should I relocate my business here?

should I relocate my business here?

Posted in the Eureka Springs Forum

belly bob

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2012
I've been a business owner for many years. I want to relocate to E.S., should I? I'm sure business is slow during non-tourist season... my hometown in a different part Arkansas is blah and theres no interest in art or anything unique, and I've never fit in here very well. Just thought I'd see what kind of input I'd get.

United States

#2 Oct 9, 2012
Go for it!
johnny boy

Paragould, AR

#3 Oct 10, 2012
well if you are into food service,you could open an eatery called the queer beer diner as the town is full of them.
ESLocal

Eureka Springs, AR

#4 Oct 19, 2012
@belly bob,

Knowing the type of business is crucial to answering your question. Several non-tourism industry business have located or opened in Eureka Springs in the past several years, some of which are doing very, very well. One has a backlog of orders the owner says will keep him working for decades.

Tourism is up big time as well. Unlike Branson and some of the other tourist towns in the area that are down or flat, our tourism tax is up 16% over last year, which was up from over the year before.
belly bob

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2012
ESLocal wrote:
@belly bob,
Knowing the type of business is crucial to answering your question. Several non-tourism industry business have located or opened in Eureka Springs in the past several years, some of which are doing very, very well. One has a backlog of orders the owner says will keep him working for decades.
Tourism is up big time as well. Unlike Branson and some of the other tourist towns in the area that are down or flat, our tourism tax is up 16% over last year, which was up from over the year before.
I've owned and worked in hair salons for over a decade, I also sew and make handmade baby items and children's items.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy henderson Jun 17 ha 11
Has the flood caused any damage? May '17 Guest 1
Britney Lovell who is she? Apr '17 Homegrown 1
Gateway PD Apr '17 Zach 1
News Legislation fixes, for now, dual-seat counties'... Apr '17 for real 1
Jack French (Dec '16) Mar '17 Fed up 2
life in Eureka Springs (Dec '09) Mar '17 Weedy 55

Eureka Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance