Arkansas Sportsman: Statistics prove ...

Arkansas Sportsman: Statistics prove Eureka Springs deer hunt safe

There are 3 comments on the Arkansas Online story from Sep 4, 2011, titled Arkansas Sportsman: Statistics prove Eureka Springs deer hunt safe. In it, Arkansas Online reports that:

Few activities are safer than hunting, and bowhunting, the method prescribed for the next controlled deer hunt in Eureka Springs, is the safest of all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arkansas Online.

Mark

Springfield, MO

#1 Sep 5, 2011
Eureka Springs, What are u thinking now. It seems every year the city, I once enjoyed so much is doing more and more to make things less fun with all the changes. Its so nice to see the few young deer roaming the city early in the morning. Its kind of like how the Basin Park used to be so busy with all the handmade items and all the nice people who there to sell there art. Now thats all changed and so many of the properties are cluttered with trash and peeling paint. What has happened the future of this fine city is it coming to a end of its era? I'm sure the owners of all the closed businesses are wondering the samething. Go ahead and shoot the deer what will it hurt at this point?
Woodswoman

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2011
People move here from "some place else" and want to feed the deer. And they feed them corn. The population has gotten way out of control! They are everywhere, they are constantly getting hit by cars, causing accidents, destroying the gardens (salad bars for them) an have gotten somewhat aggressive. For the health of the herd, for the well being of the community, this hunt has got to happen. Even outside the city limits, the deer are thicker than flies. I can sit on my front porch and shoot them!
ES Local

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 5, 2011
Mark, there are two dozen deer destroying my yard every morning, not a "few deer in the park!"

A neighbor's dog was almost killed by a deer. Just glad it wasn't a kid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Howard (Mar '15) May 1 Anonymous 7
murder and fire (Mar '06) Apr '18 sherri 73
News Three plead guilty in circuit court (Jul '07) Apr '18 The REAL John Lon... 6
News Pair earn sentences for prison (Feb '14) Apr '18 The REAL John Lon... 5
Eureka Springs Limo service not to recommend. (Mar '10) Apr '18 Your Whole Universe 32
Looking for Gentry or Freeman relativs Feb '18 CAROLYN FREEMAN M... 1
Looking for Clark descendants Feb '18 Family Research 1

Eureka Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

Eureka Springs Mortgages