived ( or was it his grave?) under the grates ( for drainage). Thats all I remember about it being haunted :)
I did really get creeped out and NEVER went by the lunchrooms back exit. Maybe it was because of Marge, the scary lunch lady.
Oh yeah, and the bloody hand that use to come out of the bathroom wall by the toliet paper roll in my kindergarden class. That was almost 20 something years ago. Sorry no real stories.
morgan

Eureka Springs, AR

#3 Feb 27, 2011
well i go to berryville school now and i would like to know if their actually are hauntings and if there are what usually happens.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 May 1, 2011
Some say it is....some say it isn't. I went to school in Berryville, and spent a lot of time in the old gym, and I never saw nor heard anything out of the ordinary. Who knows?
legend

United States

#5 Apr 12, 2012
If it is not I am suprised. I was up between the old gym and the agri building after we got back from ozark from playing baseball. It was one in the morning and I was waiting on my ride. I heard noises inside the building. Also we got back the other night and two of us were putting gear up in the basement and we heard applauding up stairs. We went to check and no one was there at all. A little girl has some problems that are to to with her brain and she has a guidance lady. They were in the ladies bathroom in the basement and the little girl said she was talking to a little girl in an old dress and had pig tails. From what I experience through all my time in there something just leaves an eerie and odd feeling.
ann wiley
#6 Aug 29, 2012
my gradfather sherman anderson was the custodian for the berryville school.back in the day.they lived in the house with the old bus barn behind it.just across from the old gym.we wud sneak out with my cousins at night and play on the playground when we visted them.outside of a uneasy feeling by the gym.we never saw anything ghostly.it was very hard to breath, kinda smothery behind the stage by the girls bathroom.we wudnt go near there it was very uncomfortable.i dont remember grandpa saying anything about ghosts.grandma said the old buildings were frightening to her at night.she felt uneasy in the dark.i was around the gym for several years and never saw a ghost.
Anonymous

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2013
I'm a senior here now and I've never heard anybody else talk about it being haunted. Although whenever I go in there and am alone I get a very uneasy feeling. As if I'm bein watched. Dont go in there much thankfully
Leo

Berryville, AR

#8 Oct 30, 2013
Hauntings in Berryville? They must be happy Wal-Mart shoppers.
Ben

United States

#9 Jan 20, 2014
I was one of the kids that was putting baseball equipment in he basement of the old gym. Me and a fellow player were down there when we heard applauding upstairs. We looked at eachother thinking we were both hearing things and then I ran out. We went back in after telling our friends and heard nothing. Weirdest experience of my life.
Sissy

Lenexa, KS

#10 Jul 12, 2014
I am in middle school and the pe coaches brought us over there to play volley ball at the old gym and when I was up it felt like someone was right behind me but no one was!!that gym freaks me the heck out!!!!
Him

Stroud, OK

#11 Sep 16, 2015
I graduated from berryville back in 2014.I always had a feeling of being watched when I was in there but had never actually seen anything until one day when me and two other guys were down in the basement just passing time kicking a ball around when I heard someone laughing behind me. I was by the stairs next to the girls bathroom so I thought it was one of the girls from upstairs. I turned around to say something to her and I saw a little girl in an older style dress dart up the stairs. That was the first time I'd actually seen something in there. I'd heard other people's stories about seeing something in the old gym but never actually believed them. Never saw anything else after that but still had the feeling that something was around even when I was completely alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When will I be able to get medical MJ in Eureka... Oct 27 weedy 1
Jimmy henderson (Apr '17) Oct 26 friendly fiend 13
Is Zam still around? Sep '17 ES guy 2
Buddy and Lilly Sep '17 Old friend 1
Ann Ballard Aug '17 tone 1
Tim summers Aug '17 Victim 2
Tim summers and judge schrantz Jul '17 Rape victim 1

Eureka Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance