City Storm Sewers
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Who is responsible for the storm drain on Starling Airport Rd? The first one right behind Shell gas station. I wish the city- after several request- would come down and fix it or make whoever is responsible for it to clean it.
Letusnamenames

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2013
That would be Doris' ward. She is the only council member for the ward at the moment. You can also call the city administrator Shockey or the Mayor Ron Counts.
remember when

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Letusnamenames wrote:
That would be Doris' ward. She is the only council member for the ward at the moment. You can also call the city administrator Shockey or the Mayor Ron Counts.
Do you know how many times Doris wipes her azz a day?
I'm thinking soooooo.
Letusnamenames

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2013
And this is the reaction when you give people valuable information to try to help them out. How disgraceful.
Ha Ha

Arnold, MO

#5 Feb 19, 2013
I know, I know, it must be Nellie's Mom from Little House on the Prairie!
Letusnamenames

United States

#6 Feb 19, 2013
Now that show brings back memories. I hate it when they made the oldest lose her sight and everything went to the city.
remember when

United States

#7 Feb 19, 2013
East side wrote:
Who is responsible for the storm drain on Starling Airport Rd? The first one right behind Shell gas station. I wish the city- after several request- would come down and fix it or make whoever is responsible for it to clean it.
Sorry they do not spend the storm water money for real issues, they scam it and build salt buildings . They don't care if toilet paper is in the yards . They have other things in mind, you just keep paying ...ok?
Letusnamenames

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2013
Way to discourage a citizen.

Just call one of the three listed above. Their numbers are on the city's website at arnoldmo.org .
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 20, 2013
I have filed numerous complaints with the city. I was told by another council member, not my ward, basically I could clean it with my council person. Really- I don't pay a fortune to the city to have to pick up trash people throw out on Starling. I was told the owner of the property is responsible. He is the same guy that owns the land Pizza Hut used to be on. If he is responsible- then why doesn't the city make him clean it up. I wrote to the mayor on a totally different issue with no response. Not even a phone call to talk about the issue. I don't think it is the council members responsibility to dig out a drain that is suppose to be a sewer. I just hope Arnold can turn around and quit looking like a disgrace in the news.
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks to all who gave me info.. maybe I will call the chief. He runs a great police force in the city so just maybe he can help...
Letusnamenames

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2013
The council member won't dig the drain out, but they can bring it up in new business during a council meeting and get it on record. You can also speak during the council meeting an put it on record and that you have gotten no action.
Phone Call

Arnold, MO

#12 Feb 20, 2013
East side wrote:
I have filed numerous complaints with the city. I was told by another council member, not my ward, basically I could clean it with my council person. Really- I don't pay a fortune to the city to have to pick up trash people throw out on Starling. I was told the owner of the property is responsible. He is the same guy that owns the land Pizza Hut used to be on. If he is responsible- then why doesn't the city make him clean it up. I wrote to the mayor on a totally different issue with no response. Not even a phone call to talk about the issue. I don't think it is the council members responsibility to dig out a drain that is suppose to be a sewer. I just hope Arnold can turn around and quit looking like a disgrace in the news.
First you do not pay a fortune for city services. You pay one percent sales tax. With the exception of fees for sewer and stormwater, there are some utility taxes but you are not paying a fortune to the city. Had you complained about Fox C-6 then yes, you would be paying a fortune. Your other argument is pointless so get on with it.
If you have filed numerous complaints with the city there would be a record and a reply. One would be sufficient. Two would certainly have been addressed. Get Doris to do something and look into it. Her phone number is easier to find on the city web site than is this topix link. Have you really, I mean really filed anything? If so, then with which department? Yes the owner of the property is responsible for keeping a property picked up and keeping the mouth of a storm water drain cleared. After the debris enters the storm drain it becomes the responsibility of the city and we all get to pay to clean it out. How about you call the main office at 282+6600 and ask for community development or public works? When the nice ladies in either department answers be prepared to report exactly which property or drain you are calling about. Putting your gripe on this forum and expecting anyone from the city to hear about it and fix it is being just whiny and quite silly. You want to get an answer quick then trot your ass to the city council meeting and tell the mayor you have made numerous complaints and that you have even written him personally with no replies. I am pretty sure the whining can stop and you will get a reply. Here is another idea. Brian of the Missouri Stream Team will be hosting a stream team clean up event the first Saturday in March. He does it every year. Give him a call or go to his facebook page and tell him about your location that needs attention. He will get a crew on it. If you want to be civic minded, put on a pair of boots and old jeans and come help out.
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Phone Call you are the most ignorant person I have seen on this board. I do pay a fortune for the stinking sewer service the COA offers. I consider 159.00 every three months for no help is outrages. As far as Brian helping... what a joke. He was scheduled to have a crew clean it.. that never happened. There is numerous complaints about this sewer and LIKE I SAID NO RESPONSE FROM THE CITY... I asked a simple question and your response is not only ignorant, but uncalled for. All I can guess is you are a worker for COA or just a complete ass. For your information none of the 5 have been addressed. I would go to the city council meeting, but why would I waste my time to go see a circus that is getting no results??? From what I read the COA all look like a bunch of jackass fighting and can't even control a meeting. As far as calling the number you listed- they are useless just like YOU!

FOR YOU LAST BIT OF INFORMATION... I HAVE WORKED THE CLEAN STREAM IN THE PAST. I REFUSE TO CLEAN UP MARK LOINS OR LYODS PROPERTY.
Phone Call

Arnold, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Wow you sure told me. I feel positively chastened.

The phone number is the right one and the people who would answer it would be glad to help you. Now you can choose to whine or report. It's all in your hands now. I have to confess to having a little bit of a dark side and knowing that you are so wound up over an empty lot leaves me with a certain sense of enjoyment. The condition ofthat lot is affecting you much like a small piece of pork cutlet that gets stuck in your teeth at Grandma's house. Troublesome and bothersome as all get out and it just won't. You just cannot wait for mom and dad to say their goodbyes so you can get home and rush to the bathroom to snatch a length of floss to deal with it. ttfn.
East side

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Feb 21, 2013
For your information Phone Call... The so called sewer drain (creek) is not an empty field. It is deteriorating walls has about another foot and it will wash away my neighbors privacy fence. Before you speak- know what you are talking about.

Like I said in the previous post... this was a question for the nice individuals on here.. Not a jackass like yourself. Nice about my grandmothers house- since they died before I was born.. and both my parents are deceased.. so think before you put stupid shit on here.

If you want the address so you can look for your dumb ass self I will give it to you. I have no problem arguing this to your face...

Your probably one of the posters that has numerous names cause you are a freaking chicken ass and can't back up your post...

Phone Call- I hope you have a terrific day and when you want to visit just let me know...
Martha

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Phone Call is just a BIG AZZ!!!!!
Phone Call

Arnold, MO

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Look outside. Your problem is all gone.
Phone Call

Arnold, MO

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Martha wrote:
Phone Call is just a BIG AZZ!!!!!
No - I just do not tolerate fools. Whiners are even farther down that list. You must be okay with them though Martha.
Phone Call

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 25, 2013
I am sorry for posting such ignorant comments. I realized this weekend what an ass I really am..

Sorry to everyone on this board.

BM
(that's my initials not that i'm a bowel movement)
Letusnamenames

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2013
Trying to deflect by making another person look bad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eureka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fox C6 Board of Education : Discussion (Jun '14) 8 hr Eileen 1,493
Neighbors Fighting At Bottom of Hill on Carter Sun LawyersLoveIt 36
Hotties at Philip 66 by dollar general Dec 3 You bet 24
Child Molester working at Jeffers Collision Center (Dec '11) Nov 29 anon314 12
Helicopter at heads creek church?? (Jun '13) Nov 26 Sad But True 45
Shepherd Mix Dog Running Loose Every Day Nov 24 Doomed Puppies 12
Where do the Afican Americans hang out in Arnol... (Aug '10) Nov 22 Augustus 50

Eureka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance