|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
No one even mentions all the laws the district has violated where students are concerned. Do a sunshine request into all the complaints and ocr!!! All the talk is about hiring and people mad they didn't get hired!! Put you money where mouths are and show you care about the student!!!!
Are you claiming you have knowledge of students that have been mistreated by this district, even to the point of laws broken and you are sitting on that information? Tell someone for goodness sakes. Better yet start a thread here where you actually point these things out. All the talk on this thread is about or directed around nepotism! I am sick to death of others claiming they have some superior care for students. I never met a single employee that did not care for children, some had more contact than others but they all cared! If you see violations as you claim then get off your but and do something about it!
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

huh wrote:
I'm pretty sure Dan's daughter got hired at Fox while Dan was on the BOE. If he leads the board towards a new nepotism policy, it's a joke.
This is how bad information gets out there. I know for a "fact" Dan's daughter has taught in the district for 12 years. Dan has been on the BOE for 5+ years. If Dan says he will work on a new policy I believe he will.

You are the only joke on here posting things you know absolutely nothing about or you are intentionally misleading to make something look like something it is NOT.
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Tim wrote:
I wonder during all the new security measures at the schools, and the new fields if anybody thought to put cameras to catch vandalism. I bet the insurance rates are going up after watching the news this morning.
Another misinformed fool posting on here. Yes there are security cameras and yes they did capture the perps. on camera, just a matter of time before they are brought to justice.
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know him personally, I know his record on the board though, and I believe he has to go. I have spoken to him personally on two occasions and I came to the same conclusion as you, "he reallly listens to others". Meaning he is blown about by the wishes of others. Being president does not a backbone make.His vote for Kelly Nash and his stubborn stand by that decision is undeniable. When I confronted him about a super and a district that would actually try and supress the free speech of citizens he told me to my face that I "could not criticise people for doing their job". The very fact that he can not stand on his own is the thjng I respect least about him!
Having said that, two encounters with someone hardly makes for good understanding of an individual. So if he actually is working on a new nepotism policy, and he has the influence to change the policy before the next election then I would be among the first to praise him.
Sam I do know him personally and have for many years. He is a man of integrity and a man of his word. If he is telling you he is working on a new nepotism policy, take it to the bank!!! He can definitley stand on his own and will tell you what he thinks, You may not agree with him 100% of the time but if he says something, he truely believes it and will stick to his word.

Eveyone present voted for Nash because that is how the board has operated but I do know Mr. Smith was not in favor of the hire, but a majority of the BOE was and so the vote was 6-0. By the way, Mr Laughlin also voted "YES" should we vote him off the board next time as well???
Tim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Another misinformed fool posting on here. Yes there are security cameras and yes they did capture the perps. on camera, just a matter of time before they are brought to justice.
I see the fields all the time,so where are these mystery cameras you speak of ?
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam I do know him personally and have for many years. He is a man of integrity and a man of his word. If he is telling you he is working on a new nepotism policy, take it to the bank!!! He can definitley stand on his own and will tell you what he thinks, You may not agree with him 100% of the time but if he says something, he truely believes it and will stick to his word.
Eveyone present voted for Nash because that is how the board has operated but I do know Mr. Smith was not in favor of the hire, but a majority of the BOE was and so the vote was 6-0. By the way, Mr Laughlin also voted "YES" should we vote him off the board next time as well???
Well if he "truly believes" that I do not have the right to criticise him at his job then he's just dumb! It's not that we disagree, it's that he stood by abuse and then defended it! I will stand up to him, you, and anyone this district can produce when it comes to the nonsense of the cease and desist letters. That was just wrong to do to someone and he should of had the nerve to say so! Dr. Critchlow told me she was sorry, so who's right or wrong here?

The vote for Nash was 5-0, and I have repeatedly called for ALL of the board members to be replaced including Laughlin. Some things are more than mere mistakes or bad judgement,the Nash hire is one of those things. They have had chance after chance to come clean on that hire, privately as well as publicly, and they refuse to even admit it was wrong. It went against all they swore to do as board members and should be ashamed.......and yet they are not!

Now I'll say it again, IF by some small chance they are presently working on nepotism revision, and IF they can change it before the next election, and IF it includes related board members not keeping their position then I'll change what I say. In the meantime they all must be voted out and I will diligently seek their removal!
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if he "truly believes" that I do not have the right to criticise him at his job then he's just dumb! It's not that we disagree, it's that he stood by abuse and then defended it! I will stand up to him, you, and anyone this district can produce when it comes to the nonsense of the cease and desist letters. That was just wrong to do to someone and he should of had the nerve to say so! Dr. Critchlow told me she was sorry, so who's right or wrong here?
The vote for Nash was 5-0, and I have repeatedly called for ALL of the board members to be replaced including Laughlin. Some things are more than mere mistakes or bad judgement,the Nash hire is one of those things. They have had chance after chance to come clean on that hire, privately as well as publicly, and they refuse to even admit it was wrong. It went against all they swore to do as board members and should be ashamed.......and yet they are not!
Now I'll say it again, IF by some small chance they are presently working on nepotism revision, and IF they can change it before the next election, and IF it includes related board members not keeping their position then I'll change what I say. In the meantime they all must be voted out and I will diligently seek their removal!
You want "related board members not keeping thier positions??? What if the board member was elected "after" their relative was WORKING in the district? If you are saying that these people should be fired even if they were working before the board member was elected then you are simply "INSANE".!!
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the fields all the time,so where are these mystery cameras you speak of ?
They are no mystery. Look closer.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
You want "related board members not keeping thier positions??? What if the board member was elected "after" their relative was WORKING in the district? If you are saying that these people should be fired even if they were working before the board member was elected then you are simply "INSANE".!!
Yeah that really wasn't very clear was it? Sorry about that. What I mean is if it resembles something like Lindbergh where an employee can not be promoted into an administrative position if they are related to a board member unless the board member resigns, that I would support. Like Palmer and Nash.

Now I understand that the BOE have friends and family, I think it is admirable when people stand up for their friends, there is too little of that in life. But what I have always found lacking when it comes to this subject are people standing up for those qualified employees that got screwed! The board is a monumental failure on the issue of nepotism, and anyone that supports them in that endeavor is what I call "INSANE".
NEA

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

NEA news about negotiations out today that our new board member mr. Holloway whose wife is a teacher wants to be a parts of the teacher salary negotiations. Is this a conflict of interest already?
NEA

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Nevermind read post wrong it said board members. He is not one of them sorry Mr. Holloway
for the right reasons

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Tim wrote:
I wonder during all the new security measures at the schools, and the new fields if anybody thought to put cameras to catch vandalism. I bet the insurance rates are going up after watching the news this morning.
I find it interesting that when everything was happening at SHS this morning that Diane Critchlow wasn't there. You only saw Crutchley and Grimshaw talking with the media. Don't you think "Diane" should have been there as it is "her" district and she has done so much for all of us and likes to spend our tax dollars her way. Maybe she thought she would melt.
Albert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

NEA wrote:
Nevermind read post wrong it said board members. He is not one of them sorry Mr. Holloway
First get your facts before posting. Misrepresenting yourself as NEA shouldn't happen, especially when you probably aren't a member! Next if the board is going to properly manage the district stopping nepotism, they should be a part of any negotiations in the district including hiring and contracts.
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Crutchley is in charge of the buildings that is why he was there. Grimshaw was there because it was his building that was defaced.

I would also like to say that people who are on boards or are in charge of public entity's are held to a higher standard. Police officers, teachers, and principals. AND board members. No reasonable person with semi competent faculties could have ever said THAT WAS SOME GREAT WORK! After the hiring of the fry girl. I believe all current board members had a duty to stand up and say no. They didn't and for that they should go.

Dan Smith may be trying to save himself by drafting some bullshit no nepotism policy but that is only so he can save his own hide. He doesn't want to lose his seat.
Red 5

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Anyone notice that the job of assistant director of food service was posted today? Based on the job requirements it appears that Dianne, Todd, or a BOE member must have another family member in the weeds who needs a job. All it requires is a high school diploma. So in less than a year we'll have gone from having two degreed, credentialed, experienced, professional managers running the food service program to LInda Nash's enthusiastic daughter-in-law and a fry cook to be named later. Think Todd will put that on his next job application as an example of his HR expertise?

A while ago we talked about how Dianne and Todd had the opportunity to either do the right thing and hire an experienced assistant who could cover the huge gaps in Kelly Nash's skill set - or they could continue to cover their own asses by telling us that hiring another similarly uneducated, similarly unqualified assistant is in the school's best interest.

I don't know about all of you but I've had so much smoke blown up my ass in the last 6 months that if a strong wind comes along I may float away to Ronald McDonald Land. Is no one on the BOE tired of being laughed at?
Ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:
Crutchley is in charge of the buildings that is why he was there. Grimshaw was there because it was his building that was defaced.
I would also like to say that people who are on boards or are in charge of public entity's are held to a higher standard. Police officers, teachers, and principals. AND board members. No reasonable person with semi competent faculties could have ever said THAT WAS SOME GREAT WORK! After the hiring of the fry girl. I believe all current board members had a duty to stand up and say no. They didn't and for that they should go.
Dan Smith may be trying to save himself by drafting some bullshit no nepotism policy but that is only so he can save his own hide. He doesn't want to lose his seat.

Another person posting on here that is totally clueless. I understand Dan is not planning to run for school board again.(I think he has other plans). If he is drafting a nepotism policy it is because he wants to "get it right".
???
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Dan Smith stood by year after year while the bodies of nepotism piled up in this district! He has NEVER said or done a single thing to prevent it! If someone has public proof otherwise then produce it! He is the flippin problem for goodness sake, not alone, but not without blame! So now that Nepotism is an undeniable elephant in the room he is all "on board"? Please. I do not have to hang out with the man to know his voting record which tells more about him than anything you could learn in church with him. If (and that's a questionable if) he has had a change of heart it is most certainly not because of his core beliefs! CLUELESS? Talk about love being blind as a bat, you love the guy, great, tell him not to run because he will most certainly lose!
again

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ssdd wrote:

Speaking of... How did he become Assistant Sup of facilities? Sup over maintenance! He has a few screws loose and doesn't know the difference between a Phillips head and flat blade- BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL LOOSE! What skill set did he possess that qualified him to be in charge of buildings? Teaching cert, admin cert, adulterer? Hmm. I know it was the adulterous behavior that caused the move from principal to C.O., but why did they make him sup over facilities. Obviously it's not what what you know or who you know. It's who you screw and what CO will do to try and cover the poo.
Sam Ferry

Saint Charles, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

again wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of... How did he become Assistant Sup of facilities? Sup over maintenance! He has a few screws loose and doesn't know the difference between a Phillips head and flat blade- BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL LOOSE! What skill set did he possess that qualified him to be in charge of buildings? Teaching cert, admin cert, adulterer? Hmm. I know it was the adulterous behavior that caused the move from principal to C.O., but why did they make him sup over facilities. Obviously it's not what what you know or who you know. It's who you screw and what CO will do to try and cover the poo.
I believe he has an extensive backgound in building management and maintenance. I believe he has a greater understanding in that field than all of maintenance personel combined.
again

Vienna, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Sam Ferry wrote:
<quoted text>I believe he has an extensive backgound in building management and maintenance. I believe he has a greater understanding in that field than all of maintenance personel combined.
Believe or know?
I used to believe in the tooth fairy.

When did he receive this extensive background in building management and maintenance, Before or after his move to CO?

Where did he receive the extensive background in building management?

Just curious if you are stating facts or opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,721 - 1,740 of2,755
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Eureka Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Eureka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance